main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Volunteers needed for the CCEE!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    We've got one month to go, and the CCEE needs volunteers.

If you would like to volunteer to help out (directing lines, providing information, or whatever else they may need), PLEASE post here. For crowd control, they would prefer people with costumes (as they are more visible) but even if you don't have a costume, please don't hesitate to help. We had a lot of fun last year.

Please don't post if you're not going to be FULLY committed to the job - don't bugger off when you're supposed to be at a particular spot.

Also, we need volunteers to man the FF table as well. We're going to positioned beside the 501st, and RIGHT ACROSS from RAY PARK. It's a good gig. You have to be to be friendly, outgoing, polite, and able to answer questions about the group. If you'd like to help out, please post here as well.

When posting, please indicate which volunteering job you're volunteering for (FF table or the CCEE or both).

It's going to be 10 times better than last year folks! Let's get some enthusiastic fans out there and show them what a great group we are!!

2. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    I assume if one volunteers it would be for the entire duration of the event?

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Sarah and I will be in our Battlestar Galactica BDU's in the morning and SW costumes in the afternoon. I'll volunteer myself for CCEE. If Sarah would like to team up with me directing the crowds, I would enjoy that.

4. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    You know I'm yours master [face_clown] And hopefully I'll have a costume by then and I'll be able to do some crowd control, but if not I have 6 years of retail experience, I can work the table and SELL our group to anyone [face_clown]

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm still working to get that day guaranteed off! :(:(:(:(

I'll definitely help out (especially at the CFF booth) if I can make it. I'll keep you posted.

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Yes, LordFuron - if you volunteer it would be for the duration of the event. You will of course get a break sometime during the day to walk around, get something to eat and mingle. At this point we just need to get volunteers and then Kandrix will organize the rotation of duties.

Love your enthusiasm Garrett :D . However, we don't need to SELL our group to anyone. We just want to put the word out there that our group exists, and that if you're a Star Wars fan, there's a place for you to come out, geek out and enjoy yourself :)

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I'll put this out there as I will need volunteers to help set-up and tear down for the show. I know I have 2 for sure (DTE and Echosevin) but the would like 2 or 3 more so if your interested let me know. I'm hoping my booth is across from the fanforce and badlands like last year as we owned that part of the con floor.

8. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    As long as I have time to grab a Ray Park autograph I'm in. I can help Dooks set up and tear down if need be.

9. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    I would like to be a part somehow, yet I have a concern. My wife and kids want to come as well and I know she can't handle the 2 of them alone. Any suggestions on what I could do to help out? Do any other members with families have any proven methods that work best?

10. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Getting them in costumes and keeping them trooping alongside you is a decent idea from what I've seen. You might need to move around a lot, since kids get bored easily. Perhaps walking the route from the C-Train to the building to direct people there would be a good idea for you. But they'll have fun just being in costume and getting pictures taken with their clone daddy. Your wife can be your handler, making it easier to keep an eye on the kids. In the afternoon I'll be in clone gear as well, so if we pair up for a bit I'll help make sure they don't wander off.

11. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Jay and I are in! Just as long as we have time to look around.[face_hypnotized]

12. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I can help out w/ both. I spoke to Kandrix at the meeting as well. I can help out one night during the week beforehand stuffing the bags. As for the booth, i'm in as well. And Dooks, i can probably help out w/ take down ( mabye set up, what time aree you getting there at?)

13. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I'd be interested. Just need dates and times to check the schedule.

14. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The expo is on April 29 only. Which is a sunday. The doors open at 10 and close at 6pm. There is setup and take down to do as well as other duties that need to be done.

15. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    As it stands now I can be available the whole day from set-up to tear-down to help out (be it with Dooks, the table, or even crowd control). Just point me in the the right direction.

w.

16. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I'll be there in my TK.

17. Tal-n

Tal-n Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    I can be there.....I'm ok doing both, it's hard to belive that a year has gone by, CCEE is where I first met most of you :D

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Here is more information from Kandrix, regarding the volunteering requirements for the Expo:

There are 3 different days that volunteers can help us with, and the things that we can do.

Saturday, April 21st - Bag Stuffing, prep, & general volunteer meeting at 2:00pm. There's lots to do, and people can drop in throughout the day to help out. We'll take whatever time we can get!

Saturday, April 28th - Setup at the event (exhibitor move in, guest placement, setup displays)

Sunday, April 29th - Day at the show. For the show itself, I think things will be broken down into 3 major areas. Opening, mid-day, and wrap up. For those that want to help during the expo, I think it would be fair if they take one of those shifts. The basic categories are admissions, crowd control, and guest affairs. Each of those can be broken down a little further into sub categories, but we can go over the specifics at the meeting itself. I think the opening shift would be something like 8:00 - 12:00, 12:00 - 3:00, and 3:00 to 7:00. The mid day shift would be the shortest so it doesn't eat up as much time for everyone to check out the show, but the other two will extend beyond the 'hours of operation'.

Thanks!

Kandrix Foong

We appreciate your help :D

Sorry - forgot to mention that the volunteer meeting and bag stuffing on April 21st will take place at Coco Brooks (640 42nd Ave SE).

19. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm in for the works. [face_dancing]

20. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I'm in for Ap 21st for sure, as well as the 29th ( just direct me as needed) I can do some volunteer for the actually expo, as well as our table. Is someone handling the scheduling for our table? I do want some time to look around and that fun stuff (& smoke breaks :))

21. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I am able and eager to volunteer at the expo. Probably for the first shift because I will need to be there early for setup if I am bringing my sculptures.

22. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Woot!!

Okay, I finally managed to get some semblance o a deal worked out at work, and I can make it for most, if not all, of the day. As of right now, I still have to work that night at 2100hrs till 0500 the next morning. I will continue to try to get that whole day completely off.

Anyway, I'll probably be there first thing in the morning.

I think I can manage to man the CFF table and do some CCEE work, too.

Yrol - I'll be sending you a PM.

23. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    This is a reminder about the CCEE volunteer event tomorrow (April 21). See thread for details.

See you guys there!

24. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who came out for the volunteer meeting and bag stuffing. It was a pretty fun time.

25. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    My apologies.
    1. Couldn't make it out to the volunteer meeting as I had to go check out a place in Airdrie (moving due to separation and Calgary is getting expensive).

2. Wasn't sure last week but it is now confirmed. I will be traveling down to Texas on the 29th...Beeville, TX of all places. Looks like I miss another fun event:_|.

You all have fun and take lots of pictures!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.