main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vong weaponry vs. Quantum Armor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by UCLAJediMaster, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    well the board is kind of dead right now... and i am stuck at work and bored out of my mind...

i was just wondering if any knew or could speculate how quantum armor would stand up against the vong plasma?

also on a similar note... does anyone know why the new republic hasn't utilized quantum armor more? aside from the obvious reasons of rarity and cost...

you would think that they could have at least assembled one or two wings of souped up E-wings or X-wings with quantum armor to go womp on some Vong corral.

2. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Good point. If they haven't they should!
    I think the Vong weapons would be repelled all the same.

bterrik

3. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I guess all the knowledge about making quantum armor was in the computers of the Gorgo (Daala's Star Destroyer), unaccessible due to damages and/or code protected. When the Gorgo was sold for scrap it fell into the hands of the CSA. A few years later it got deciphered by Dash Rendar's son Nosur, who recently got promoted to be the youngest admiral of the CSA.

To be continued ...

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Good point, UCLAJM. maybe the NR is too busy to get quantum armor... it is very rare, you know.

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Daala's Star Destroyer was the Gorgon. You left the "n" off of the end.

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "I guess all the knowledge about making quantum armor was in the computers of the Gorgo (Daala's Star Destroyer), unaccessible due to damages and/or code protected. When the Gorgo was sold for scrap it fell into the hands of the CSA. A few years later it got deciphered by Dash Rendar's son Nosur, who recently got promoted to be the youngest admiral of the CSA."

Hum... Source ?

And Quantum Armor was re-invented by Qwi Xux. (Ruin) But she'll never give out its secrets, since she knows it would be used for warfare, and she doesn't want that.

7. BobaFett141

BobaFett141 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2001
    What the hey is quantam armor? Its sounds like something from that other unmentionable SCI-FI epic which also starts with the word star.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Quantum-crystalline armor
    the type of armor used to shield the Sun Crusher, it is made from layering just a few densely-stacked atoms on top of another layer that is phase-shifted. It is nearly indestructible.

9. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    But the Shadow Chaser (YJK)was a quantum armored ship that Luke "aquired" for the Jedi Academy while resucing the twins! And I really doubt that was destroyed :D . So they still have access to the tech.

USE IT!

10. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    It's all about the quantum foam.

11. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Forgive me, but what the hell is quantum armor? Sounds like something Voyager would do.

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    Quantum-crystalline armor
    the type of armor used to shield the Sun Crusher, it is made from layering just a few densely-stacked atoms on top of another layer that is phase-shifted. It is nearly indestructible.
    -------------------------

Silly me. It's a KJA invention, no wonder I ignored it.

13. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm holding up quite well against the vong. A little rust in my hindquarters but I'm practically perfect everywhere else. I'm afraid the nr won't ever use it, that would be too smart a move for them. Not to mention the fact that no bothans died making it, that seriously negates its value in Lord Borsk's eyes.

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, we know that the only way to destroy the Sun Crusher was to send it into a black hole. It seems that the gravitational forces of a block hole are the only means of destroying quantum armor. So dovin basals might pose a serious threat. More over, there is that "volcano" weapon there. The main weapon of their ships and coral skippers, as we well know, spits out molten rock that seems to eat away at a ship's armor. It's possible that quantum armor might not survive either, though it would probably take longer to destroy quantum armor with this weapon than any other type of armor. Then again, quantum armor might well stand uyp to this weapon.

15. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    knight,,

i thought that they sent it into the black hole so that is was unsalvagable (sp?). i thought i wouldnt be destroyed but rather in a place where no one could access it.

also what the heck happened to the ship from the jedi academy??? they could just ram the vongs with it over and over.

16. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    The ship in YJK has a Quantum-crystalline coating i think. Not full Quantum armor. So it wouldn't be nearly as strong as the suncrusher.

17. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    what about the things on the Automadons? The energy eating ones, that were really good against lasers and heat but were destroyed by claws and brutality. its still in the factories right?

18. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Automatons? You mean the NR's right? Like in Ruin?

Smashed to rubble by Shedao Shai and his troop of warriors, with hand weapons.

19. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    what the heck are you two talking about? i dont know anything about automatons.. which books are those in?

20. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    the comic book, when the Empire comes back in a cloned body. Lando & co. steal some Atomadons [named with the D] from Bestan or something and these have armor that absorbs heat and energy and turnes it into power. wouldn't that kick some Vong anus?

21. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    Why can't the jedi use a weapon like in Dragonball z? and fire a big destructo beam or super beam cannon that will annihilate a vong ship?

22. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    There's a difference between what Shedao Shai's guys smashed and Viper Automadons that Lando and his guys stole.

Shadao Shai and the Yuuzhan Vong were in a building, so what they destroyed were far smaller than the Vipers. The Vipers are about the size of Rancors or the "Dark-Side Beasts" and their weapons could only absorb energy.

And what the New Republic really needs is a little thing called "Wing Zero". *laughs*

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm a bit of a Gundam nut.

TIE Defenders would save the universe! Borsk should use them!

23. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    Borsk is too much of a loser! Tie Defenders RULE!! i wish there were some kinda mech or gundam in EU!

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    They thought plunging it into the heart of Yavin would make it unsalvageable, and yet that was proven incorrect. The gravitational forces of the black hole would have been even stronger than the armor.

25. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    *chuckles*

Can you imagine Luke Skywalker trying to use a Kamehameha? It's funny.

I say "Get a freakin' TIE Defender squadron together and the Yuuzhan Vong'll run quicker than a starving cheetah!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.