main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong Jedi (& poss spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by gemking, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemking

gemking Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    So, I was in the bath this morning, day dreaming about various things when I suddenly thought how cool it would be to have a Vong jedi! As they have now supposedly given up their evil ways & returned to Zonama & the force, it is theoretically possible that a force sensitive Vong baby might be born....

This then brought me to thinking about the alleged pregnancy in DN2 & how it would be so cool if Tahiri was to have a Vong jedi baby with one of the warriors!! Or even Danni - a lot can happen in 5 years, maybe she'll have gotten over Jacen by now & shacked up with a Vong warrior.

Any thoughts?

2. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Wizards of the Coast actually came up with a gaming adventure that provided hints of a powerful Force-Sensitive Vong that was being trained by a mysterious Dark Jedi/Sith master. Some have theorized that this master is Lumiya, considering the fact that she apparently is to appear in the "Legacy era" novels.

3. gemking

May 24, 2005
    Oh right, I guessed that someone would probably have posted about this already at some point. I don't know much about the games - not really my thing. That does sound like a pretty cool idea though.

4. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005

Um...

I don't want to get into specifics (shudder) but I'm don't think humans and Yuuzhan Vong can breed. They're completely different species...the thought is rather disturbing.

5. gemking

May 24, 2005
    Obviously I don't know the ins & outs of it (excuse the pun) but as they are both humanoid species I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be compatible. Unless the Vongs lay eggs or something bizzare like that!!

6. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    From what I remember from Biology last year (admittedly, I've forgotten most of the course), divergent evolution can mean that althought a species shares a common ancestor, factors such as geographical isolation can lead to great differences in the species, such that they are considered separate when they can no longer interbreed.
    Do Vong give live birth?

7. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    For a force sensitive Jedi, the Vong would not have to breed with another species, I do not know if the gave birth to their younglings but now with Zomana a born Vong might be force sensitive once again and then only a Jedi or a Sith would be required to tring them. The thing would be if it would be a Sith or a jedi, since after 5 years a culture doesn't change that much so they would have given up on pain. And IMO that would set them into the drak side of the force.

For a Vong Jedi IMO a lot has to change in the Vong culture before they start acting as a more peaceful and no pain worshipers and that might take centuries

8. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    It really has nothing to do with anatomy, it's all about genetics. No matter how similar they may appear, they are completely different species from completely different galaxies. Humans and Vong might not even have the same number of cromosomes. So, while it may be possible for the phisical part to take place (and vong anatomy might even prevent that, we really have no clue how their plumbing works), I highly doubt that a child would come of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.