~~~'Vote NO on Order 66' - a political commercial parody~~~

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    UPDATE:

We're not done yet!

My sister's outer tunic for her Jedi costume is DONE! [face_dancing] So is my nephew's Youngling costume. If I can find inexpensive greenscreen material soon and finish the other Youngling costumes, I MAY be able to do the studio work in July. :D I'm to reach this goal, however, I need help.

Is anyone still interested in showing up as a Jedi? Are there any Troopers out there who can pretend to fire a weapon or two at some Jedi? I know it's been a very long time since I first put up the casting call, but I'll need all the Jedi I had before (Will, Jim, Sharon) and then some to show up for that final group shot. I know how tough the economy is right now, and how 'out of the way' I am for most people. If July is impossible I can move the date back to some time in August, but it will leave less time for the battle droids and training remotes to be animated and the backgrounds to be composited in. I cannot even recruit a compositor until those shots are done. I've only got a few more to go! Fans, cool water, and lunch will be provided to any and all who participate. ALLERGY WARNING: we do have a cat.

I apologize again for all the delays, but due to Darth Real Life, they are beyond my control.

Thanks for all the moral support! [:D] You guys totally rock!
  2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    WHEW!

Okay, at the rate things are going, I'm FINALLY ready to set tentative studio shooting dates! By then, I should have everything ready to go.

WHEN: Saturday, July 26, 2008 AND/OR Saturday, August 2, 2008 AND/OR Saturday, August 9, 2008. 9:00 or 10:00 AM.
    WHERE: Flying Arrow Studios (AKA our garage)
    WHO: At least one trooper, some crew for lighting, camera, and props, and as many Jedi as possible. (including Younglings)
    WHAT: Order 66 commercial Parody. Shots/scenes TBA.
    OTHER: Lunch, water, and changing areas provided. PM for directions. Further details forthcoming.

I apologize profusely for all the delays, but when you're shooting with a budget of under 100 bucks while trying to juggle a job-search and school...it gets kinda crazy, LOL. [face_blush]

Thank you in advance, and thanks again for all the excellent moral support!

PS: If I can find a compositor for lightsaber blades, I'll be putting out the very first trailer next month! [face_dancing]
  3. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry CUJ, but my weekends are pretty much all booked this summer!
  4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    That's okay. If no one else volunteers I'll have to push the dates back anyway. Besides, I think I may need to toss the 9th out the window because that's evidently when my Photoshop class ends! (though the semester is suppossed to end the day before...:confused:
  5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, shoot. I didn't want it to happen, but it has.

Order 66 has died. [face_worried] With nowhere to go and now all my free time taken up,there has been not a minute of breathing space. When we don't even know where we're going to live next month, this is no time to be making a movie. I can't even say it's postponed. To have any effect at all it HAS to be released during an election year, and people change too much over two years to finish the shots then.

Well, thanks for your help, guys. We tried.

R.I.P [face_skull] @};-
  6. UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: IT LIVES!

Due to time constraints I've scaled down the production; there will be no Youngling shot, no Emperor, no Clones, and no studio shots. Instead the Temple shots will take place at Victor Valley College the first weekend of September. The only people who absolutely HAVE to come are Jim, Sharon, and Will (for the final group shot). All others are excused if you can't make it, as there are enough Jedi to make do with. Yoda? Well, he'll have to be a stock picture with a voiceover.

The only other thing I need at this point is a lightsaber compositor. If I can manage to throw together some test saber shots, I'll put up a Teaser...someday. :rolleyes:

Anyone still interested (ROFLOL!!!) please let me know. If not, it's okay. See you at the premiere!
  7. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
  8. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    I could try and put some stuff together but not sure how many inperson apearances I can make.
  9. UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you can stick blaster shots and lightsabers into movie scenes, you're 'hired'. :D With the Youngling scene discarded, I don't need the training remotes anymore. And who says the blaster bolts actually have to have a point of origin? ;)
  10. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    yeah I can do it, how long will I have to work on it?
  11. UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Knight

star 1
    The planned release date is November 5. I can get you a shot or two now if I could get your e-mail. You'll have the rest by the end of next month. I'll PM you some specifics if you want.
  12. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    sure e-mail it to davonnieproductions@yahoo.com
    and all spects you want sabe colors and all the important info and specs.
  13. UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thnx much, Ronnie! :D

My Jedi died. :_| As of now I have three; My dad, my sister, and me. I might be able to make it work if I did a few pickup shots with the three of us (I still need a sparring shot) and reel in Will, Sharon, and Jim for the final group shot with me as the narrator.

This Saturday is out, so I'm desperate now; any Friday or Saturday between now and October 11th is open. The place: Victor Valley College, just below the new Advanced Technology building. I only have three shots left- the opening walking shot, the sparring shopt, and the ending group shot. With any organization at all, those can be shot in one afternoon. Please? Anyone? [face_praying]

I'm not mad or anything ands I apologize many times over for continuing to ask for help. I know how busy everyone is and how I said the film was dead. This taught me a valuable lesson; go SMALL for your first FanFilm! [face_tired]

Thank you all for your moral support. :)
  14. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Carrie,
    That was a nicely worded plea! I'm sure everything will work out.
    I am sorry, but I still don't have a costume. Good luck to you!
  15. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    e-mail me those last shoots I might beable to help you cordanate it so you can pull it off in one day of shooting, I might be able to make a jedi spot as well but will have to see if my life alows for it.
  16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Final shoot: October 18.

No help is being asked for; just a bit of an update. [face_tired] I don't care now if it is just me and the camera. I don't care when this thing gets released. I just want to put this thing behind me and move on.
  17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    DONE!!!!!! No more footage needed for Order 66! [face_dancing]

Well...sort of. When I returned from my morning shoot at the college my sister said she still wants to be in it...so I have no clue what's going on. :confused: Do I have Jedi or don't I?

Anyway, it went fairly well. I got two scenes shot, plus a few nutty 'practice' shots just for fun. Only a few lookie-loos, and they were respectful. Sorry, no pics to show. I'll try and capture some from the camera later.

It was way warmer than I thought it would be so I just about boiled in those Jedi robes. Thank goodness I got it all done before 9:30 AM; and I didn't have to do any fight scenes.

Now I just need to finish the editing, and this nigthmare will be over. 8-}
  18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to production issues, the release date of Order 66 will be pushed back until the 23rd of December. :_|
  19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa...talk about pushed behind! :eek:

The first teaser is up. Just to let people know what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_akAEUEgWc
  20. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    YES!!! Principal photography, in the loosest sense of the word, is FINISHED!!!![face_dancing] Now I just need to get the final scenes to my rotoscoper and shoot a little bitty shot and it's done!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.