main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Voices" Post-Destiny's Way fanfic! Updated with shameless J/J mush-fest

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedishellyskywalker, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Yay!! A new chapter!!! Sorry it took so long for me to post about the last chapter. I had graduation stuff to take care of. Anyways, I loved, loved, loved the J/J mush! I can't wait to see the reunion!!

"It's amazing, but I never knew about your huge interest in frozen, ice-locked planets before, Jaina!" said Leia in mock astonishment.

"Yeah," agreed Han, "If I'd known about it before now, I would've taken you to visit Hoth, Kid."

LOL!! That is so typical Han and Leia. Gotta love them!

I'll post more with the next chapter!

EDIT: I just read chapter 7! Really really good! Tahiri feelings are so sad. I wanted to cry! Keep it up! This is getting really awesome!

Btw, sorry I took your 100! I didn't mean to!

~Jedi Master Jaina

2. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    No problemo, JMJ! I'm surprised that I managed to make it as far as post 100!!! :D

The next 2 chapters are written in my unreadable scrawl, but I'm not sure when I'll manage to get around to typing them up!

Shelly
    :D

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    loox like more than just jaina is tagging along...

4. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yep, JJ00, you're right! Just think of all the plot possibilities...

PS: For a small clue to Senator Bariolé 's personality, look up her surname in a French dictionary. Virtual Sherbert to the first one back with the meaning of "Bariolé"

Shelly

5. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Not that this has anything to do with this fanfic or anything, but I watched Lilo & Stitch today! Its really good! There was this bad, freaky, alien dude and he kept calling Stitch an abomination. Everytime he did, my brother (who reads the NJO books too) and I burst into laughter and started saying "Do-ro'ik Vong pratte!!!" I think my little sis Becky thought we had flipped! It was funny.

Okay then.

Shelly

6. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Dun DUn DUN!!!! So the plot thickens! And I'm loving it! So you must continue soon!

I totally understand about the exam stuff. I don't finish mine till June 19th!!! NOOOOOO!!

UP!

EJ

7. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yay, EJ's here! Good luck with your exams, I'll be thinking of you...

Shell

8. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Honestly, I thought the voice in Tahiri's dream was Jacen :( I was hoping at least. Good post, shelly.

~aeryn

9. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Okay I went to babelfish and translate the name. it turns out that Bariolé means "variegated". Having no clue what that means, I got out my handy dandy dictionary and 'variegated' means 'to enliven or give interset by means of variety.' That's what I came up with.

~Jedi Master Jaina

10. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    JMJ: Variegated? That sure ain't what my dictionary said. According to mine, Bariolé means "gaudily coloured". Sherbert for you anyway, cos you went to the bother of looking it up!

Shelly

11. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I've gotta go now, and do some last-minute cramming
    *shudders*

But before I go, I just had an idea...

Would any of you like to have a cameo at some stage in this fanfic? If you do, just send me (PM) details of your character (name, age, physical appearance, etc). I'll try to write y'all in somewhere...

Shelly

(PS: I may even make a guest appearence myself!)

12. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    sad post, poor Thairi.

the plot thickens :D

There was this bad, freaky, alien dude and he kept calling Stitch an abomination. Everytime he did, my brother (who reads the NJO books too) and I burst into laughter and started saying "Do-ro'ik Vong pratte!!!" I think my little sis Becky thought we had flipped! It was funny.

lol I should go and watch it, too :D

Can´t wait for more and Happy 100 Shelly

~Arissa

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I feel so bad for Tahiri. If I had found the love of my life and he was killed I don't know what I'd do but I hope I wouldn't be as heart broken as her. I bet I would be though. :( Can't wait until the next postie!

14. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    WEEEEEEEE!!! A good post.

*jumps round*

Good luck with the rest of your school stuff and I'll be waiting around fr your next instalment.

Truely,
    The Luna

15. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Arissa: THANK YOU!!!
    J_and_J: THANK YOU!!!
    Luna: THANK YOU!!!

16. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm bored, but I'm fed up of studying for my Irish exam tomorrow...what's a gal to do?

I know, I'll say "UP"

But I won't say it in English, I'll say it "as Gaeilge" (in Irish)

"SUAS! SUAS! SUAS!"
    (UP! UP! UP!)

Isn't learning fun?

Shelly

17. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
  18. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    i'll do it in japanese (i have my final today) for ya:

ue ue ue!

19. HeLLo_mY_NamE_iS_WeS

HeLLo_mY_NamE_iS_WeS Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2003
    Well I would say it in french but i cant remember it at the moment!

In fact i dont think i ever learned that word
    huh go figure.

Any way sorry i havent been in hear in a while im not always in the threads but thanks for all the pm messages THis story is really getting good im shocked i mean it was great when it started but you've really started to develope something here. Keep it up!!!!!

WES~

20. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow, Japanese! [face_impressed]

Yay! Wes is here!!! :D

Anyhoo, I know I said I probably wouldn't be postina anything at the moment, but well, I got bored and typed up the next chapter. I'll post it in a mo...

21. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Voila...

CHAPTER 8:

Jag Fel guided his claw craft smoothly into the Mon Calamari docking bay, touched down lightly, then powered down all of his systems. He opened his cockpit hatch and clambered out. Pulling off his helmet, Jag noticed for the first time that there was a group of people gathered to welcome him.

Jag could see his Uncle Wedge, accompanied by his wife, Iella, and Jag?s two young cousins, Syal and Myri. Beside them stood Han and Leia Solo, along with Jaina?s twin brother Jacen. But where was Jaina? After being embraced by his uncle and his family, and saying a polite if somewhat reserved ?Hello? to Han, Leia and Jacen, Jag opened his mouth to ask just that question, but before he could speak he caught sight of Jaina. She was just entering the docking bay, out of breath as if she had been running.

Upon seeing Jag had arrived, Jaina ran over to the assembled group. Ignoring everyone but Jag, she threw her arms around him, and buried her face in his flightsuit. Extremely conscious of the other people watching their reunion, and unsure of how he was supposed to react, Jag just put his own arms around Jaina and hugged her tightly, resting his chin lightly on the top of her head.

Han Solo coughed slightly and looked down at his feet, as if he had never before seen anything as engrossing as the scuff-marks on the toes of his boots. Jacen pointedly ignored Jag and Jaina and turned to speak to his mother. Wedge merely smiled at Iella. Syal started to giggle. Myri stared unashamedly at the couple, then turned to her mother,

?Mommy, is Jaina Jag?s girlfriend?? she asked loudly. With her words Jag and Jaina jumped away from each other as if they had been stung, and all the other adults burst into fits of laughter.

?Well, Myri dear, why don?t you ask Jag that question?? suggested Wedge in an innocent voice that fooled no one.

??Kay then, I will!? Myri declared, ?Jag, is that your girlfriend??

?Well, em, she?? muttered Jag. He looked to Jaina and received a challenging look back. Taking a deep breath, Jag replied, ?Yes, Myri. Jaina is my girlfriend.?

Stepping forward to join her younger sister, Syal said, ?Well if she?s your girlfriend, Jag, why doncha kiss her then?? Jaina and Jag both went an identical shade of red.

?Go on then, Jag,? smirked Jacen, ?Kiss her! Or don?t you want to?? The challenge in his voice was obvious even to little Myri.

By now very, very embarrassed, but seeing no alternative, Jag stepped in closer to Jaina, and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. As he stepped back after, Jag was surprised to feel a great weight rise off his shoulders. It was strangely liberating to openly admit that he and Jaina were an item. Judging by the slight smile on her face, Jaina felt the same way.

Leia spoke before anyone else could comment. ?I think we should leave Jag and Jaina alone now, everybody.?

Jaina gave her mother a grateful look, then said goodbye to her parents and brother. Jacen tossed Jaina a cheeky wink, which she chose to ignore. Before the Antilles family followed the Solos out of the bay, Iella said,

?Wedge and I would love it if you and Jaina would come to dinner at our place tonight, Jag. I know its short notice, and you probably have other plans, but??
    ?We?d love to, Iella!? said Jag, after looking down at Jaina questioningly, and receiving a nod and a bright smile in return. ?I think I am speaking for both Jaina and myself when I say that I?m really looking forward to it.?

?That?s great!? said Wedge, beaming. ?We?ll see you about seven so, okay? I?m cooking!?

Jaina?s face fell, and her brown eyes widened in fear. Myri looked as though she was about to cry. Wedge Antilles? culinary skills were legendary among every starfighter squadron for all of the wrong reasons!

?I?m just kidding, guys!? chuckled Wedge, ?And anyway, I?ve never understood why people react like that when I offer to cook. I??

?I?ll be cooking!? said Iella firmly, ?I wouldn?t inflict Wedge?s, em, unusual, cooking on a guest! Don?t worry!?

?

22. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    very very nice!!! i love myri's questions... shes so cute! and wedges cooking= :(. the reaction among = LOL!

-jj00

23. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, a sweet reuion [face_love]

And Myri rolf [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my sides are hurting.... [face_laugh]

The relatives can be so embarrasing.... lol

So, Jag? When you and Jaina get married, can I be a flower girl??

and Jacen is not much nicer

?Go on then, Jag,? smirked Jacen, ?Kiss her! Or don?t you want to??

I bet Jag wished that the floor would open and sallow him... or the others so they would be alone ;)

Myri is really cute ^_^

But Wedge cooking :( lol

The funniest J/J reunion scene I´ve ever read, but still romantic [face_love]

Can´t wait for more

~Arissa

24. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm glad you liked it guys. I based my portrayal of Myri on my own "darling" sister Becky, the Master (or should that be mistress?) of asking awkward questions at awkward times!

Sorry that it wasn't a particularly mush-filled reunion, all you J/J crazed loonies (that's not an insult, BTW, I'm one too!):D.
    Exam stress isn't conducive to writing very romantic scenes. *sigh*

So, has anyone thought about my idea of giving some of my readers a cameo appearence in this fanfic? I'm thinking of having a posse of scary girls who stalk Jag, I think that would be appropriate. Do you?

WHO WANTS TO STALK JAGGIE???
    *cue frenzied cries of "ME, ME" *

Just PM me the name you want to be called, the age you wanna be, and a brief physical description (tall/short, blond/brunette, blue/brown eyes, whatever).

Shelly

25. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I looked up the French word for up, but dictionaries confuse me, so instead, I learned how to say "higher"

"plus haut!!!"

Hey! It's close enough, okay! Where's aelie when we need her, huh?

Shelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.