main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Vote for Aphra

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Apr 28, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    CooperTFN likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I voted for Sim Aloo because... well, you guys know.

But I'd encourage people to vote for Aphra all the same. Traditionally I would like the book/comic figure to win every time.

revan772 and vncredleader like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Already done and she's in the lead!

4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    The comment section is definitely an entertaining read through because the people running the polls excluded Ben Skywalker since he was the one the Legends groups were campaigning for this year.

BobaMatt and revan772 like this.
  5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Ashoka is running a close second. :)

DelRiego likes this.
  6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    They will likely make an additional Ahsoka figure no matter what happens in these polls. It would likely be a toss up on rather Aphra would get made if she doesn't win the poll (at least right away). If she stays around for ten more years and goes into novels than of course she would get made but as of right now not sure she would be a strong candidate to get in regardless.

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Where the heck is the Ania Solo option, already?

8. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Voted for Aphra. I can't believe she is only 1% behind Ahsoka! I want both honestly.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Behind? Aphra was leading the poll from the start. That's unfortunate.

vncredleader and Darth Dnej like this.
  10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Ahsoka appears to have people pushing for her as well.

11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm afraid that characters from Legends comics are not that well known to make it among the final choices in polls like this. We might get a shot at an Ania and so many more character figures if the Comic Pack line is revived. I've been waiting for Zayne Carrick&Marn Hierogryph and Dass Jennir&Bomo Greenbark duo packs since 2006!

12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I really wish these polls would only be for characters who have never had a vintage collection figure or even a figure recently. TCW Ahsoka had a vintage collection figure and she just had a black series rebels figure. It is unfair to characters like Aphra who outside of this really have no chance of getting figures. I still don't get why characters like Ahsoka and Palps are on the list

13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Actually Ben Skywalker received enough votes to get in (as he is the one those legends groups are pushing for this year). However with all the controversy of them cheating last year with Jaina he was thrown out of the competition.

vncredleader because they are very sellable characters. Lots of people would see an Ahsoka or Emperor/Palpatine figure and instantly want to buy them. Not so much with the strictly book/comic characters.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Ben Skywalker, Jaina&Jacen Solo and some other Legends characters are far better known than Zayne, Bomo and Ania. When it comes to Legends characters from the DH comics that are as well known as say Jaina Solo, I'd say Darth Talon, Quinlan Vos, Kir Kanos and a handful of others are the closest.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Just imagine a reality where somehow Waru won the Fan's Choice poll.

Imagine being at Hasbro and having to actually design and create the figure.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *makes a note for next year*

17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Aphra and Ahsoka are both tied at 28%. Imagine Ahsoka will pull away though since she is a much more well known character than Aphra. Good chance though they will make an Aphra one as well though if she continues to get a lot of votes.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd rather get a 6 inch Aphra because those are awesome, but I'm told that the new Vintage Collection figures are going to be higher quality than the shoddy 5POA 3.75 inch figures they've made lately. So that's good.

The 3.75 figures used to be pretty good -- I have a ton of the EU figures they made at that size in the previous Vintage Collection.

vncredleader likes this.
  19. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am happy yet scared. Ahsoka is my favourite character but.... I really want Aphra. I have been campaigning for her all year. Now what are the chances they both get their figures made? I really hope they both get figures.

I am sad Ben did not make the cut.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm surprised they havn't brought Sloane into any of these fan votes yet. Perhaps it is because (while she has been a very well received character) most of her development took place in the Aftermath series and that in general wasn't so well received overall.

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hasbro already make Play-Doh, dummy.

Kylun and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    Honestly if they make an Ahsoka figure over an Aphra figure, it will feel like Aphra is being negelected like the Expanded Universe characters of old. True we had figures of some of the EU cast, but from a marketing stand point Hasbro wouldn't see much profit from making a character that exists only in the comics which not a lot of kids read compared to the more profitable Ahsoka.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I agree many, many more people would be familiar with Ahsoka over Aphra -- but at the same time, I suspect many more people are reading the Star Wars comics now that Marvel owns it and Marvel comicbooks are having a major second wind thanks to their superhero films.

vncredleader likes this.
  24. Vote for Jacen Solo please

25. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Voted Ben Skywalker initially cause fanvote is sadly the only chance to get any Legends stuff, but Dr Aphra was my 2nd choice! Glad she got to the final round. I guess even if she doesn't win, we'll get a figure of her soon enough. (And then 000, plz!)