main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~~'Vote NO on Order 66' - a political commercial parody~~~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Not when
    a: permits are required, and
    b: the phone number listed they ask you to call regarding said permit won't let me in (AKA, it rings and says 'please enter authorization code'. :rolleyes: )

A lot of the phone numbers listed on web sites are outdated. :oops: Information gave me the same (wrong) one for Glen Helen Regional Park, and it doesn't even have a listing for El Mirage Dry Lake Bed. :mad:

Oh, well. Being in the desert, there are a LOT of dry lake beds around. My second choice is Lucerne Valley dry lake bed. Of course, they have a lot of model airplane enthusiasts, and since it's less regulated than El Mirage, we may have to look out for a miniature Red Baron buzzing by in the middle of a scene. :eek: It's also rather small. I liked the idea of El Mirage 'cause it's so big you can go out in the middle and make it look like Tatooine, no prob. But without a permit...no go. :(

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Aw, crud. From what someone said about the 501st, they never participate in any fanfilm unless the filmmakers have experience and everything is perfect. (I'm being sarcastic, to a point, but that's what it feels like)

I do NOT want to hang this out to dry. I feel like those troopers aren't even giving me a chance, just like all those jobs that say 'oh, no work experience? goodbye!'. It's like they forgot just how people learned experience in the first place.

Nothing against the 501st! Not in the least. I just feel kinda deflated is all. They took a pin to my balloon, so to speak. *POP!*

They said 'go simpler'...ha-ha. Try telling that to my crazy mind. 8-} It's kinda hard to go simple when you don't have a simple story to go with. A commercial is about as simple as it gets. What do they want me to do, go out in the forest like everybody else and film a couple dolts playing with sticks? I thought everyone was tired of that. What happened to story?

I'm ranting. [face_blush] I need to go to bed. Okay, does anyone know how I can do this WITHOUT the Clones?:confused:

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Never mind.

I got my first Trooper! :p

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    ATTENTION CAST/CREW!

Location scouting is more or less finished. Unless something else comes up, the locations are as follows:
    -Cuddeback Dry Lake; (???)
    -Mojave Narrows Regional Park; Victorville, CA
    -Jackson Lake; Big Pines, CA

Location dates are pending, and the following weekends are currently being considered:
    *Feb. 29- March 1*
    *March 7-8*
    *March 14-15*
    *March 28-29*

Locations will be shot in the following order:
    1.) Cuddeback Dry Lake
    2.) Jackson Lake
    3.) Mojave Narrows

Specific actors needed will be announced soon.

I apologize for the late notice, but the Location Manager (Dad) is currently out of comission. Please contact me to let me know which of these dates will work for you.

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    The first date on the list is now discarded due to illness. :p

The other three are still plausible.

ORDER: Desert first, then mountains, then meadow.
    ~ACTORS NEEDED~
    Desert: 1 Jedi.
    Mountains: 1 Jedi, 2-4 Civillians*
    Meadow: 1 Jedi, 1 Civillian*

*'Civillian' means any outfit that looks as if it would fit in Star Wars, AKA any profession except Jedi/face characters. Suggestions: Coveralls, utility belt, work boots, gloves, and goggles for a mechanic; loose, natural clothing, maybe Ren Faire-ish, for farmers; etc, etc, etc. You get the idea. ;)

6. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I could probably do March 29th as a Civilian, can't do Fridays since I work 8-5. But if you need me for that I would be available.

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Thank you! [:D]

I'll send you a PM of what to expect.

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    *~ATTENTION!~* FIRST LOCATION SHOOT THIS SATURDAY!!!

When: Saturday, March 8, 2008. (exact time to be announced)
    Where: Cuddeback Dry Lake (PM for directions)
    Who: Whoever can make it; preperably at least one Jedi and civillian, but if nothing else I NEED a cameraman!
    What: Shooting a small, preliminary scene for the FanFilm 'Vote no on Order 66'.

I apologize profusely for the short notice, but the previous week I was out with a cold. Whoever can show wup will help enormously. There will be no changing area, since it is out on a dry lake bed, but cold water will be availible. Hopefully we'll wrap before lunch. I'll be watching the weather closely.

Thanks!

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Since I had no idea where Cuddeback was, I did a mapquest. It's out by Ridgecrest. Why did you choose there as apposed to El Mirage? I'm sorry, but that's a bit too far for me to drive with gas prices as they are. I really hope you it turns out great for you!

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    'Cause El Mirage charges for entry and I am broke. Completely, 100% flat broke. The only reason I've been able to get this far is a LOT of found scrap materials and most of the cast already has a costume.

But anyway, I think Cuddeback is pretty much scrubbed anyway. Mom just told me that dad can't get me out there...'cause of the gas, of course. :( There goes that idea...

There's only four solutions I can think of at this point. None of them look very attractive.
    -Film out my front door (so to speak). I-)
    -Wait until Summer. [face_skull] Okay, where's that draft I had for my will...?
    -Wait until the next election. :oops:
    -Scrub the desert location altogether.

Any ideas?

11. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Since when does El Mirage charge for entrance? I've never payed.

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    It's a $15 usage fee that was just instated last month. Brand-new.

13. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Wow, rip-off.

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    WHEW! First day of shooting wrapped! [face_tired]

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay, guys! I'm going to be doing Day 2 of Location Shooting THIS SATURDAY! I know the IEFF meeting is going on, but hey, it can't hurt to try.

I need:
    -1-2 civillians
    -1 Jedi
    -Camera operator (?)

It will be up at Jackson Lake by Big Pines in the Angeles National Forest. Call Time will be between 10 and 11 AM. I realize this is bad timing, but please bear with me.

If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks!

16. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Please refer here. Thanks! :D

Sorry I can't support you on this one, Carrie. I do want you to get your help, though I'm hoping it's from the RL and the 501st for this shoot.

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I know. I'm just throwing it out there.

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Production photos!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02264.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02288.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02341.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02376.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02375.jpg

The rest are here.

I've tried multiple times to post thumbnails, but for some reason it doesn't work. :p

19. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/Order%2066/Cuddeback%20lake%203-8-08/DSC02353.jpg]

Press the image button and be sure to paste in the direct link as opposed to the share url or img code.

Great snaps!

20. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Great stills!!!

21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    ~ATTENTION! ONLINE MEETING NEXT FRIDAY!~

To everyone who is interested or who has volunteered to help, we all need to touch bases. There will be an online chat at the address below on Firday, March 28, 2008 to discuss production issues. It will begin between 5 and 6 PM PST and go no later than 10 PM. In it, I'll list what has been done, what still needs to be done, and ask for suggestions. Anyone, even if you can't help directly, is welcome to pop in. (just please don't 'hijack' it! ;) )

Be there! I need a cast and crew count!

Go to the Chat Room at http://www.noon66.bravehost.com/

NOTE: Meeting/chat transcript will be e-mailed later for those unable to show up.

22. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Hmmm I will be on my way home during that time. I won't be able to join the meeting until around 8:30 at the earliest...

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
  24. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Hey Cara, what time is the shoot this Saturday?

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    :oops:

Aw, crud. I forgot! I'm trying to juggle scheduling this and painting my bedroom at the same time.[face_blush] Thanks for the reminder!

Let's see...um...how about we meet up there at about 10 AM, and start shooting at, say...10:45? Not sure how long it will take to get from the town to our shooting location and/or set up. It depends on what time is the most convenient for everyone else, but I prefer to shoot in the mornings. We'll work out the details at the meeting tomorrow night.

ALSO: Slight location change. Jackson Lake cannot be filmed as users need a Forest Adventure Pass to use that land. Filming will, however, still be taking place in the Angeles National Forest. I will be doing some research into locations today.

Oh! Directions! Anyone who does NOT know how to get to Wrightwood, please PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.