main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong and the "Rogue Planet"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Ugabuga, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ugabuga

Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    Well just finished reading it some interesting info. Apparently the Vong tried to invade Zonama Sekot because they wanted all of the planets secrets....guess Shimmra and the higher ups realized there were some useful techniques and they had to have it to include in the cortex. I assume this was the beginning and possibly first reason Shimmra told the vong the their "gods" request them to invade and take over the gffa in time. Of course we know now that Shimmra needed to learn new techniques so it would appear that the "gods" speak to him, keeping his status in Vong society. As far as Vergere damn she has missed a lot going to find out about the "Far Outsiders", I hope she gets a big part eventually in the NJO teaching them some of the ways of the old jedi....lots of possibilities to explore! On a side note its interesting that she tells Anakin that the far outsiders knows nothing of the force, and the force knows nothing of them. This kind of blows the theory I have seen others come up with saying Vergere will teach the jedi about the "living force" so the Vong can be felt by the NJO. If she can't feel them with her skill as a jedi knight who learned the ways of the "living Force" then somehow Anakin Solo felt them by some other means.

2. Darth_Ugabuga

Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
  3. JediASolo

JediASolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    I think I posted something like this before...or maybe not...

oh well, either way, i agree with you...I read RP way before the NJO books, though, so it took me some time to realize there was any connection between the two 8-} . Vergere will be interesting...when the NJO is over(hopefully)we'll get to find out exactly how it all fits together....but I'm glad that the NJO looks like it'll connect prequel trilogy to the original trilogy and the EU...

4. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    Rogue Planet is so flawed you just ignore that book anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.