main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Vote if you want to see more skywalkers

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Gerdschroder, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Should Luke have a son in Episode 7?

1. No, Leia's kids are sufficient to carry on the Skywalker Legacy.

21.1%
  2. Yes, make the trilogy about him.

43.3%
  3. If the movie is good I don't care.

33.3%
  4. Yes, make him a minor character but keep the door open to revisit the skywalkers in future stories.

18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerdschroder

Gerdschroder Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    As I previously accidentally merged this poll with another thread (also realted to this poll. check it out if you are interested: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/should-the-male-skywalker-line-ever-die-out.50023586/ )since it was my first time posting here is my second attempt. I want to find out what most of you think. Did you have enough of the Skywalkers by now? You can't get enough of them and Disney should keep them coming? Or do you think Luke should have sons but you need a break and they should just be minor players in this trilogy and only be introduced so we can revisit the Skywalkers in Stories that take place at a later date?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I voted "Yes, make the trilogy about him." But that's really a reflection of my long-held desire -- carried over from my love of the EU Luke/Ben, father/son relationship -- to see a film story centered on Luke and his boy.

But the truth is, even if that kid is a secondary or tertiary lead, as long as Luke's son exists (and preferably contributes something of quality and substance to the story), then I'll count myself fortunate and quite happy, indeed.

3. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    The Star Wars "episodes" movies is The Skywalker Saga.

Ryus, Death_Jar_Jar, Abadacus and 6 others like this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Gotta have a Skywalker relative and they've got to be a main character in the big episodes!

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Why can't Luke have a daughter? That's how I would have voted.

Maybe in Star Wars the daughters can pass their name down to their children. Why not?

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said before, the name is a big part of any legacy... As much as Leia and Han's kids will have the Skywalker bloodline, they'll carry on the Solo name, not the Skywalker.

7. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    If the main character isn't a Skywalker through Luke or a Skywalker through Leia (with Han, not some random dude we've never met yet, please), then this isn't the seventh episode of anything, because it's supposed to be Ep VII of the part of Star Wars that's the Skywalker Saga.

starocean90 and Jobertus like this.
  8. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    What about some unheard-of relative poppin up?

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  9. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The main protagonist of the ST should be from the Skywalker bloodline, preferably from Luke, but more likely than not from Leia/Han. I echo most of the sentiments thus far intimated in this thread. Personally I'd like Luke to have a son, but will be more than happy with any off-spring for either of the Skywalker twins.

Moonshield, EviL_eLF and starocean90 like this.
  10. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Exactly. To dismiss that possibility means the OP should have just gone ahead and made the title "Vote if you want to see more male Skywalkers" because that is all some folks care about when you get right down to it.

CrazyOldJedi, Valairy Scot and Dra--- like this.
  11. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'd love to see a secret love child of Shmi and Watto show up one day all "Ayyy how ya doinnn? It's a me, Shmitstocker Skywalker...I'm here to rescue you, cuz."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    We're clinging to the familiar - what came before. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually expanded beyond the Skywalker-only legacy paradigm, whether this new character would be related to them or not.

I wonder what influence JJ had in this area vs. Arndt and the others.

13. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    If there is no male female/male Skywalker in the ST.... then its just a regular sequal and not part of the Skywalker Saga. Doubt Lucas would allow Disney to make "just a sequel" for the heck of it.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Lucas has no say anymore at this point.

Dewback likes this.
  15. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    At this point, I doubt there would be a skywalker son.

Dewback likes this.
  16. makingstarwarsisafraud

makingstarwarsisafraud Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2014
    Its still his outline though

17. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Regarding Anakin, he got the Skywalker name from his mother.

18. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    That's true, but I doubt they are going to move away from a winning formula. All of the movies - despite critical reaction - are well-known and made a ton of money. And the entire purpose of the PT was to see the story of a Skywalker. I think the family is too involved in the series to not be featured. They're going to want a Skywalker in all of the "important" movies, at least for nostalgia/fanservice reasons. Those are wonderful ways to get someone to buy something.

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Force Smuggler and starocean90 like this.
  20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    we will find in VII that Luke has 12 children and they help him run his moisture farm.:p

21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think it's necessary to have Skywalker children to have the ST be a real sequel. We have Luke and Leia after all.

Still, I'd be surprised if there's no Skywalker child. Skywalker is such an iconic name you'd think Lucas and Disney would both understand the marketing and narrative potential behind it.

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but at the same time why call it Episode VII which means its still part of the Skywalker Saga and not Star Wars something Episode I if there is no Skywalker children.

deathraygun likes this.
  23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think there will be a Skywalker child. It's entirely possible that the Skywalker child will be born a Solo and choose to take the Skywalker name to honor their grandfather. Of course Han will probably not react well to this, but this could add to the tension between him and Leia as well as between him and Luke.

starocean90 likes this.
  24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I always found this idea of a kid taking their grandparents's name strange.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    If Luke and Leia are in all three films of the ST, then isn't that potentially enough? I'm sure Luke would have a decent enough role for it to be considered part of the Skywalker saga.

But I'm sure there will be a new Skywalker. Disney won't want to market a Solo who's convolutedly calling themselves a Skywalker. They'll want to market a Skywalker born with that name.

Of course, if Leia and Han never married, maybe she ends up taking the Skywalker name?

starocean90 and plaidphoenix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.