main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST VOTE: Which OT characters will die in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ichthyocentaur, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Who's getting axed?

1. Luke Skywalker

27 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Leia Organa (Solo?)

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Han Solo

82 vote(s)
    69.5%
  4. Lando Calrissian

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. C-3PO

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. R2-D2

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Chewbacca

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
  8. Wedge Antilles

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Boba Fett (and he survived the Sarlacc!)

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Jar Jar Binks

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well Han is very likely. Him dying without Chewie is close to impossible. I'd say Luke dies because having the legendary heroic plot armor on your side would ease the pressure on the new guys. He might die in the final battle like Qui-Gon did, but I'd be surprised if Luke survives Ep VII.

3. Ian Smith

Ian Smith Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2013
    I'd say Han is the most likely. Mainly because I find it hard to imagine that Harrison Ford would sign on for a trilogy at this stage in his career.

Indy 11 and Ditolus like this.
  4. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I want Leia to die in Ep. 7 infront of Han and Luke, that would fill Han and Luke with hatred which will challenge Luke as a Jedi.
    In ep. 8 i'd like to see Han and Chewie badass-style.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

My somewhat redundant post in these kind of threads, but it amuses me.

6. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Leia dies in Episode VII
    Han dies in Episode VIII
    Luke dies at the beginning of Episode IX, but continues being a voice and force ghost until the very end, until the evil is extinguished.

7. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    This thread is amusing. Like the "good guys" body count is so high in the movies. Let's see: Old Ben, Biggs, Yoda, a handful of ancillary Jedi, and one ewok.

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Episode VII will come with three different endings and one of the OT will die in each ending. This will help bring the box office up as people will line up to see all three versions.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Voted for Luke going out ala Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan style, returning as a force ghost in VIII and IX. Without a doubt Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan taught Luke how to return to corporal space after death.

10. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I want to change my vote. Han will die in Episode VII, Luke will die in Episode IX, after he's had time to complete John's training. I don't think the new hero will be able to get from zero to Jedi in one movie.

11. Irate Bounty Hunter

Irate Bounty Hunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Yeah, I reckon that Luke may survive into Episode 8. Having him die in the first act would seem a little repetitive. I know that Star Wars is supposed to rhyme "like poetry", but there's no need to make it so formulaic. Harrison is the oldest of the O3 and probably doesn't want to be tied to this franchise for the next five years, so in Episode 7 he'll die in a blaze of glory as he originally wanted. Chewie will probably die with him. Leia I am not sure of. It depends on the nature of her role in the movie.

I believe that the droids will survive to Episode 9.

12. Amarna

Amarna Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2014
    Yeah, I think the droids will survive this trilogy. Han I could see dying in episode VII, Harrison Ford probably doesn't want to be tied down to another trilogy at this point. Luke I think will die eventually to make room for the next generation, although I hope not or at least not until the end of episode VIII or IX.(my favorite character and childhood hero cannot die!).

13. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'd rather not see any important character dead in Ep. VII. I say keep them alive until some climatic moment in Ep. VIII, when there'll be a story arc in progress.

14. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    is it me or when you add up the total percentages in this poll it goes above 100%?

15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Since General Han Solo is retired from military action I would imagine. He is most likely the one to be killed because he has the least to do in the end. It would also make the character go out in a blaze of glory, especially if its a self-sacrificing death.

16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Well let's hope if Han DOES die he doesn't get crushed by a faulty door on the Falcon :p

bigtukker likes this.
  17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I have a similar theory but Luke doesn't go on a quest for revenge Han does though but in the end realizes that isn't what Leia would want him to do and dies sacrificing himself for the others this all happens in my episode 7 :)

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I actually came here to talk about this idea me and my friend had about Han kamikazeing the Falcon into an enemy warship in hyperspace as a last ditch effort to save the new characters.

I'd want to feel sad if this happened but it's easily the most badass way to ever die and I'd probably give a high five to the people sitting next to me in the theater

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think it would be cool if Luke senses his own death coming early in the storyline. Then he would have a one on one discussion with Yoda, Ben, and Anakin each as they prepare him for his transition into the afterlife. Mark did say in the 80s that a sequel trilogy would heavily involve "other planes of existence".

Anakin would tell him to let it happen as it should, and not to make the same mistakes he did. The rest of the movie would be Luke closing any loose ends in his life as he passes the torch to the new generation, before dying in the final battle.

This would be juxtaposed with a conflict between the Jedi and Plagueis and his disciples, who are obsessed with physical immortality.

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    IG_2000 - Please don't double post (post back to back). If you have something else to say, please edit your previous post.

21. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    This ain't Gears of War. ;)

22. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    speaking of deaths.
    [​IMG]
    MODified: Received complaints that this is a GoT spoiler.

23. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    I think Luke will pull a Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan and die in the first movie. Han is becoming too old and Chewbacca is dispensible (sorry Chewie fans)

24. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Well thanks for spoiling Game of Thrones there, us UK viewers won't see the season finale until tonight. And it's pretty obvious what that post was implying happens!

25. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I guarantee that at least one stormtrooper will die in Episode VII. (Okay, that's assuming there are "stormtroopers" in the Imperial sense).