main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx VOTE! New Location for Monthly Meetings!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Jun 23, 2002.

?

VOTE! New Location for Monthly Meetings!!!

Poll closed Jul 14, 2002.
  1. Atomic Comics Mesa (East Side)

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Gamers Edge (East Side)

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. PeterPiper Chandler (East Side) *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Atomic Comics Metrocenter (West Side) *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Borders Bookstore Arrowhead (West Side) *

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. PeterPiper Pizza Arrowhead (West Side) *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rotate Between East and West Monthly

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  2. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    ok guys, here are some location choices for the monthly meetings.

NOTE: the selections with a star (*) behind them are UNCONFIRMED locations, meaning that the only two locations that we KNOW we are welcome at are Atomic Comics Mesa and Gamers Edge...if any one of these unconfirmed locations is voted as preferred, they will be contacted and we will then ask if we can hold are meetings there.

if you choose "rotate between east and west monthly", please post to say which east/west location you would prefer, or if you choose "other", please post to say what other location you would like to consider...

3. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    I voted for rotating between the East and West sides of the Valley. For the East Valley, either Atomic Comics or Gamer's Edge would be cool. I haven't seen the new Atomic store, nor have I been to Gamer's Edge (though the latter is convenient to where I work in downtown Mesa).
    Borders at Arrowhead would be very cool for the potential West Valley meetings. And, for me, it's very convenient to where I live.
    May the Force be with us all in this vote.

4. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I voted to rotate between the east and west sides. It's not really fair to make the same people always have to travel all the way across town if we can take turns. (I live on the east side, so I'm not just some bitter west-sider. :D) Atomic Comics is closer to me, but if Gamers Edge would be better, that's cool with me. (I haven't been there yet, or to the new Atomic either, for that matter). I am not familiar enough with the west side to pick a location there, but whatever works for the most people is good for me. (I love democracy. :D)

5. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I talked to Bill and Katrina about the new Atomic Mesa store. Their new place will easily have a space the same size that we are using now and have the TV set up in a similar fashion.

6. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I would love to make the meetings, but it is hard on weekends. Is there anyway that they can be held on a weekday? I know most will say no, but I thought that I would ask.

Thanks

And I live in the middle, so east or west is ok.

7. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    unfortunatly CaptHowdy_00, the majority of us have work/school during the weekdays.
    weekends offer the best opprotunity for most members to attend...
    sorry! :(

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I voted for alternating. Being so new to the valley, I don't have a huge preference.

9. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    hmmm...
    seeems were pretty close right now between staying at atomic mesa and alternating east/west...
    only more votes will tell...

10. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Well I think we pinned down the east valley meeting area. I think alternating is only fair, so we need a good west valley. Atomic Comics Metro isn't set up for it though. Any ideas on a good place for it on the west side ?

11. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    Borders at Arrowhead is spacious.
    Also, didn't a new comics shop open up out on the West side very recently? I forget the name at the moment.

12. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Based on current votes, it looks like it'll be between the Atomic Mesa and Gamer's Edge locations.

Might I suggest that we have our next meeting at one of them, and the following metting at the other, so we can make an intelligent decision? We could then vote on our new location at the end of the second meeting.

Just my 2 credits...

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    UPDATE on Atomic Comics,

As of today, it looks like they might not be moving until september.

14. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Are socks able to vote too?

One vote per person, right?

15. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm sure it's on the honor system. This isn't exactly an RSA certified setup.

16. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
  17. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    BTW, I checked out the new Gamer's Edge store the other day - it's HUGE!! It would be a great place for us to have a meeting at. I'm all for it.

Oh yeah, I voted for rotating between east and west. Since I'm now familiar with the Arrowhead mall area (and Moe's house, of course), I have no problem driving out there. :)

18. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, it's looking more and more like we are going to stay at atomic comics mesa for at least the next meeting on the 13th...

i will have a set place for the meeting on july 13th set by this sunday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.