main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Vote to rename the Fan Force

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by KC-Jedi, Feb 28, 2010.

?

Vote to rename the Fan Force

Poll closed Mar 15, 2010.
  1. KCFF

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Alderaan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. For the Love of the Lightsaber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Moisture Farmers

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Bantha Tippers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC-Jedi

KC-Jedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 18, 2005
    Here are the nominees to rename our FF group. Please vote for you choice. This poll will be open for 2 weeks.

2. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    my vote was for KCFF.

3. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    I concur... this keeps us with the "parent" group as an image, as well as the flexibility to move forward with other "sub-names" when we grow larger and see a need to have an independence from the parent organization, when it is called for. That, plus I am not really feeling the other names, not that I'm from here, but I've never known KC as a "cow/farm town" now,Manhattan Kansas, sure...

4. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    I voted for Moisture Farmers... cause I like it...

5. KC-Jedi

Jan 18, 2005
    Only 3 days to vote for the new name of our group.

6. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    It seems we might have a tie, I say run off of the two names.

7. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    Um, 3 votes vs 2 votes vs 1 vote...

Question 1. Where is the tie?

Question 2. Only 6 votes over 2 weeks? Where is everyone else on this topic, our online meetings have had more than 6 people attend... "come on" everybody! ;)

8. KC-Jedi

Jan 18, 2005
    Somebody broke the tie, so looks like KCFF wins. That is the name we will run with this summer. We can revisit this if needed once our numbers come up. I will contact Darryl so he can start designing oyr handouts for the Comic-Con.

9. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    I found the TIE, Doug, HERE!
    I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't at the last online meeting and even I still voted. Basically, only 5 people from the meeting (judging by the attendece recorded in the mins.) cared enough about the name (and possible future of this group, a name can mean alot to some) to actually take a minute of their time in a two week period. Pretty sad. It seems like only controversy gets people in this group active. [face_idea]Doug, maybe you an I need to get into it again at Crown Center and plan em' for a twice-a-year event.[face_idea]
    I still think and believe while getting new members is a good idea, this group really needs to focus on getting the current membership more active and intrested. When that happens, new members will see the fun happening, and will want to be a part of it.

10. SharaWan

SharaWan Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2010
    Well...I have to say that I, and probably several others, check in at this website only a couple times a month. If I happen to check in at the wrong times I miss a lot of last minute 'stuff', i.e. the February meeting. Is it possible to do mass email notifications to the membership regarding activities, meetings, conventions, general ideas that effect the group? The website would probably get more hits and then ultimately get more participation. Just some thoughts...

BTW...where do I go to add an icon to my signature/profile?

11. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    go to options in the menu. That'll take you where you need to go.
    As far as the mass emailings here, I'm not 100% sure if that can be done or not, something that could be looked into by the leadership, I'm sure.
    There is also a facebook page if you do that. Someone should be able to get you that info (I discontinued my memebership of that). Though that was not a great resourse as of this last meeting, as it didn't get posted until the afternoon of the meeting, and there wasn't a link directing anyone to where the meeting was or a link to information on the meeting itself. Just a message stating "see website for meeting info". Didn't even tell what website to go to. A text was also sent about 10 mins before the meeting began to some members.
    This group needs work, and it needs more than just a few people that want to work to help it survive.

12. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    These boards do not have mass email, not that any of us can use, even the CR. The Facebook group DOES allow this but you've got to be a member. Any other solution would also require people to sign up/opt in. All things considered, I'd recommend pushing the Facebook group in addition to having stuff here...

13. SharaWan

SharaWan Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2010
    I do not plan to join Facebook or any of those online communities, so I guess I'll just have to do a hit-or-miss thing.
    Also, FF shows me as just joining and I was a member of HoTA for 5 yrs.-that's too bad.
    Thanks all.

14. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    I'd recommend pushing here first and foremost. Not everybody does facebook (and some refuse to use social networking sites and I don't blame them). This should be where all events are first announced, discussed and planed. Facebook (and other sites like it) should be used just as a reminder of events and such.
    As for a mass email (though with current membership, it wouldn't be too mass), the CR could get everyone's email (that wants to give it) and use that to send a mass email from their email account when their are events.

15. KC-Jedi

Jan 18, 2005
    All resources are trying to be used that are available to this group. Here, facebook, word of mouth, Planet Comic-Con. Revitalizing this group is a work in progress and to everyone who checks in here I say thanks. The Death Star wasn't built in a day. One way or another you will here about what is going on to get this group more active as they year goes on.

Sith, thanks for all you input and for someone who has publicly stated they are no longer associated with the group you have a lot to say. Shows you care for the group more than you say. I knew there was more to you than money.

16. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    Never said I didn't care.
    True, the death star didn't get built in a day, but it did get blown to kingdom come in a few seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.