main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 VR "Trials on Tatooine"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Glorious, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Glorious

Glorious Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2015
    We went straight here on both Friday and Saturday as soon as we could (3rd chute both days when doors opened) and both days they ran out of passes really quickly.

Did anyone try it? Was it any good?

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    We were lucky enough to get a ticket for it on Saturday (we were in the first 1/3 of chute 1 and we got a return time of 1pm so they went fast).

It was really good fun, I wish we'd been able to do it again but we decided it wasn't fair to even try as places were so limited and we'd had our turn.

It's essentially a tech demo but a really, REALLY good one. It's so immersive and batting blaster bolts back at Stormtroopers was definitely some of the most fun I had all weekend (even if I really did need to work on my deflection skills!)

Glorious likes this.
  3. Glorious

Glorious Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2015
    Sounds awesome - glad you enjoyed it :)
    Nice touch not taking another pass too :)

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    I definitely need to go for a 3-day pass next time. Originally only booked for Friday then thankfully realized in advance that wouldn't nearly be enough time there and picked up a Saturday pass too.

The VR was what I decided to make a dash for when it opened up at 10am on Friday and got lucky with one of the last time slots they had available. Was definitely worth it!

5. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    This was so cool.. I got a fast pass for Saturday morning and enjoyed the whole thing. Definitely one of the best parts of CE.

6. lmhrpr

lmhrpr Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2016

Yeah, we got a ticket for the Friday afternoon. Apparently they sold out within 30 minutes of opening.

Trials on Tatooine was great. The game itself is fairly straight-forward but the technology is convincingly immersive. It really feels like you're holding a lightsaber and fiddling around with the Falcon. Very close to ordering one!

7. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    It was the only thing I was hanging out for (more than the panels, which I assumed would be televised) - missed out on the first day as media got first go and the ticket I got coincided with Hamill's panel which I'd been sleeping out since 4 am, for .. did it on the Saturday and wow... it was something else. Though the story was short, it ws so realistic that I kept bumping into walls as I wanted to explore around the Falcon and artoo .. and the shuttles. The interaction with the environment was pretty cool too and of course, that moment when you ignite that lightsabre in your hands and swing it around ... amazing. It is still at it's infancy stage, but if is the direction that games will go, well .. we're about to enter the matrix I guess.