main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Vote No on Order 66'- a political commercial parody

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    DONE!!!!!! I-) No more footage needed for Order 66!

Well...sort of. When I returned from my morning shoot at the local college (GREAT scenery for Jedi temple-ish shots!) my sister said she still wants to be in it...so I have no clue what's going on. :confused: Do I have Jedi or don't I?

Anyway, it went fairly well. I got two scenes shot, plus a few nutty 'practice' shots just for fun. Only a few lookie-loos, and they were respectful. Sorry, no pics to show. I'll try and capture some from the camera later.

It was way warmer than I thought it would be so I just about boiled in those Jedi robes. Thank goodness I got it all done before 9:30 AM; and I didn't have to do any fight scenes.

Now I just need to finish the editing, and this nigthmare will be over. 8-}

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Due to production issues, the release date for Order 66 has been pushed back to Dec 23. :_|

3. DaMaher

DaMaher Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    still don't need any roto help ;) jk
    sorry to hear about it.

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Nah, roto work is post. What I need to do is film!

And now my entire crew has a cold, so that won't help. :(

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Due to family issues, the release of Order 66 has been suspended until further notice.:_|

6. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    That's sad news.

I hate DRL.

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    'Another One Bites the Dust'

My compositor's computer crashed. He lost ALL his work. :_|

I never heard back from one of mt actors (one I need in the final frame), so Order 66 has officially died...another tombstone of a fanfilm amid a thousand others.

8. DaMaher

Jul 6, 2008
    :(
    don't give up. you've already spent so much time and money in this project, just get a new compositor and get a friend to play the part you need.

9. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    First off ... why was this guy not backing up his files ... second off ... just dust yourself off and try again.

10. kuatengineer

kuatengineer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 3, 2008
    Agreed. Not to sound too cliche', but you had an idea for something, and you put a lot of hard work into getting it to come to life. Just take a step back and remember what drove you to go through with it.

And tell the dude to get a back up drive!

Stay strong, stick with it.

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Well, DRL has been picking on my compositor too (family issues and such) so I can't blame him for forgetting. I forget to back things up, too. I've lost count of how many stories I lost (I know, I know, what is an absentminded person like me doing in filmmaking?)

Well, see I had it planned out like this: In the final shot, all the Jedi that were helping 'civillians' would come back and stand together with a few more Jedi to state a point. The Jedi I need- except one - agreed to come back whenever I needed them. The other one I haven't heard from in months. I don't know what happened to her. I know I can leave her out, stating the character got killed or something...but I don't know. The other three Jedi (myself, my dad, and my sister) say they still need to finish their costumes (getting the belts and boots). I'm not quite that picky anymore. I just want to shoot the stupid thing and get it over with.

Mostly I'm just fed up. It's been over a year since I started propduction and I'm getting ansty to just call it a wrap. I have finally assembled a VERY rough cut, but no way am I showing that to anyone. It's too embarrassing. Even the finished product will be...well, let's just say 'no-budget' was literal....I borrowed dad's camcorder, for crying out loud! And my sound-recording equipment consists of an old Sony tape recorder and a computer input cable. :oops:

Ugh. I think this experience may haunt me... [face_skull]

12. DaMaher

Jul 6, 2008
    Remember: No one's first film was ever a complete success. If you never fail, you can never learn from your mistakes, and bad experience is better than no experience at all. (Ok, I'm going to stop boring you all with my fortune cookie talk)

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    BTW...still want to do the roto work? [face_batting]

Pleeeeease? [face_praying]

14. DaMaher

Jul 6, 2008
    lol, why yes, yes I do. da_maher@mahercos.com

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
  16. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    She didn't give up! She didn't give up!! Yea!!!

[face_dancing]

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Dost mine eyes deceive me, or do I actually see a couple FANS out there??? :eek:

Trying to set up the last day of shooting with my actors. I WANT to shoot by the end of the month. [face_praying]

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    First teaser is up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_akAEUEgWc

Before you say anything-

I know it's vague, short, and, frankly, boring. It's just something to give people a very general idea.

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    *BUMP!* Oof! [face_beatup]

YES! The very last day of shooting has been set up! [face_dancing]

Finally, the end is in sight!

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Finally, after nearly a year of stop-start filming, production is finished!!! [face_dancing]
    What I need to do now is shoot one or two itty-bitty bit scenes, get them off to the rotoscoper, wait for that to be done, do the final voice over, and add the music. I-)

I won't project a release date until I get those first scenes back from the rotoscoper, but I'm going to put a TENTATIVE one for the end of this year...maybe. If not then, then the 2010 elections.[face_flag]

Oy...after this I think I may not look at a video camera for several months...[face_hypnotized]

21. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    2010 elections?

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Gubanatorial (sp?) for certain states. It's a fake political commercial, so it cwould make more sense to release it around then.

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    WHOA! Just saw the first scene my rotoscoper did and I am flabbergasted. :eek: It got me excited about the film all over again. :D

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay, got a projected release date-

July 7. :)

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    'Another one bites the dust...'

Rotoscoper, that is. (not his fault!!!) :(

Well, since I'm in the middle of a move, I won't ask for one again for a while. But if anyone out there is free...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.