main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Vote for Aphra

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Maybe the next show. Her and Lor San Tekka can fight over artifacts.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "....ooh that's a pretty darksaber, mind if I take it?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Unrelated, but where do I buy these? I really want that Jaina figure...

4. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I kinda think it'd be fun to see her in a movie. Possibly type casting, but I think Chloe Bennet (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) would be a good casting choice if LucasFilm went that route; she's a good likeness to the comics and can play the irreverent character who's smarter than the come across pretty well (at any rate, I tend to "hear" Bennet as Aphra when I read).

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jaina won't be out until the Fall at the earliest -- I heard conflicting information from Hasbro (September/November/early 2018). She's not retailer exclusive.

Aphra definitely won't be out until 2018. They'll announce her figure design sometime early to middle of next year, if this follows the usual pattern.

6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    So I can just go to Target or whatever? I don't have to buy it online?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know that I've ever seen Fan's Choice figures in the wild and they seem to sell out exceedingly quickly, so I'd advise not going to a physical store for it. Especially since there's no telling if Target will even stock the figure, or just fill their shelves with a bunch of Zuvios.

If you want a Fan's Choice figure, I'd advise buying it online as soon as it's out. Don't need to buy from a price-gouging scalper, but don't rely on your local store.

8. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Yeah, one just needs to look at the prices Black Series Darth Revan is going for on the secondary market to get an idea of how much Jaina will end up going for.

Basically, if you want any character that isn't clogging the pegs like Zuvio, track one down immediately. I expect the scalpers to leap on Black Series Hera and Thrawn as well.

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's amazing - well, okay, only sorta amazing - how many Zuvios there still were on the aisles last time I went to a Target.