main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Voluntary Dues and "The Donation Bucket" Read here for info.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    In Article 2, Section 2 of the adopted by-laws, it is stated that we will be collecting voluntary dues to help with expenses incurred in the operation of the club.

They are $12.00 per year. I don't know if the pay pal account is set up yet, but dues can be paid at any time to the treasurer (Bacon).

This is a very minimal amount. To be able to run for office from this point on you will have to be a dues paying member.

Dues will help pay for club expenses and other expenses as decided.

Also, beginning at the meeting/costuming thingy at the home of the President and First Lady on March 17th, we will begin to put out the donation bucket at all events. Donations will be used to cover food and drink expenses at events, business cards and/or advertising. The treasurer will collect donations at the end of each event and deposit the funds into the group account.

If you have any questions or concerns...Please refer to the By-laws or contact Nyborg13, otisdodge, or hyperspace_police.

Thanks.

2. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ok. So we forgot to put the bucket out at the Costume/thingy at Nyborg's. Our bad.

Oops.

See everybody next month.

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    *bump*
    The donation bucket will be attending Movie-night at Otis's

I will also have the reciept book with me so if you want to pay your dues you can...

4. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    What are the dues?

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The dues are voluntary and are 12.00 per year.

Their purpose is to help offset the cost of cards and perhaps t-shirts...that sort of thing.

The dontation bucket is just sort of out there if you want to drop a buck or something and the full details can be found in the by-laws.

I stress again that they are voluntary.

6. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    $12/year? If (Heaven forbid) I don't make it Saturday [face_praying] , I'll give it to someone here in town to forward on. That sounds cool.

7. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Doggone, I accidentally posted that twice, so let me say from my own standpoint it's my pleasure to chip in $12, at least it's something I'm directly involved in and not one of many (well-meaning) charity mailing a request for money out to me.

@};-

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I keep forgetting this, but we are fixing to get the account up and running.

I didn't realize back in Jan. just how far behind I'd get with chemo and all...Sorry about that.

I'm failing as a Sec/Treas.

But, bear with me and it'll all be back on track soon.

Like a true politician I don't get my butt in gear until it's almost time for re-election...
    hee hee hee

But, if you'd like to contribute...the t-shirt design will be determined probably by this weekend and dues paying members get a discount.

Remember: Membership has it's privilages.

Also, do not feel like you can't participate due to being broke. That is not the intenion. Therefore the "Voluntary". It's just to help off set the cost of cards and other stuff that some members are paying for entirely out of their own pockets.

The Bucket is to help with those that host events and provide drinks and food and such.

Thanks again.

And if I forget...somebody remind me.....

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    is there a meeting this weekend? i had no idea about dues. during the school year it can get difficult esp between sept-jan. yearbook is a b****.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Yep Meeting at Nyborg's this Sat.

Well, not so much of a meeting as a hang out and watch Kynstar fall down in the grass trying to learn to use a MR saber...hee hee hee

(I admit that I'm probably the one to fall, but I had to pick on her...)

Anyway...there are voluntary dues of 12 bucks a year. If you pay your dues, you get a discount on you t-shirt.

It's in the by-laws.

(I think)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.