main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Vong and Rakata: related?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jul 19, 2013.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We don't know if the kids were genetically hers. Probably not.

2. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008

Hope they are infertile, because if humans and twileks could produce fertile offspring........then in some sense they are the same species, and it really does make twileks less alien.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When Essential Reader's Companion talks about the intended Vong-Sith relation, by "Sith" do they mean the Exiles or the Red Sith?

Mechalich

4. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009

Are we still on the Lucas dictates everything train?

great director sure, great writer or story crafter he is not, and doubaly so for worlds you have to spend more than 12 hours in. In the EU humans and twi'leks don't have offspring, that's human Twi'lek couples adopt

5. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    To add to this, i remember that Nina is the stepmother to the children, so the kids are not half aliens, but humans (though it appears the kids are not exactly normal humans, maybe Nina did something to them)

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When Essential Reader's Companion talks about the intended Vong-Sith relation, by "Sith" do they mean the Exiles or the Red Sith?

7. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    Speaking of which, it's frustrating to me that we get interesting new series like Invasion and Agent of the Empire, even Knight Errant, and they disappear so quickly. This has happened repeatedly over the past several years. It bothers me that Dark Horse comes up with great ideas and then basically says, "Oh that's not selling as well as we hoped, so here's another Darth Vader series. Here's a series focusing on the big three fighting in space every issue and dukin it with the Empire." As much as I love the classic characters and scenarios, it seems like a cop out when there's so much more niche worthy storytelling. I fear for the Dawn of the Jedi series after the Force Wars arc.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I said just this in the comic-con thread! Thank you! About your avatar, I should have known Vader was a smoker when I heard his signature breath!

Anyway, check out my question above.

Darth Ridiculis likes this.
  9. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    I read through the companion a few months back, are they referencing the possibility that the Yuuzhan Vong encountered the Sith on Kesh sometime during their early scouting missions?

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    No. The companion said that at one point the Vong were supposed to be "the source of the original Sith, the ones who gave the Sith their Dark Side powers." Do they mean the corruptors of the Hundred-Year Darkness Dark Jedi? The corruptors of the Sith species? The creators of the SIth species? A combination of the above three?

11. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    The Yuuzhan Vong were supposed to be exiled Sith originally, and Yuuzhan Vong shaping was Sith alchemy.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought that was just a Wookieepedia rumor.

13. MasterGhandalf

MasterGhandalf Jedi Master star 3

Oct 25, 2009
    Shaping is referred to as "alchemy" and Shapers as "alchemists" even in Vector Prime, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if that was true (of course, the Vong as a whole feel slightly off in VP compared to the later books in the series- another example being that Nom Anor's practice of "alchemy" is apparently essential to his future advancement there, where later books make it plain that his dabbling in Shaping is a barely tolerated, borderline-heretical eccentricity).

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree that it makes perfect sense for Shaping to have been intended to be alchemy at some point.

Anyway, I'm still fascinated by this concept of invaders who were the corruptors of the Red Sith and the Hundred-Year Darkness Exiles.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out)
    Is the intended Vong-Sith relation deserving of its own thread?

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm curious about the relation of the Sith to humans.

Maybe Vong, Sith, and Humans all come from a common root species, that was manipulated by the Rakata?

If the Vong were human-types brought to Sekot's parent by Rakata, rather than evolving there, that would explain why they are so similar.

17. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Celestials would make more sense than the Rakata IMO.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

No he just had a fancier website, though his Twi'lek argument is pretty hilarious if you think about it. ;)

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Could you explain how? I'm always up for a good laugh.

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah just no

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Saxton would have loved Alien Exodus.