San Fran, CA Volunteer to help decorate the LFL Rose Parade floats!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh phooey, as I suspected they wouldn't need my fly-girl costume for the parade. I knew it was a very long shot, considering several 501st members were approved for that costume long ago. But I had to try since it was a costume I was all ready to put together anyway and it was on the list.

Maybe next week I'll know if I can volunteer from some float building if positions are still available for the first week.
  2. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    Aww..that's too bad that you didn't make it, but try for the float building. I've done it before and it's a trip! You never really appreciate how much goes into the floats if you only see them on TV. I just suggest not wearing good clothes, it can get very messy with the glue.

I remember one thing from my float-building experience: "There are two types of glue we use. The kind you can wash off...and the kind you can't." :D
  3. kay_dee Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats to Bridget for making the Parade in her Tie Pilot costume! See, your costume is not basic at all! You are too modest ;)

- kay dee
  4. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    We'll be looking for ya, Bridg! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.