main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong Slayers and the Force: Vergere's Mystery, Errors and Redemption (Theory)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I posted this in another topic but it deserves its own topic:

and the Slayers as Jedi clone projects? cool idea.. but what about the following option: Vergere's biggest wrong was: she wanted to free the shamed ones, so she trained onimi and brought him close to shimra.. but the shamed ones did not want harmonic life after all, they want revenge and oppression with them on top (see weird behaviour in Dark Nest beginning for proof!), so vergere trained onimi but he betrayed her. then he trained other vong in the force like vergere had him trained. this became the slayers, as protection against former master vergere who he reduced to pet status and watched closely. he needed her knowledge and her expertise, f.e. in turning the solo kids, but she was wise enough to see that and turn jacen against onimi, preparing him for the final revenge / redemption of vergere's biggest error that brought about the vong invasion because shimra without onimi would have been different, more careful, maybe not invading because of the rumours about zonama sekot.

thoughts? legacy will reveal vergeres past and mystery, remember? makes sense?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The "mystery" is that she was Palpatine's apprentice post-TPM and pre-Dooku.

I mean, duh! :p

3. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    oh.. you mean the time where Palpatine still was good and noble before Sidious replaced him with an evil clone body sidious spirit captured? :p

well.. thx for boosting this topic to first page ;)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My pleasure. ;)

I am just as eager to have the "mystery" explained (hopefully in excruciating detail without ambiguity) so we can know exctly what happened and everyone can just STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT and admit that I was correct all along.

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I, for one, also wish the "mystery" would be solved so that we can all realize how Darth Chicken was insane.:p

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    uhm.. even from insanity can come good things... anyone read V for Vendetta comic? or seen the movie? this guy is insane but tortures like Vergere and still fights for good. well weird and insane, but nevertheless good motives. reminded me of Chicken.

well, but lets not fight in here. discuss my idea please^^ I,too want to know en detail what´s up with the chicken and the egg, uhm Jacen.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Fair enough :p

I rather like dp's proposal that she was Palpatine's apprentice. Everything she believes just smacks of Sith mantra.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But comparing an Alan Moore dystopia (and the movie version Moore has disavowed, like most Hollywood adaptations of his works) is an entirely different subset of morality than the GFFA.

For one: it's Earth which means it's subject to Earth laws of morality and physics.
    For two: Palpatine can be in no way compared to Maggie Thatcher (the original subject of V for Vendetta for the most part).

The ideas presented within can be *marginally* likened to that of the Rebellion, in the sense of rebelling against the totalitarian state that existed at the time, but in Lucas' world the Rebellion would not have condoned the same types of things that V may have in order to accomplish the goal.

9. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    And just when I thought that this was dying down.. LotF has to come and stir it all up again.. sigh..

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    For two: Palpatine can be in no way compared to Maggie Thatcher (the original subject of V for Vendetta for the most part).

Yes, I agree. Palpatine was a much nicer person than Baroness Thatcher is.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Please.

It's these types of statements which make me wonder about some of you. :p

12. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    well.. V is like Vergere if it comes to torturing people to make them understand his point and see things like he does. his apprentice. but in methodics he is like Kyle Katarn... blasting his way through hell, though with little bit more anzatlike shadowy coolness.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Riiiiiiiiiight, but in LUCAS' world, that makes her EVIL, much as it would make V evil.

Different set of judgments.

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    right, though, the EU is not Lucas world like the movies are. he has control, but the EU has more freedom and takes new turns like ambivalent things and moral relativism. if it is main course or not, it is one of many things the EU portrayed. so it is possible! but that does not have to mean it will be the new main course. we will wait and see^^

15. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Does anyone know if Palpatine mentioned Vergere or was around when she was mentioned during Outbound Flight? It doesn't mean anything if he didn't react but did he bring up the subject or appear to try to manipulate discussion in any way?

I think she was hanging out with the OutSith...

-The Rebel Gungan

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Thatcher looked genuine in that Bond movie. "Give us a kiss, give us a kiss!" squawked the parrot.

17. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow, either you posted that by mistake or you are getting even more cryptic...

-The Rebel Gungan

18. Jedi_Earnhardt

Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2006
    She was pretty hot also!

19. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
  20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

She was at the end of For Your Eyes Only. Preoccupied with Carol Bouquet, Bond put Thatcher onto to his parrot, who started squawking lewdness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.