main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Vox populi ~ Interviews with RPFers ~ Issue#5 ~ DarkLordoftheFins

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Jul 19, 2011.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [image=http://changenow.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/interview-mic.jpg]

Welcome to Vox Populi.

Vox popoli is latin and means the voice of the people. And that is what I wanna do in this thread. This is the place where the players, GMs and friends of the RPF are dragged into the spotlight and confronted with those questions we never ask them in Hoopers. Over the course of the next weeks we will hear interesting, private, controversial and sometimes simply historical stories about the RPF from the people who know it best. The Members.

I am Claire or SirakRomar and I will be your host on this little journey into the heart and soul of our community. Before we end my little monologue about my little dream-project and give our first guest all our attention, I want to point out some rules for this thread and how it shall be used.

They are simple and reasonable I believe.

[hr]

[u][b]The Rules[/b][/u]

[b]
    I. Be polite, fair and civilized. Always

II. After each interview there will be plenty of room for discussions. Once I feel they die down I´ll bring up the next interview and only the actual, current running interview is to be discussed! Please don´t jump back after the discussion is closed on one interview.

III. All interview partners have agreed to do an interview. If they participate in whatever discussion rises afterwards is entirely left to them.

IV. Discussion shall be about the content of an interview, not the person itself.[/b]
    Simple, aren´t they? Now let´s not wait any longer . . .

[image=http://www.malaysianwireless.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/anonymous_rim.jpg]

So let´s not waste anymore time.

[b]I proudly introduce our first guest:[/b]

2. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    You can´t play responsibility ? An Interview With Sinrebirth

Hello everybody. And welcome to the very first of our RPFs Interviews. I am Claire or Sirak Romar as you know me and with me tonight is one of the boards finest. Sinrebirth himself. The man behind the famous and dreaded ABYverse and many of the boards most popular games ? including our last flagship to these days -, the former EUC Chancellor, winner of more awards than I could list and one of the finest people around and I am proud to say a good friend of mine. I picked Sinrebirth as my first interview because he pretty much embodies the best in the RPF to many of us. So let´s look behind the nickname and let´s find about who this man is.

[b]
    Hello Sinre, how are you?[/b]

Excellent, thank you. It is unpleasantly warm in the UK right now, but I am in good spirits.

[b]Someone once called you the RPFs most reliable part. Do you feel like that sometimes?[/b]

I have been described as a 'pillar' of various organisations in the past, on these fair boards. Reliability is something that I foster. I don't tend to view it was reliability, though - it is a matter of responsibility. I like to think of myself as a responsible person. As one of my favourite characters once said (approximately) - if you intend to take responsibility, you must take it to the very end. That, to me, means that you can't just 'play' at responsibility. You must fill your role.

[b]You are best known as a GM around the RPF and one of it´s most succcessful and most active ones. What does inspire Sinrebirth to do a game? [/b]

*smiles*

A continuity gap could inspire a game, for me, or an idea that has yet to be fulfilled. For example, I find it novel that the Empire split in two, but the Deep Core never formally surrendered. Or, with KotoLR, it was about the concept of the Night Watch trilogy within a Star Wars setting. I also liked concepts found within Babylon 5 and the Saga of Seven Suns thought that they would merge well. So did another franchise that I won't disclose, in-case someone puts two and two together. [face_wink]

[b]So I think most readers know these days what you´re up to and obviously the famous ABYverse still echoes through our halls, but I think what fewer people know is: How did you get to thhe RPF? What made you register and post one day? [/b]

I joined these boards because I love the concept of gods. For Star Wars, in 'fleet' terms, that translated into Super Star Destroyers, as massive dreadnaughts that were beyond compare. By way of my love of the Literature, I made my way into the Expanded Universe Community. There I became embroiled in all manner of mini-roleplaying, because of the way the Sith and Jedi fan clubs and the Senate is set up there... and then I met Trimaj, who led me by the nose here! [face_laugh]

[b]What were your first steps then? Did you play? Did you immediately began to GM?[/b]

I played one game - Archangels & Alchemists, by Winged_Jedi. I became a villain of sorts, running a faction that would weaponise a chemical which would cause all manner of holy hell on the galaxy. I got a taste for coordinating events from afar, and from there I founded 200 BBY - the Mandalorian Conflict, and met a newbie named Sarge221. You may know him. [face_tongue]

[b]How was it to have your first game? What was it about?[/b]

This came about from a continuity hole - in canon, in 200 BBY, Mandalorians exterminated a species, and the Jedi and Senate ignored it. The Bounty Hunters Guild and rogue Jedi sought to hold off the Mandalorians. This was directly attached to Durge murdering the Mandalore who ordered said extermination. This happened a century before he awoke - so around 124 BBY, perhaps 100 BBY. That's a century of violence! I started off the war in the game.

For my first game, it was an unmitigated disaster, in GM terms. I had all but one rogue Jedi waiting for a meeting with Master Yoda, while Yoda spoke to another PC. The meeting with Yoda took too long, and almo

3. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ?I am only a part-time devil.? ? An interview with LordTroepfchen

Welcome back to Zeitgeist, the TFN RPF interview series. I am your host Sirak Romar and if you tune in the second time I think I need no further introduction.
    My guest tonight was not picked for his undeniable qualities as a member of the RPF or because he has left us a year ago and is soon making a comeback. I did not pick him for his numerous awards or because he is a close, dear friend of mine. I picked him because he was probably one of the most controversial members of our board ever had.
    I heard him being called a brilliant GM, a RPF patriot and once even the ?bravest man on the boards?, but also a troublemaker, instigator, zealot and once - if rumor is true - even an enemy of the RPF. Tonight we will look behind the motives of this once mercurial figure of our community who recently returned. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome LordTroepfchen.

[b]Hello LordTroepfchen. How are you?[/b]

Hey Claire. I am fine. I am fine.

[b]Good, good. Let us lift your greatest secret first. For all those unknowing what your name means, what is a Troepfchen?[/b]

Oh, I am not certain if I can tell. It really is a big secret *laughs* Droplet. It is the German word for droplet. I choose it in a moment of silliness and it referred to an old joke that I did a lot of my posts when I was drunk, back in my younger days.

[b]So, you announced leaving the RPF about a year ago and actually sneaked out through the backdoor back then. In the season before one could say you made quite an impact. Why did you leave?[/b]

Real Life finally demanded from me to begin to move on. I realized that I am in the position to fulfill myself my dreams. For the first time in my life and most likely for the last time. I organized it, neat German I am I organize everything, and then began to travel the world. That left no room for my favourite hobby. That´s one reason.

The second is I did it for a long, long time and maybe I just overstayed my welcome. Not with the board (although probably with a Mod or two), but with myself. When you start doing stuff the third time you need to ask yourself what it is that keeps you doing it. The answer was quite shocking. I simply got used to it.

When Fin sold SotS and had to shut down the game it was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

[b]Then why do you come back now?[/b]

I am actually not coming back. I just fulfil a most pleasurable obligation to end Sins of the Saints. I promised and I keep my promises. And considering it the pinnacle of Rping I am quite excited and proud to be part of it. So once the last post is done, I´ll veil myself into the cape of anonymity once more and vanish into the night! But until then RPF will need to live with me once more.

[b]Or simply survive you! [/b]

I´ll behave. I swear. I am only a part-time devil.

[b]That means you won´t enter the arena that is the RPR anew? [/b]

That is exactly what it means. I got no idea what´s going on there with you guys. So I keep my mouth shut, as I have nothing to say. I might hang out in the GDG if I find something interesting to discuss there. I actually have begun working on a game or two with friends. I just like to design them. So the backally-LordT-game-construction-factory is working again. I still try to be a one man rival of the GDG [face_tongue]

[b]What about playing? I bet some people are hungry to see you in their games. [/b]

I am in ToRR. Although my contract there expires after Season One. [face_smile] I enjoy it, but I really must say it would need quite a game and quite a role to set me on fire. I felt I played so many roles I don´t remember half of them. I don´t plan to add anything to it. But if so, it would need to be something to pick my interest.
    [Note from the interviewer: by the time you read this he joined boba Matts AU game in his trademark role as a Weequay Dark Jedi]

[b]Like what? [/b]

Are you planning something? Dunno. I really am not looking, I must c

4. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I´m not a God - An interview with Saintheart

First a word in my own interest. I am sorry this took so long, but things got busy on my side and I lost my computer with all these interviews on and so on and so on . . . anyway, this interview is a bit older and as far as opinions might have changed, I certainly think saintheart will be happy to clearify in the discussion. So here we go . . .

Again, as so often, my guest might need very little introduction. A former Mod, GM of the extremely long running only dice-based game of our board and recent winner of the Best GM title . . . and not for the first time . . . Saintheart was around for as long as I lurked these boards. He did many projects over time, played amyn characters and never failed to impress, entertain and bless us with his participation. It is my honor to present you Saintheart.

Hello Saintheart, how are you?

Pretty good, actually. I've been listening to Pat Benatar while the kids are asleep, so life is actually most pleasurable at the moment.

Okay, we jump right into it. How did Saintheart end up in the RPF? What were your first steps? What was your first game?

It's been a long, long time. I wound up in the RPF more or less by chance; I originally came to these boards looking for Star Wars fan films -- both to watch one and eventually seek recruits in Western Australia to make one -- but saw the Role Playing header and clicked on it, only to find all these wonderful games and what seemed to be stories being told bit by bit. I did lurk a little bit, but I really just jumped into it - from memory my first game was a very, very freeform game called "The Jedi Temple" or some such. I first met Ktala in that game. I played around in that for a while, but it was in a startup called "A Time of Change" that I started to take my first GM-ing steps ... mostly because I carved "filler" detail in and started to direct some storylines as the GM slowly got overwhelmed and eventually disappeared from their own game. Those were basically my training wheels into GMing on these boards.

I think the board knows and worships you for being a former Mod with a very own and appreciated way to handle things and the GM of the epic dice based game of Tides of Flames. A tremendous success. You know what? I always see you and think of KesselBreak. And Lando Calrissian. And the guy who did this Jawa Jedi. Tell me what do you think were your defining experiences on the boards.

I hope the board doesn't worship me. I'm not a god. I've just got mileage and I had some very good teachers. That's all. There's a lot of better GMs around here, and in terms of development of the RPF it's Imperial Hammer who should be given the title as the Hardest Working Man in showbusiness.

"A Time of Change" was an important experience for me, because in a roundabout way it persuaded me I could GM. If you wind up running a game because its GM drops out, if that doesn't convince you that you can run something, then nothing will.

After that, IBOP -- the Integrated Balance of Power for those who need to keep up with the acronyms -- was my masterclass. I still don't know how Lightside_Apprentice ran something that big for that long and managed to keep so many plates spinning on sticks and hold down a job at the time. IBOP taught me about big, big pictures and about how big groups of players act. It taught me about large-scale updating and organisation. How LS_A GMed his games taught me the right approach for how to deal with players and people.

"The Matrix: Brave New World" was a defining moment for me GMing as well because it convinced me I could never run something as big or as complex as IBOP for long. At its top, there were 20+ people playing, most of whom were in one fight scene. That was Spartan madness. On the other hand, I think it also gave me a bit of a soft touch in that I still do take on too many players than I strictly should, because I like to help people have fun. It hammered home that

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Damn hard to kill off - An interview with WingedJedi

Hello again. Once more I present an interview that was amde several weeks ago. And even with the danger of repeating myself, once again I have a guest who barely need any introduction. He is one of our most admired, most successful and envied GMs on the board and creator of many of our very own classics. Not few consider him to be the finest GM of recent years. Please welcome with me the multi-award-winning creator of Lea Monde and ManCubs and many other games, WingedJedi!

[b]Hello Winged. How are you?[/b]

At the time of writing, I'm very contented.

[b]Excellent. I think we should dive right into it then. It is fair to say you are primary a GM, are you? Why do you think that is so?[/b]

I'm a narcissist and a control freak. Seriously. Or at least, I am when I'm Winged_Jedi.

[b]What inspires you to do a game? How do you come up with games?[/b]

I just ask "what if?" questions a lot, and occasionally they interest me enough to build a concept. For example:

What if you could "cure" Force-sensitivity? (Archangels & Alchemists)
    What if the main characters were all siblings? (Man Cubs/Vengeance Is Mine/Seven Orphans)
    What if the GM was an unreliable narrator? (Rose, Rogue, Raven)

At that point I play with the idea in my head like a mental Rubik's Cube, and I keep going until all the sides match.

[b]Well, how did it all begin? Tell us a bit about your early days in the RPF. How did you end up here, anyway?[/b]

I can barely remember anymore. My earliest posts are unfamiliar when I read them. Apparently my username was inspired by Final Fantasy VII's One Winged Angel? That's what younger me said.

It seems I quickly gravitated towards the RPF. I know that I wanted to write stories, and FanFic was (and remains) a difficult place for a newbie to get any attention. IBOP was just about to get started, so I signed up then I'm still here today. Learned a couple things along the way.

The first game I GMed was a very simple one called The Birth of Coruscant. We were a small group of relative newbies playing out a cliched and chaotic story, but we had a lot of fun and we actually managed to complete it. Beginner's luck.

[b]Well even today people wait for a sequel to Archangels & Alchemists, I think. Will they ever be heard?[/b]

No. Not from me, anyway. I've discussed ideas with Sinre. I think he liked the concept more than I did, to be honest.

[b]How did this game come to pass? I think it was starting point for many of our most prominent users today. Many credit Ibop and stuff, but I think everybody loved A&A. So where did it come from?[/b]

Its influence is overstated. We didn't last very long, relatively speaking, and I took on far more players than I could handle. That was the game that taught me player caps are an absolute necessity.

As for where the idea came from, see my earlier answer on "What if?" questions. The game just built itself out of that concept.

I should also note that the game most people refer to was in fact the second incarnation of A&A. I'd tried it once before and it didn't work very well. The game that everyone remembers was actually a reboot.

[b]I think The Seven Orphans was a gamechanger for you as it introduced the Fate-System the first time to the boards which you became famous for. How did the game and the system develop? Did they come together or separately?[/b]

Separately. I wanted to tell a Star Wars fairytale because I thought it would be a fun take on the mythos. I loved the idea of this being a story that Aunt Beru might read to a young Luke.

At the same time, I was thinking about different ways of framing a story. As you know, it's not uncommon for films or TV shows to begin at the ending and then explain how the characters got to that point. It's the How We Got Here trope. The Fates are a version of that. The players start off knowing where their characters end up: the question is, how did they get there?

The only reason I didn'

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vox Populi, the Theme Song.

I'd like to say a special thanks to Claire for hosting this delightful thread, and going out of her way to do this for us all.

:D

7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Ah, I remember those fan club days. :D Did you know Sinre, I started in those factions too, only I was in the JCC groups. Much the same sort of environment, only with a lot more politicking.

I agree with everything you've said about newbies and the community, too.

8. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I really think none of us realized how fatherly he was for us all until he was gone. One of the few cases where the Netpersona and the real man were one and the same.

Actually I know for certain he considered Admiral Morlish Veed one of the great roles of his long RPing career and was very enthuiastic about reprising him.

Good times. Really. That one with the epic epicness of these setting and the 133 ABY blood and tears finale are for me the true trademark characteristics of any ABYverse game. A finale that will never be forgotten . . .

Why do so many GMs consider their best games their worst failures? I loved to lurk that. A shame how it went down, but what was there was amazing.

9. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Great read. Good to know that some of what we did back in the days of the NSO in the EUC helped to inspire the games we get to enjoy today.

Also, it is nice to get a glimpse of who the man on the other side of the screen is. Thank you for sharing with us Sinre.

=D=

Looking forward to the next interview.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh I remember these behemoth PMs in 128 ABY. :p Great times. I remember sinre and LordT where especially bad.

A great and insightful interview. I´ll reread it again tomorrow and then hopefully make some more intelligent remarks. All in all I did not thought there was so much I did not know about Sinre! :p

And I agree with TSG on 41 ABY. It might not have ended pretty, but hell it was a great lurk. It was very important for my decision to come back here. And the beginning, when everything as a possibility was one of the finest set mysteries ever done around here.

And Mitth fluffy Jedi and Sirak´s very damaged Hapes were too sweet!

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, sweet memories. Might not of been here for all of those mentioned games, and sadly missed some of the players, but I enjoyed this interview. It might make me regret not having come here sooner, but it also lets me see a couple points on you Sinre that I hadn't seen before but am glad that I do.

Espcially the family first line concerning your posting, and don't worry I'll reply in both your games soon:p

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I wouldn't be around these parts if it weren't for Sinre. [:D][face_love]

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007

This is so true. No matter how creative you are, no matter how many ideas you got . . . you will never come close to five people. Or ten. So get them together, crreate an environment and let them loose . . .

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    After the old blood insight of wise sinre I am happy to announce that I am back and will tonight or at the weekend the very latest post an interview with a more controversial figure of these boards. LordTroepfchen. From there in short succession of eight days each will follow Saintheart and finally WingedJedi. I can already spoil that the interviews were exactly what I wanted to have and I look forward to a second season of interviews rather sooner than later . . .

So watch out. Vox Populi returns soon.

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Zeitgeist ? The RPF Interviews Issue 2

?I am only a part-time devil.? ? An interview with LordTroepfchen

Welcome back to Zeitgeist, the TFN RPF interview series. I am your host Sirak Romar and if you tune in the second time I think I need no further introduction.
    My guest tonight was not picked for his undeniable qualities as a member of the RPF or because he has left us a year ago and is soon making a comeback. I did not pick him for his numerous awards or because he is a close, dear friend of mine. I picked him because he was probably one of the most controversial members of our board ever had.
    I heard him being called a brilliant GM, a RPF patriot and once even the ?bravest man on the boards?, but also a troublemaker, instigator, zealot and once - if rumor is true - even an enemy of the RPF. Tonight we will look behind the motives of this once mercurial figure of our community who recently returned. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome LordTroepfchen.

[b]Hello LordTroepfchen. How are you?[/b]

Hey Claire. I am fine. I am fine.

[b]Good, good. Let us lift your greatest secret first. For all those unknowing what your name means, what is a Troepfchen?[/b]

Oh, I am not certain if I can tell. It really is a big secret *laughs* Droplet. It is the German word for droplet. I choose it in a moment of silliness and it referred to an old joke that I did a lot of my posts when I was drunk, back in my younger days.

[b]So, you announced leaving the RPF about a year ago and actually sneaked out through the backdoor back then. In the season before one could say you made quite an impact. Why did you leave?[/b]

Real Life finally demanded from me to begin to move on. I realized that I am in the position to fulfill myself my dreams. For the first time in my life and most likely for the last time. I organized it, neat German I am I organize everything, and then began to travel the world. That left no room for my favourite hobby. That´s one reason.

The second is I did it for a long, long time and maybe I just overstayed my welcome. Not with the board (although probably with a Mod or two), but with myself. When you start doing stuff the third time you need to ask yourself what it is that keeps you doing it. The answer was quite shocking. I simply got used to it.

When Fin sold SotS and had to shut down the game it was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

[b]Then why do you come back now?[/b]

I am actually not coming back. I just fulfil a most pleasurable obligation to end Sins of the Saints. I promised and I keep my promises. And considering it the pinnacle of Rping I am quite excited and proud to be part of it. So once the last post is done, I´ll veil myself into the cape of anonymity once more and vanish into the night! But until then RPF will need to live with me once more.

[b]Or simply survive you! [/b]

I´ll behave. I swear. I am only a part-time devil.

[b]That means you won´t enter the arena that is the RPR anew? [/b]

That is exactly what it means. I got no idea what´s going on there with you guys. So I keep my mouth shut, as I have nothing to say. I might hang out in the GDG if I find something interesting to discuss there. I actually have begun working on a game or two with friends. I just like to design them. So the backally-LordT-game-construction-factory is working again. I still try to be a one man rival of the GDG [face_tongue]

[b]What about playing? I bet some people are hungry to see you in their games. [/b]

I am in ToRR. Although my contract there expires after Season One. [face_smile] I enjoy it, but I really must say it would need quite a game and quite a role to set me on fire. I felt I played so many roles I don´t remember half of them. I don´t plan to add anything to it. But if so, it would need to be something to pick my interest.
    [Note from the interviewer: by the time you read this he joined boba Matts AU game in his trademark role as a Weequay Dark Jedi]

[b]Like what? [/b]

Are you planning

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Excellent interview! I love learning more about people since I still feel like an outsider sometimes.

SonofZeus' death hit a lot of us hard. He was definitely one of the first people here to take me under his wing and help me when I first starting posting here for 128 ABY. Sinre was the only one I knew but SonofZeus was always willing to help with my horrible posts.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, glorious history. And. . .I finally know what the name means! YES!!!![face_dancing]

Ahem, *straightens robes* yes a fabulous interview. I find it interesting in how the interview played off of both of you in some ways since you two actually know each other in RL. Such as the Journalist bias with regards to what has happend in SotS between your characters. Which I love to read in all its humanity (The discussion between you two I mean, not that I don't enjoy SotS, I mean SotS is a wonderful game that I am enjoying tremendously, and will keep an eye out for this industry rehash. But you know there is a fine line between, well. . .can somebody take away this shovel before I hit oil or China?). Although I think my mention for your Cold Embrace game is a bit of imaginative repainting of that landscape putting me in a better light then existed then.

Although I gotta add I am surprised to see some of the crums I had gathered over the games and discussions I've watched of LordT get fleshed out. The military past, Firm working, and fading all recast with better lighting. The secret programming is a shocker and makes me want to say 'oooh - ahhhhh' like a kid at a candy store at it's prospects as well as 'awww' at the fact that it's time is passing if this move actually ever succeeds.

18. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Great interview. Much like the characters you play, you and Fins and Sirak have your own intertwining backstories that are always intriguing to get a glimpse of...

I am actually not coming back. I just fulfil a most pleasurable obligation to end Sins of the Saints. I promised and I keep my promises.

Speaking as a man who, unfortunately, almost never keeps his word on the RPF, I have a lot of respect for that. A last promise to be fulfilled before your retirement. And I'm glad you were persuaded to cameo as Hoole again on top of that!

I think it kept me going and sane when I had some pretty rough times in my life. It was something I could always come back to. Lots of people vanish when they got problems, I throw myself into games. That was why I probably stayed with it. I needed to get out of my own head and I liked to write but have no talent for becoming a writer. Basically I always had the time and the need to play. These two usually vanish with others. And when things got rough, when Kosovo happend and I was on the frontline, when friendships crumbled and broke and relationships failed I could always go online and find SonofZeus ready to discuss an idea, or Fin and me doing a little one-on-one about a sideplot. My friends were always there. Over time these people became my best friends. I kept on playing because that was for a long time what we did. We grew, we developed. Some of us got a little rich, some struggled, some were happy and some just miserable. But none of us was ever lonely.

That is a wonderful tribute to community roleplaying.

And Kosovo? I didn't know. This last year I chose to study Kosovo in depth as part of my degree, analysing the legality of intervention, that sort of thing. It all seemed so distant when I was hearing some dull expert lecture about it in a classroom. It's surreal to think I've been playing Falleen and Weequay with someone who was out there in the thick of it all.

Okay. The third is my Rant. I did that in my most favourite role, as MYSELF. A guy pretty hard to pull of, but I get better at it. We had a discussion in one of the RPR groups back then and people spread sunshine. And then I brought the rain and pointed out several flaws I had observed.

I have vague memories of this, but can't recall specifics. I can't even remember which side I was on.

So because I'm super bored at the moment, I went looking for it, checking when LordT won the Disgruntled Award and went searching through his posts from that time. I did find some great old discussions (blimey, that philosophy thread had a couple gems eh?) though not the one that caused such controversy. Probably best to let it lie, as was said in the interview.

Incidentally, while searching I came across a great Fins line, as he entered what was at the time a very heated debate: "So, I had to interrupt my Whisky Evening on my new balcony for this?" [face_laugh]

I was joking. It was a strange rumor that came up once which Winged and I found very amusing.

Oh, let's just tell them the truth at last. We're launching "Man Cubs II: Talespin" sometime in the next month.

I jest.[face_shhh]

I also think [the Germans] went out of fashion when the more confrontational personalities began to utilize it. Soon it had the bitter taste of conflict. While I think it was originally meant in a very kind way, it kinda got a bad sidetaste. Do they still use it these days?

I still use it. But only with affection! [:D]

19. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Another great interview! =D=

LordT, you definitely deserved an interview. I?ve read over some of the past games, and of course I?ve seen your work in the recent ones. I especially love Carl Weber, who it seems to me fits you perfectly. It?s who I think of when I think of you. Also, I have a fond memory of you. I started my little game of Quarantined. I had little to no interest, other than a new player who I was really grateful for, and CPL who I love to have on board! I asked you, and immediately you were with me. You created two characters, the sheriff and his wife the doctor. Great characters. You helped get that game much farther than I ever thought it would. It showed how you don?t care whether the person is a newbie or an oldie, but on whether you are interested in the game or not.

And I really like that.

I?m glad to see you back, if only for SotS. It would not have been the same without you.

You are one of my favorite people! I respect you and your modesty (your posts are always amazing. Your writing is spot on). I?m glad I had the chance of meeting you in the games we play. :D

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I didn't know it meant Droplet. [face_laugh] I always thought it meant something badass.

Fascinating interview. I think over the years I've picked up on little bits of your history, but it's more interesting to see it all put together from your point of view. It makes it a story rather than bits of trivia.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A few things even I did not know. but most surprisingly those I knew make a lot different sense, once assembled. These interviews turn out to be quite insightful. Facts and unknown stuff grought into order is fascinating. Although I could have guessed, I never saw the relationship between online activity and your rl issues.

For the record though, I learned a lot of you. Most usful skills, actually. Like writing a good op, attracting players and always get a little more out your story. Your mindset was the model I build my own plots after. So forget denying responsibility for the creature you gave birth to :p

And it never occured to me, but indeed our beloved ARIA program won´t survive the move. :rolleyes:

And no wonder you did not find it Winge,d I did and I think memory really skips a few month when it comes to these times. the two events you refer to as "rant of all rants" I think were actually several month apart. Even I remember them as if they were two days apart, only. but think who was Mod when and you realize they were nowhere near the same season. Anyway, the event itself might not be so important anymore, reading what you made of it is most interesting. And probably shows how such things open up a new perspective over the years . . .

And I am not glad to have LordT with me for SotSo and sotF, it was actually my condition to do it in the first place. I could not have imagined doing it without him . . .

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    =D= another fine job! This one's of greater interest to me, seeing as how I was easily one of the contributors to drama in the past. [face_blush]

23. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    For me lordt set always the standard for quality. It does not mean there aren´t better posts than his, but his are always a good read. Always have depth and no two characters are ever the same. So that usually sets the bar for a "good post" and everybody else falls left and right of the line. About his legendary posts I only heard (despite his amazing Palpatine, with whom I had the joy to cooperate), but they sound like worthy of rereading some old games. All in all, this interview made me more curious instead of less about the e-persona LordT.

The interview gives me an idea how he did that, though. It´s age and experience. Something you cannot train or learn. :) A great interview, which really gave me a whole new view on LordT as a person. The one thing I would have loved to include is a bit about how he creates his posts. The little insight on him rewatching throne Room scenes from RotJ was really funny.

Lovely done.

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    In a few days, maybe even tomorrow´I´ll post interview number 3 with another person I was longing for to have a look behind the Nick: Saintheart. So watch out for my self-advertising. Also it was really fun and I think they turned out more informative than I hoped for. Therefore I can proudly announce my second Season of interviews which I will soon begin to prepare by asking my potential candidates if they are willing. After the GM heavy Season One I´ll try to get a little into the heads of players Season 2.

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Okay, I forgot to get Saintheart up. I was so sure I did before I went to Sylt. He´ll be up soon! Promised!