main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Vote for Aphra

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Apr 28, 2017.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I heard the Ruusans were giving support to Cerea.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol. I dare you to post that comment on a certain movements page. They're going crazy enough as it is already just because their guy wasn't in the final standings. Who knows what they would say to someone who tried to call Aphra a victory for the EU.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    "Who's Aphra?"

Daneira likes this.
  4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Let's not dredge up the canon wars again

Karl0413 and vncredleader like this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm very critical of the NuCanon but I can't deny that the Darth Vader comics are awesome. So yeah, I'm happy to see an Aphra figure.

vncredleader likes this.
  6. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Really happy to see she won. One of my favorite characters from the new canon.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    How do we know she won; the results aren't announced until tomorrow. (I hope you're right; she's a favorite of mine, too.)

8. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

She was 10% points ahead with only a couple hours left in the poll. Unless some serious planning went into running up Ahsoka's score at the end than Aphra probably won.

9. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Okay, that makes sense. Hope you're right.

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  11. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    "And Aphra has won."

Excellent. I'm just happy Doctor Aphra's blood's doodling in the margins of a story worth telling.

Not a figure collector, but I'll definitely get this one.

MercenaryAce and HeatherAntos like this.
  12. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    My unsolicited advice to the designers of the new figure- seek influence from the anime style on the Doctor Aphra covers by Kamome Shirahama and avoid the more severe look and angles of the "Vader Down" and "Rebel Jail" Aphra.

WebLurker and HeatherAntos like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The cool thing about the SW.com article pointing to the Aphra action figure variant cover is that this is a Vintage Collection figure poll, so the final Aphra figure box may well even up looking very similar to that comic cover.

Hell, I'd suggest Hasbro straight up use that art if they're able to.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 and WebLurker like this.
  14. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    ^The boy lacks patience.

WebLurker likes this.
  15. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Very cool! I'm glad that Aphra has been experiencing a lot of popularity; hopefully it will encourage Lucasfilm to make more comic series centered around characters not from the movies.

16. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    My vote would be to base it of the actual interior artwork by Salvador Larroca in the early Darth Vader issues (specifically numbers 3 and 4 -- found the Volume 1: Vader trade paperback). At least, that's what I picture when I visualize the character. Although, I will say that, between the covers I've seen from the Aphra series and the Rebel Jail artwork, I prefer the former, too. Hope they use the rectangular-lensed goggles over the round ones, though.

I guess the only question now is, when does the toy actually hit stands?

Jedha John and vncredleader like this.
  17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Looks like Star Wars.com needs to do a little more editing in the articles they make. They said Dr. Aphra's character was introduced in 2016. Nope it was 2015.

WebLurker I think the Jaina figure that won last year is still yet to be released. So it will likely be awhile.

All I know is that it is going to be a pain to paint that arm tattoo accurately on a three inch figure.

18. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Makes sense.

Maybe they won't put the tattoo on or give her long sleeves (in her first appearance, she was wearing a long-sleeved jacket)?

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If it follows the usual pattern, they'll announce her design early next year with a figure release around fall 2018.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

20. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    It's great that Aphra won, but I'd like a 6-inch figure of her too.

WebLurker likes this.
  21. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Seconded. Maybe they will sometime down the road. If they'll do it for Legends characters, a canon character is quite plausible.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The last two Fans Choice polls were for Black Series 6 inch, it's just timing that this one ends up being a 3.75 inch. But my understanding is that these are supposed to be up to the quality level of the old Vintage Collection from a few years ago. So it should at least be a good likeness of Aphra.

But I agree, a Black Series 6 inch would've been better. Those are the top-end figures and I just really like to see book/comic characters getting that treatment. But while it seems really astonishing that Aphra is getting a figure at all... I mean, she IS popular. I wouldn't say a 6 inch is out of the question.

If the character and comic sticks around, I could see it happening. We can hope, anyway.

23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I really do think that their longterm plans for her are to bring her into the regular series as a main character.

24. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Personally, I want her to show up in Rebels last season. :D

25. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Be cool. However since most all of next season will be about the Mandalorian war and Rebel vs Empire battles there probably isn't room for an archaeologist stealing priceless artifacts episode.