main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~~'Vote NO on Order 66' - a political commercial parody~~~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    This may be overkill (I'll explain why later)...but anyway, here's a copy of what I posted on the RL boards.

Hello! I'm in the writing stage of a small political commercial parody called 'Vote No on Order 66'. It's basically a bunch of Jedi going on the air to try and stop Order 66 as if it were a vote to go through in the senate or something. I need at least twelve Jedi, preferably more. Specifically...

MASTERS: 2
    KNIGHTS: 3-5
    PADAWANS: 5-8
    YOUNGLINGS: 2-4
    (By 'Padawans' I mean between the ages of twenty and twelve, and by 'Younglings', I mean kids between the ages of five and ten)

No acting experience is required, but you will need to be able to keep a straight face. There is only one speaking role, and that will be either a Master or a Knight...haven't decided yet. There will be some light saber work (sparring and training remote practice, if possible)

If it is not too much to ask, I'd also like some civillians (AKA random Star Wars extras), as part of the footage will be of Jedi on various missions. For the civillians, any 'Star Warsy' clothing would be welcome.

The location is still 'up in the air', so to speak, but I do have a camera, tripod, and a few volunteers for crew already. I've already posted a message on the TF.N FanFilm forum.

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or is interested in being on film, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP with a copy on the screenplay.

Thank you!

This silly this has been redirected twice already. First I posted it in the afore-mention FanFilm forum, then they told me to put it on the RL boards, then THEY told me to bring it here. Oy! [face_tired] Anyway, I'll give the board back now.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Fan Films forum isn't a place to post a casting call and neither is Rebel Legion. :p ;)

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    If you dont wanna be in it just say no and walk away. [face_shame_on_you]:p

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Then where is??? [face_worried] This probably sounds really lame, but my online pals are the only pals I can go to. I have to sit out this semester of college so I can't post a message on the corkboards over there or ask around at the drama department.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It sounds sucky, but truth be told, you just have to ask people you know. :(

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Cara, talk to Delta and DM. They have both been involved in films. Delta took part in one that was a senior project (which I still haven't seen... hint, hint) and DM does all sorts of things in that area, including saber work and some special effects.

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay. I'll do that. :)

8. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    that's right i can do the sabers and even choreograph a little, I have basic special effects skills, but I can not add in cg in so no practice droid.

9. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey, that's not my fault, JF! Josh is a bum!

But yeah, I'd like to help.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a costume, but I can help shoot and such if needed.
    PM me if you want my help or anything.

10. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    just wondering if there were any new updates on this?

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    No. My family is moving soon. :oops:

If I could get some e-mail addresses, though, I could send copies of the script so you can see more of what I'm talking about. PM me if you're interested.

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    *BUMP!*
    Update!

The script is as finished as its going to be, but I'm gonna need more actors....at least two Clone troopers, a bunch of 'civillians', and maybe even Palpatine (yeah, right) in addition to the dosen or so Jedi. Several actors may have to do double-duty. I can send copies of the script to anyone who's interested. I've also gotten the set design and a couple costumes drawn up, though I can't possibly make costumes for every actor. If all else fails I'm going to ask every single person I know (even people in my church) if they're interested.

Location scouting hasn't gone anywhere, but if I can get some sort of greenscreen set up I may even be able to use the garage for the indoor bits. With some clever manuvering, I might even be able to get away with doing everything greenscreen...even the outdoor shots. I'm going to do some reasearch later and see which planets would be feasible.

I'd like to do the filming bit over Spring, but as long as this is taking, that may be impossible. Between June and early August would be more likely. It shouldn't take more than a week to shoot, but I'm leaving as many options as possible open. I'm aiming for a 'release' of mid to late October, just before the election.

More updates as they come. Oy, this is exhausting. [face_tired]

13. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Umm, would you script me?

14. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    You should ask DarthCarnicus in the OCSWS to do Palps, he makes an excellent one.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Oooh...really? =P~ Oh, boy!

Sure! There's only one speaking part at this point, but plenty of action parts.

Good news with locations! IF I can't find what I'm looking for, I have permission from my dad to transform the garage into a mini-studio. He and my sister also volunteered to be Jedi. [face_dancing] We've got LOTS of work-lights out there, so lighting shouldn't be a problem.

PM sent, Laz. :)

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Would you PM me the script? I'll help out if I can. Can't commit for sure until your plans are a little more set, though. I can talk to DC for you if you want. I was at an X-Wing pilot costume workshop yesterday and chatted with him there. He's a really nice man. I'll need as much information about what you need your Emperor to do before I talk to him. If he's not available/interested, he might be able to recommend somebody else.

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    PM sent. I'll take all the help I can get. Thank you! [:D]

18. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Cara, I am willing to help you as much as I can, in whatever capacity you might need.

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    What the...? :eek:

Okay! Need a copy of the script?

20. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Huh?

Yes, why don't you send me a copy.

21. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Sounds like it would be fun. I'm available for it and have a jedi costume. (I also have a little theatre experience from high school and my friend borrowing me for a directing class she was taking.)

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
  23. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I really like it. Just let me know when and where, I have full robes, a saber, and some martial arts training.

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Thank you!!!!![:D]

Boy, at this rate, I only need one more Padawan and the Younglings and the Jedi are spoken for! [face_dancing]

I've made an animatic (sort of...it's stop-motion animation) and been trying to line up locations. But three numbers went kaput on me. :( The one for El Mirage Dry Lake Bed (desert) is no longer in service, the one for Glen Helen Regional park (meadows)turned out to be a residence, and nobody up at Big Pines (Jackson Lake: Corellia) is answering their darned phone. I tried ten times and it rang ten times before a voce said 'answering: off'. :mad: So far my backup location for the meadows (Mojave Narrows) is cooperating. I still need a desert spot, though.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I don't understand why you can't use El Mirage. It's huge, you can film anywhere, can't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.