main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL VOTC NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by codemaker, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Looks like Hasbro is gonna be remaking all 96 vintage figures from 77-85 in VOTC form next year. This is gonna be awesome!!! I'd like to see them make a Blue Snaggletooth also.

2. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Link.

NOW.

onward :)

3. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4517&zoneid=2

4. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh, I just hope not. The 'VOTC' figs 6 months ago cost $10 retail price. If they made 92x of them... that doesnt bode well for me being a completist - especially since i plan on purchasing all of the originals MOC in the not-too-distant future anyway...

Onward.

5. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    I def. plan on getting the 85 POTF re-makes. The rest of em, well, we shall see.

6. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    yeah, i could understand that. The last 17 and all, but the rest? i just dunno. Definatly the desert scene boba fett, but as you said

"we shall see"

onward.

EDIT: If they put coins in the POTF remakes, I'll be forced to buy em :p

7. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Yep, the coins would be nice, Jace. I'd like to see the POTF's be almost identical to the 85's as far as the paint jobs go.

8. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    I have mixed feelings about this actually. I made up my mind a while back that I would never have an entire set of vintage carded figures. For this reason I started collecting them loose, as for weapons, I dont mind getting repros, since all my figures are loose anyway, Im the only one who knows the difference.
    Re-issues are exciting, but how much will they cost? And will I be able to stay away from them? The bright side is that the loose vintages I collect from various sources may go down in price with this re-issue.
    My 2 cents.
    Later

9. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah, these remakes will drive down the price for sure, which will be good and bad. Good for me (to buy them cheaper) Bad for collectors who paid more for them.

onward

10. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Not necessarily. If anything it could drive up the price of the vintage figures. U just can't be too sure these days what's gonna happen. Hey, if it's old and not readily available, it should hold it's value and steadily climb up in price.

11. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Guys take a look at this picture i found. I enlarged it and threw it on my site:

http://www.weeklywow.com/votc2.htm

the future of figure collecting?

onward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.