main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong Novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lincolnz, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lincolnz

lincolnz Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2005
    new here..lol

but I was browsing quickly through the boards...and just really kind of wondered if there are any stories for the Vong??

I mean..are there any real background for the Vong?

They seem to have this rich culture behind them...

The Rise Of Shimmara will seem like a nice novel...especially it is kinda political?

just a thought.

2. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Welcome, lincolnz!
    There's quite a bit of background imbedded in the NJO books, and there's a hint of the scandal that accompanied Shimmra's rise to power- but I don't think it would make a compelling novel. Vong gets mad, Vong mutilates self, Vong kills, Vong rises to power...Vong mutilates self again just for good measure...I must confess I got rather bored during the expository scenes in the NJO on Vong culture.
    But welcome to the boards!

3. Astral_Bug

Astral_Bug Jedi Master star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    Nah, there's no Vong novel out there or planned one either as far a I know.

I agree, the culture is rather intriguing(sp?), what with all the casts and their history in another galaxy (I'm still not sure if it's not the same galaxy and they just somehow got all their history wrong [face_thinking] ), and it would be nice to have more just about the YVong and their wars with other species+ inside political battles (Luceno could do it).

Some, or better yet, mayority of readers doesn't like them very much; probably because of their SDM treatment and self-mutilation practices..., so I guess there won't be any books on them soon, if ever.(maybe some fan-fiction)

You can, however get some info on YVong at www.njoe.com site.

PS: Welcome to the Boards [:D]
    PS1: It's Yuzhaan(sp?) Vong, not just Vong.

4. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005

The characters call them Vong or 'scarheads' but to the Yuuzhan Vong, calling the species 'Vong' is extremely rude (according to Tahiri). I just do it because it's easier to type ;)

5. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    It would be a good idea to at least to have a story about the culture to at least give it more dimension. Give it a reason why Shimmra/Onimi are always two faced about their gods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.