main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

San Fran, CA Volunteer to help decorate the LFL Rose Parade floats!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh phooey, as I suspected they wouldn't need my fly-girl costume for the parade. I knew it was a very long shot, considering several 501st members were approved for that costume long ago. But I had to try since it was a costume I was all ready to put together anyway and it was on the list.

Maybe next week I'll know if I can volunteer from some float building if positions are still available for the first week.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Aww..that's too bad that you didn't make it, but try for the float building. I've done it before and it's a trip! You never really appreciate how much goes into the floats if you only see them on TV. I just suggest not wearing good clothes, it can get very messy with the glue.

I remember one thing from my float-building experience: "There are two types of glue we use. The kind you can wash off...and the kind you can't." :D

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Congrats to Bridget for making the Parade in her Tie Pilot costume! See, your costume is not basic at all! You are too modest ;)

- kay dee

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    We'll be looking for ya, Bridg! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.