main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST VOTE: Could there be a spoiler spoilery enough that you'd leave 7SA to avoid seeing it?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ichthyocentaur, Apr 30, 2014.

?

Tell me, you rebel scum!

1. I already know too much! Help!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. If a list matching actors to their characters leaked, I'd leave.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. If a complete list of settings leaked, I'd leave.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. If a partial plot synopsis leaked, I'd leave.

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. If a twist ending was leaked, I'd leave.

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  6. If a full plot synopsis leaked, I'd leave.

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. If the complete script of Episode VII leaked, I'd leave.

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. If an Abrams/Kasdan/Lucas-penned outline for the entire ST leaked, I'd leave.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. If the complete scripts for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX leaked, I'd leave.

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Nothing! I want to know as much as I possibly can about Episode VII and its sequels!

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Lies, we did not authorize this.

Ichthyocentaur likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm here to seperate myself from the EU so I can get over any whinny stuff I may otherwise do now and enjoy VII for what it will be. So odds are I'll be here till close to the end at the very least, if not to the very end. I realize I might get really spoiled, but its the cost of me letting go of my attachment to the EU so it must be done.

I overloaded myself on spoilers for episode I but not nearly as much for II and III, guess we'll see if I repeat that or not with the sequels. As to the spinoffs I'm insanely curious of where they'll take them, so odds are I'll be all over those spoilers.

3. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I want a title and a short plot description. And character names. Then I'll go to 7NSA.

4. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I wouldn't read the script if it leaked. That's a bit too much.

To be perfectly honest, I just can't judge how much actual spoilers will we get. They seem to be running a quite tight ship.

5. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'm actually really conflicted. I was full-on spoiled for AOTC and left the theater feeling a bit empty. I was spoiler-free (watched the trailers and everything, but that's it) for ROTS and left the theater feeling like I immediately needed to watch it again to really grasp everything. I want a happy middle ground.

6. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I'm not going to be taking any extreme measures to avoid spoilers. I don't really trust movies to give me a great ending worth waiting for. Too many times, I've gone into a movie like Inception or Cloverfield having no idea how it will end, only to leave feeling like I've been told "We don't know. Think something up yourself."

The only thing I will say is that I don't like to watch the clips some studios release online. Trailers are fine, but I prefer to go into a movie having not seen any of the actual footage. Too distracting when the clip you've seen comes on; I want to watch it for the first time all at once.

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I was quite the opposite. Not too spoiled and disappointed for AOTC... spoiled to hell and back for ROTS and loved every minute of it.

J_Girl and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Once the chinese pirates get ahold of a bootlegged copy of the movie, which I reckon will be any day now, I'm outta here!

9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I would sit next to J.J. every day until opening day if I could.

J_Girl likes this.
  10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I wasn't spoiled at all for TPM... I was still a very casual fan at the time it came out and only had whatever advertising I ran across to get information from. Basic stuff like magazine articles and the trailer, which I didn't see enough times to really process. So basically I knew who a few of the characters were and that was it. I have to say it was the best time I've ever had watching a movie in the theater, and I would love to have another experience like that one. It really is what made me the fan I am today. After that, I got deep into spoiler territory for the next two, and I tend to look back more fondly at the period leading up to those movies than the first experience of actually seeing them on screen. And that's ok too. The truth is, I'd love to follow the same pattern on this one, but I'm too entrenched at the moment and really I'm kind of nervous about how this whole thing will turn out, so I need to learn as much as I can going into this movie so that I have some idea what to expect from it. What might be cool (or possibly inevitable since there's every chance I could get burnt out before then) is if I could reverse the pattern this time and just go into the last movie of the trilogy spoiler-free. That's the one that matters most anyway, from a story perspective.

StoneRiver likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm planning a full Spoiler Forum retreat come teaser trailer time. Already got my Rita Hayworth poster up on the wall to hide my escape tunnel and everything.

12. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I don't want to see Luke die at all, matter of fact! lol But I know that he eventually will

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    In my experience as a spoiler junkie, no set of spoilers has ever ruined a movie for me. For some reason, things always play out better in the film than in the spoilers that I have taken in. Sometimes spoilers even help me understand things better when it comes to things that can be defined differently by the individual watching it.

If I read a spoiler that tells me that Luke, Han and Leia all die in a freak speeder accident in the middle of the movie, even knowing that won't hurt an ounce of seeing it after the fact.

StoneRiver likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    There isn't a spoiler that would make me leave or defect over to the 7NSA, but some of the spoilers up in that list I would try to avoid. *ahem* twist *ahem*

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.