main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Vulnerability (Kyp/Sanar vignette; please R&R!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Vulnerability
    By Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Disclaimer
    : I own Sanar Klis, the rest of the Klis family, Gantik, Na'Lein'yhpaon and Horaire; please ask before you use them. George Lucas own Kyp Durron, the GFFA and galactic events, including Carida. I'm not making any money off of this - it is solely for my own enjoyment. Please don't sue.
    Summary: During the days, she nurses her bitterness, and he tries to ignore what he cannot have. But the night can reveal surprising revelations?and hopes for the future.
    Keywords: Sanar Klis, Kyp Durron, Clayra Klis, drama, angst, romance

----

It was dark out - always dark, or so it seemed. Sanar supposed she should have flipped on the light, but her hand stayed where it was, tracing the printed images on the shiny paper. That picture - that was Clayra, with her fair innocence, unaware of the blood some might say was on her hands. Then this one - Sanar's father, cheery, but with worry lines that a ten-year-old daughter hadn't been able to pick up, no matter her strength in the Force.

Two people - Sanar's real family, the one that had stuck with her. Jarran Klis, with his dark hair and colour; Clayra, with her almost-white hair, and her timid blue eyes. Sanar had given up much to make sure their life - or their memory, in the case of Jarran - was protected and remembered.

On the flip side of the past-image book, a delicate looking woman gave a quavery smile, and a dark teenager smirked. Caesarea and Devnos - the ones who Sanar hadn't expected would need harbour, but who had still fallen, or failed, amongst the challenges that the Klis family hadn't been prepared for.

Sanar sighed, and began to close the photo book. A large, calloused hand stopped the motion. "What do you want, Durron?" she snapped, flipping her hair as she looked up.

He hesitated, well-aware of her temper could flare up and attack him when she was fighting down the vulnerability he could sense through the Force, and see on her face. "Is this them?" he asked carefully, looking over her shoulder.

To his surprise, she deflated, and small tears began to pool in her eyes. "Yeah - my mom - " she pointed to the delicate, middle-aged woman, "and Devnos." She gestured to the black haired, olive-skinned teen.

Though feeling off-balance at her unexpected surrender, he moved around the couch, and sat next to her. "May I see?" he asked.

She stared at the book for a moment, then thrust it into his hands. "Yeah. Whatever. I don't care," she added, some of her old defiance returning.

He studied first Sanar's mother, then her brother. "She looks like a bird," he muttered finally, "and he's not much better off."

Sanar stared at him, then smiled tentatively - an adverb Kyp had never before associated with anything Sanar did. "Mama always reminded me of a phala-lei when I was a kid. It's a small bird that shakes everytime the air speeds up even a little," she explained quickly.

"Huh," was his only comment.

"But Devnos," she continued, sounding a little strangled at the memory of her brother, "Well - he's more of an yfx - that's this bird of prey - really smart, but cruel, and - " She stopped, and swallowed hard. "I mean - "

"It's okay, Sanar," he murmured, reaching out for her hands, which she was twisting in her lap. "It's alright."

For some reason, the small gesture of kindness caused tears to leak down her face. She fisted them away, but the sheen remained. "No, it's not." She paused, and brought her knees up to her chest as she leaned against the back of the seat. "I can't feel Clayra anymore."

The tears she spilled suddenly made sense. "Sanar, I - " Words failed him, and all that further escaped him was a curse.

She grabbed the photo book back from him, and stared hard at the image of the little blond girl. "What if - what if he got to her and - this is my fault," she whispered, the picture blurring in front of her. "I should have done something?should have gotten her away from him?"

The shame that painted her

2. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    Wow that was great! you kno, I always love your writing TJF! can you please go read my new one? its called Here I Am. I hope you like it! This is really really great!
    ~*SpikeLead*~

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002

can you please go read my new one? its called Here I Am.

i'll try...might take me a bit :p ;)

bump^

~TJF

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was fantastic!

6. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Wow... That was great, TJF! Perfect Kyp and Sanar. :) I kinda stayed away from your other K/S stuff ( [face_blush]) because I don't like OC/canon pairings as a rule. Heh, you sure changed my mind. :p *scampers off to read all the other K/Ss*

7. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Lt: thanks :D

06: thank you :) [face_blush]

I kinda stayed away from your other K/S stuff because I don't like OC/canon pairings as a rule.

*gasp* some loyal follower you are! :eek: ;)

*scampers off to read all the other K/Ss*

yay! the unnoticed will have company for another second... :p *wonders why she bothers to write/post what no one reads ?[face_plain]*

~TJF

8. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    words annot describe how much I loved yhat viggie... I LOVE YOU SANAR!!! I LOVE YOU KYP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RENOUNCE K/JISM FULLY IN FAVOR OF K/SISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SANAR SANAR SANAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    KS! you're back! again! :p ;)

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] :D

I RENOUNCE K/JISM FULLY IN FAVOR OF K/SISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll believe that when i see it :p

SANAR SANAR SANAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of which, i created a website, and Child of the Wind's being posted on there ;)

~TJF

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *reads hungrily*

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

IT's MUSH!!! :D

*hugs it all*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SANAR/KYP MUSHINESS!!!! LET MUSH RESOUND!!! MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH!!!!!

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!!!! :D

MINE!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[EDIT:] Sorry... [face_blush]....

11. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    yes, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush :p
    but that's also a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide scrooooolll :p fix it, please? ;)

glad you liked it, Jaid, i was beginning to wonder! :p

~TJF

12. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

KYP AND SANAR?!?!?!?
    IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP?!?!?!
    :eek:

..interesting...

The big SW thing is too have someone who hated someone else fall in love with them {ie: Luke/Mara, Han/Leia [ok, maybe it wasn't really HATE, but something close to it] Kyp/Jaina [fics and stuff], etc...}
    This is apparantly one of them!

I'm not always *cough* interested *cough* in original characters, but you develop Sanar perfectly!
    And she does seem alot like Jaina... so I guess it's safe to like her... ;)

Glad you chose to post this fanfic!

~*~*~

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    KYP AND SANAR?!?!?!?
    IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP?!?!?!

that's what i said! [face_laugh] but Jaid and KS kept bugging me, and BUGGING me, so i thought i'd put up some stuff to keep them happy, while i stewed over whether or not it was even remotely possible :p

..interesting...

to say the least :p

The big SW thing is too have someone who hated someone else fall in love with them.
    This is apparantly one of them!

*sighs and rolls eyes* apparently...honestly, i was blindsided by this one :p i can only really write it from kyp's pov at the moment...

I'm not always *cough* interested *cough* in original characters, but you develop Sanar perfectly!

aw...thanks :D she wrote herself :p *mumbles* bossy little...

And she does seem alot like Jaina... so I guess it's safe to like her...

eh...comme ci, comme ca [face_plain]

~TJF

14. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Jaid and KS kept bugging me, and BUGGING me

Yep!! :D And see how well it worked out?? :D

K/S Beautifulness Everywhere!! [face_love] :D [face_blush]

Besides, we were polite about it. Mostly...

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *cough* mostly :p ;)

bump^

~TJF

16. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003

We're still little angel's, TJF... :p I'll even go find halo's to prove it!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.