main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong conflict

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AirenCracken, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirenCracken

AirenCracken Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    I was just wondering if the course of battle changes in the course of the books. Right now i am reading Agents of Chaos II. I'm behind because i refused to read the NJO after hearing Chewie died for a long time. So far in the novels the NR ships have continually defeated the Vong ships in open space battle. I mean the NR lost at Ithor, but they had the Vong invasion fleet soundly defeated before the Vong released their biological weapons. I was just wondering if the Vong continue to use underhanded tricks to achieve victory.

2. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    the Vong still use the same tactics, but i don't recall anything really big deciet, except one...
    STAR BY STAR SPOILER and DARK JOURNEY

When they invade Coruscant, they use a shield of refugee ships to hide behind. Lest the NR fleet shoot through the ships, they can't attack the Vong. They do shoot through the ships and destroy them , but it is necessary becasue the shi[ps would have careemed into the planetary shield anyhow.

Also in later books the NR starts to catch on asnd use technology effectuively against the VOng. For example a Yammosk jammer is developed by Jedi scientists to black the yammosk and send the Vong into confusion. Also in DJ, Jaina ises some pretty clever tactics to change the gravimewtric signiture of VOng ships to they attck their own......

END SPOILER

Hope it helped. The books, i think, are good. Some are, of course, better tahn others, but overall i like the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.