Sac, CA Vunderkahn 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    So let's talk about Wonder*Con...

I know, I know.

Everyone wants me to go to C4. However, I'm currently looking at things regarding Wondercon, this March. I was absent last meeting (work sucks!) so I don't know if this was discussed. These are the details I've got so far...

March 2nd-4th, 2007.

The Downtown Marriot, where we stayed last time is offering rooms at like $289 a night, starting Thursday March 1-Sunday March 4.

However, WC's official hotel this year is The Argent Hotel, which is about two blocks from Moscone South and WC. Rates are $159/night (single or double occupancy), $184/night (triple occupancy) and $209/night (quad occupancy).

Entrance fee info:
    You can pre-register now for WonderCon 2007 and save money! The event, one of the fastest-growing conventions in the country, is March 2-4 at Moscone Center South in San Francisco. This year, WonderCon introduces new membership categories and prices that will save you even more money if you register in advance!

An Adult (18 and over) 3-Day membership is $30.00 online and in stores, a savings of $10.00 over the $40.00 onsite price! This year, WonderCon introduces a special Junior/Senior price (Junior is 12-17 years old, Senior 60+). The 3-Day Junior/Senior membership is $15.00 in advance ($20.00 onsite). Adult 1-Day memberships for Friday, March 2 and Saturday, March 3 are $12.00 in advance ($15.00 onsite) and Junior/Senior memberships for the same days are $6.00 in advance ($8.00 onsite). And for the first time, WonderCon offers a special Sunday price: $10.00 for Adults and $5.00 for Juniors/Seniors. Children 11 and under are free with a PAID adult membership.
  2. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and those of you who remember "Cyber Ghost" - my friend who came with us last year - she is considering going again. Apparently we didn't do a good enough job scaring her off. She might be interested in splitting a room, but right now we're trying to find out who's going and when.

Not like it's 4 months away or anything. XD

-TJ
  3. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  4. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As with all the other cons this year, WonderCon is a maybe for me. I may just go for one day, due to my obligations to a certain feathered terror. I do love this con, it's growing by leaps and bounds every year and it's within driving distance!
  5. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    It really is, and with all the stuff that's going on with my life right now it's about all I can reasonable hope on going to. I know it's a long time away, and that there are other events overshadowing it, but it'd make me happy if I knew who was planning on going and who I might be able to grab a room with.

-TJ
  6. TheHouseofM Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's all this talk about C4? Should we really be talking about explosives in here?

7. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    No comments from the peanut gallery! [face_laugh]

-TJ
  8. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry Teejer

Can't really confirm going or not at this time, but I think I'll be there for one day, perhaps spending a night.
  9. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Is ok. I know no one wants to talk about what I care about. :_|

Nobody wuvs me. :p

-TJ [face_whistling]
  10. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    TJ, if the Dikum family can afford to attend, it will probably be a 1 day venture on Saturday. We have 2 major trips in 2007, so budget will be extremely tight.
  11. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's kind of what it sounds like for everyone on the money front. :oops:

I'd go to Celebration, but I just don't think I could afford it. Wonder*Con is just much closer and a little shorter, which will require less time off from work and be more likely to be granted being in a 'low traffic' time of the year for vacations.

-TJ
  12. TheHouseofM Jedi Knight

star 1
    All in all I don't think I'm going to C4 at this point. Too much money too many other plans on the slate for 2007...including *GASP* my first real vacation in nearly a decade...BUT WHAT WILL IN WEAR?!

My trips to any cons this year might be one day hit and runs as it is.

Pimpin aint easy...that's why I work here.
  13. Tev_Torbek Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok now you've given me a reason to bring my costume home w me when i come next month, not sure how long I'll be in Calif but if I'm still there, I'll go to Wonder Con.
  14. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ...only 2 months away...

-TJ
  15. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I may just go on Saturday for the day. I don't want to miss one of our local major cons.
  16. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we'll be discussing this on Saturday, but are we having a table here or are we saving our strength for C-4?
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think they're still accepting applications for exhibitors, but I'm not sure if you guys can get a table next to the other SW clubs. But it depends how full (or not) it is already.
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    For the SVRF members coming down here, is there interest in hitting the 80's club on Thursday that week again?
  19. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as I know, I'm the only one seriously considering going all 3 days. Was this discussed at all at the meeting?

-TJ
  20. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, TJ. In fact, we bantered about which weekend it was scheduled. Some of us could not remember. [face_blush]

It sounds like several people may be interested in attending for 1 day (Saturday). The most our family could afford at this time is a one day road trip. In fact, some are talking about getting a carpool together. More to come.
  21. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4

i'm also considering 3 days.
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not sure if any of you receive the WonderCon newsletter update in the mail, but here are the "Star Wars" guests (so far): Ray Park, Daniel Logan, Peter Mayhew, and Bonnie Piesse. It looks like the Rebel Legion photo shoot may take place at 12 noon. I was thinking of meeting at the SFFF table, and marching up to the stairs in front of the carousel.
  23. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds good. I will be there for the photoshoot. Also Jedhead, who all is going to the club Thursday night?
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, last year, there were about 7-8 of us from the SFFF, and about 5-6 of you guys, I think. :confused:
  25. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    So far, it only sounds like AJ and I are even talking about going all 3 days... =/

-TJ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.