Voluntary contribution to fund the production of flyers to distribute at Collectormania 11/12 Feb

Discussion in 'North' started by edgejedi88, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK - just like it says on the tin....our most celebrated FF-UK : N Banner Artist Tim B has produced a wonderful flyer which we would like to distribute to the masses, for the purpose of recruiting more people to the boards and in particular to the North....seeing as though the event will definately draw a Northern crowd.

I will cut to the chase - if you feel that you voluntarily would are able and would like to contribute, then pleae PM me and I will send you my details. Ideally payment by Paypal would be best, but a cheque will do just as good if not... * waves Jedi hand :D.

If you want to contribute, please PM me and I will send you a copy of the flyer - not that we are untrustworthy or anything!!! [face_thinking]

We are looking to print up around 50 x A4 colour sheets, each with two A5 flyers on...estimated cost of approx £35 total...

Thanks again for any kind assistance that any of you can give....[:D]
  2. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Update -

So far ;

Me
    TimB
    Go_Away

I will give it till the latter part of next week to see how many people have been in touch and how much people can afford and then post here!

Thank you to everyone who is able to help! [:D]
  3. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I s'pose IO should stick some in too :_|

Seriously though, I've seen it and its great and will help us no end if we can attract more members.

I hope a few more of us will chip in too, the more that do the less we'll each have to pay.

I'll send U me money next thu when I get paid Jace.
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    At this point I have to say on behalf of all us Northerners, a HUGE thanks to Go_Away for her contribution to the collection to fund the printing of the flyers! (came this morning - thanks!) Her abstinence of chocolate in favour of the FF UK : N cause is very much respected (although I doubt that Cadbury would agree!).

This puts us into hyper drive now! [face_dancing]

I will still continue to take any voluntary contributions however (Lord O - this does not let you off the hook - let those moths free!:p), as the idea that I have discussed with Lord O and TimB is to produce as many flyers as we can now, so at the end of CM we can just share out whats left, to be taken back to our respective areas for distribution.

Thanks once again Go_Away! [:D]

ps. any volunteers to help hand these out on the days as Jedi support? There may be a nice 'suprise present' in it for you!

pps. I was in Forbidden Planet Newcastle yesterday, who have made it clear that they are more than happy to promote us at their store! Yipee!
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Second [:D] to Go-Away, lady you are a :cool: -ette :D

I am heading to Liverpool in a few mins, will see if they are as happy to put up the posters in their shops ;) :D

I am gonna pick up some "things" from the Liverpool shops too, I have had an idea for a "quiz"-like thing where an undecided-at-the-mo (till I see what things are available lol) number of people getting high scores will get a pressie, SW related of course ;). Nothing expensive, and more for fun, just got the idea now luckily before I go to Liverpool for the last time pre-CM. More on that when I get back.
  6. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    *blush*

Thanks. Glad to be able to help.

Alas, I had a nice box of Roses last night lol Damn my lack of will power!
  7. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    All I will say is
    [face_whistling] 'thank you very much, thank you very very very much, thank you very very very much' [face_whistling]

If you remember the theme tune for the Roses adverts on TV then you must be as aged and decrepit as me! [face_tired]
  8. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm prehistoric :p But look at what we lived through - original Gerry Anderson, Dr Who and Blakes 7 :D
  9. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Blakes 7 - now theres a cracker...cant wait to see Paul Darrow at the GMEX!

Am I derailing my own thread? Oh, what the heck! :rolleyes:
  10. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, this is the kind of thread you can derail without consequence - people can PM you re the topic.

Ah, Avon - I had a big crush on him *cough*

Those were the days, sigh!
  11. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Servelan still scares the hell out of me....she still looks the same these days too I think - I saw her on the telly I think recently...[face_thinking]
  12. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like somebody is having memory failure lol

You just don't get baddies like that anymore. Don't get makeup like that anymore either :p

We need a retro-telly thread :D
  13. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Go for it! Post away!!!

There is a Tron thread in the JCC that I started (no one else seemed to remember it so I thought I ought to correct that....:eek:)

There are still a load of us oldies around to keep the spirit alive!!!! Check the guy in the Tron costume :p

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22972981&brd=10748&start=22973662
  14. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    hallo
    me again !
    i can help out somewhere ither teesside york or newcastle (or durham at a push )
    if you need plain paper try the pound shops there you can get 500 reems for £1 .
    if its money your after well im sure i can knock up a £5 note for somewhere .

it would be good to get some more members to the north more so the north west and leeds area .

sec
  15. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK guys!

We now have 250 A5 flyers printed up ready for CM!

Again, a big thanks to Go_Away for her contribution!

16. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    And they look realy good too !
  17. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Well done to all involved, You've done me and yourselves proud.
  18. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Keep some posters to one side for York ?
    they are good posters i was there when jace got them they look good the shop did a great job on them - many thanks to all involved .
  19. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    We'll see how it goes at collectomania. Think we'll get better exposure from gettin them out there as there'll be more ppl interested in Sci-fi etc than the average joe on the streets of york.
  20. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    you wont be saying that after you have had people wanting your pic taken with them at york .
    but i see where your coming from .
  21. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK guys - we are going for a second run of flyers while we can so they can be distributed at the GMEX meet!

So - from the people who have committed so far I need money from :

TimB - paid £10 to me
    Ogli - offered £ - ?
    Dave - offered £5

Anyone else before we go for more printing please? [face_praying]
  22. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Will just have to be a fiver this time. I'll put in for more if we do another one at a later date but I need beer money for sat.
  23. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    Just read this thread - not been on this board for a while.

If you e-mail me the file I can print these free no probs!
  24. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    PM sent Eddie! Sweet!

Good to see you around again - dont be a stranger to long!!! [:D]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.