Volunteering for Conventions

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Solo42986, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Has anyone here ever done so? I've read through both the volunteer info for Official Pix and Gen Con for C4 (nothing yet for SDCC), and feel like I might do some volunteering while I'm there. Unless I'll be occupied everyday at C4, I don't know; that's why I'm asking for your advice ;)
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I think that the volunteers for official pics only had to volunterr for a set number of hours to be reimbursed.

You might find more information in the C4 Forums
  3. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    For Official Pix, you can register to work a minimum of 2, 3.5-5 hour blocks. And you get as reimbursement one autographed picture for hour worked, so that's basically 7 autogrpahs guaranteed for working the minimum amount of hours.

For Gen Con, looks like you have to register for either 20 or 40 hours, and they reimburse you for the price of your 4-day pass (plus other odds and ends). A better deal, but a lot more time spent volunteering.
  4. longbino Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you are looking to volunteer for Official PIx I know the guys that run the booth and am friends with one of their employess. I thought about doing it at C4 but it would depend on which days as I am going to have a lot to do.
  5. Mother_of_the_Twins Force Ghost

star 5
    So is anybody planning to volunteer?
  6. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    I still am planning on it with O.Pix, but I'm waiting until [after] Friday when I get paid and then order my convention pass.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.