Vulkon Convention 2002

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by stacey113, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Fandomenace, Ft. Lauderdale's Fanforce chapter would like to invite any Fanforce members and nonmembers alike to join us at the Ft.Lauderdale Airport Sheraton hotel for the Vulkon sci-fi Convention. The convention will be Friday January 11, 2002 to Sunday January 13, 2002. We will be showcasing our fanclub by dressing up as our roleplay characters and putting on a Cantina based on the one in Star Wars. We would love to see everyone there! Please check the Vulkon website for details www.vulkon.com
  2. Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan to be there,

Will your people have a booth, or will they be milling around like a herd of nerf's?
  3. Zanatos_Soldat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well some of us have had booths in the past but usaly right now we just scatter around. But it is not hard to spot us, including me, I wear an armor looking outfit with a long cloak and a rifle-blaster. The costume is navy-blue and the other members are not hard to spot either. So can't wait to see you there....Hmmm I was thinking. If you are thinking of joining the group why don't you give us a little show for us..you know at least dress like your character and come up to us in-character. That way it will be a little show for others....But if you can't dress up that is ok, I was just merly giving a suggestion. But off to the wars I go....see you there!
  4. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Sinlock, Let me tell you about our plans. My friend Zanatos is not privy to all the activities we have planned. As i have posted other places on this board we will have a separate room where we are setting up a Cantina area. There will be music, Star Wars games(both video and board)and a Bar area. Unfortunately the promoters of the con have forbidden alcohol in the cantina due to liability concerns, but we plan to have one hell of a blast. As Zanatos mentioned we will be in costume on saturday. It should be easy to find us. I will be the felinoid character with a tail. I look forward to meeting you.
  5. DarthTeufel Jedi Padawan

I'll try to be there, but alas no costume has I.... All I got is this cool prop replica. I'll probally go and try to find you guys. Plus I live like 2 mins from there so it should be cool
  6. Zanatos_Soldat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok so some times no one lets me know about everything is going on in the FANDOMENACE. It is not my fault that you guys never get to me all the time. I try and make with what I can give for now. But she does have a good point about what is going on. So see you both there!
  7. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I really wish I could have been at the convention this weekend.

How did it go?
  8. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone, to answer Minacia's question, it could have been better. The guests were cool, especially Virginia Hey and Nana Visitor. Nana's presentation/question session was for me the highlight of the weekend. Unfortunately here in South Florida we are experiencing a sharp decline in folks wanting to come out and spend money on
    sci-fi. In my opinion, the prices charged for admission and star autographs was a bit high. All that being said, the con was a success for The Fandomenace. We had our Cantina setup and there were a few people that filtered in to check us out or just hang out & play video games. We also were able to recruit 4 or 5 possible new members. The members of the Fandomenace dressed up as our roleplay characters including our youngest member who is only 7 months old. She won the costume contest for the kids division dressed as a baby Padawan. Her daddy, Axton Tredway did us proud by winning first place for the adults in his wonderful Jedi outfit. Senator C'osk Do'sine also won a trophy, claiming the Promoter's Award. Special Congratulations go out to Riachia Windsight, who did a fabulous job sewing and putting together most of our costumes. She deserves the trophies as much as the winners do. I will be posting another thread with a complete wrapup by our president, Ch'det Piavra. Stay tuned
  9. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Did you guys get any pictures of your costumes? I would like to see how all of you looked. :)

EDIT: Corrected typo.
  10. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we did take lots of pictures. They are being processed now and we should have them in a few days. I am looking forward to seeing one pic of one of our junior members with Virginia Hey. He is only 3 and he just wandered up on stage with her. She was very gracious and made lots of positive comments about how cute he is and so on. Our only disappointment in the photo dept was that we didn't get a pic of the baby, Kira with Nana Visitor. We do have a shot of Nana's reaction to finding out the baby's name. At this time Axton and I are trying to get our webpage back up so we can post all the photos and all our club news.
  11. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Let me know when you get the pictures up. I'd love to see them. :)
  12. Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I was not there,

I had my costume all ready. (All 14 pounds) About 3 hours before I was going to leave to go there. I got called into work at there airport. (long story) So when I got out 11 hours later. I was not up to going. I also smelled like a wet Bantha. But let me know when you all are going get togeather.

Stacey113,
    If you need someone to host pic's of last weekend. Send me an E-mail at Sinlock777@yahoo.com I'll put up a few on my site.
  13. Oolan Jedi Knight

There is a picture of I and the Senator online at www.uss-blackstar.com on page two of the photos. I will inform you when others are processed. I regret the delay.
  14. Oolan Jedi Knight

There is a picture of I and the Senator online at www.uss-blackstar.com on page two of the photos. I will inform you when others are processed. I regret the delay.
  15. Oolan Jedi Knight

16. Oolan Jedi Knight

I earnestly apologize for the multiple identical comments. I needed Beenca as the system was malfunctioning.
    sincerely
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.