main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA WA CR Vote

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    PM your vote for the new WA CR with the subject WA City Rep Vote.

Candidates:

Stinky_Jawa
    Kartynm
    Fallen_Angel

Ends: one week from this message. :)

2. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Just a couple of questions... Can the nominated people vote? Can they vote for themselves if they can't decide between the three? Umm... I had one more but I can't think of it now... So yeah, just those questions... :)

EDIT: Oh, and another thing... With the new members that have been coming in, they get to have their vote too, but how do they know who they are voting for? I mean, I have met both Stinky_Jawa and Kartanym but most of the newer members wouldn't have. Will this affect the vote? Although, I suppose it isn't compulsory to vote. *shrugs* ?[face_plain]

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't know if we really could restrict the votes apart from restricting it to WA people. It's hard to tell who's new and who's not since some people who have just started posting may have been lurking for a while. Not sure if that answers your question. Probably not since an answer from me's not an official answer. :)

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I wasn't asking about restrictions. Just how do the new people know who they are voting for? I've met the other 2, and all the 'older' members of the boards have met all of us too... The members who have either just signed up or have been lurking around haven't... Although I don't suppose it matters much. *shrugs*

5. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes, some of us have been lurking,

I myself have been unsure if you had to have been on here a while or what in order to vote.

(To be honest, I'm not even sure what a city rep does, or is responsible for though, from lurking it just seems like a glorified snitch position)

So can complete newbies vote? Or do we actually have to know someone here?

EDIT: Actually, a thought just occured, what if all the candidates actually introduced themselves in this thread or another one?
    If nothing else, it would help us get to know the other people here :)

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Scissorhands "Actually, a thought just occured, what if all the candidates actually introduced themselves in this thread or another one?"
    What did you have in mind? We have a Bios thread which kinda introduces us. Is that what you had in mind, or would you like something more??

Welcome to the boards by they way :D Nice nick...

7. Scissorhands

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, I saw the bio thread, but I thought if you guys, (the candidates) wanted to have a speil or something, what you want out of being city rep, or something like that, then why not? :)

Mind you, any of you start with the words, "I love democracy..." and I'll just go now while I still can ;)

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I love democracy... :D [face_mischief]

9. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    no no no! I love democracy... ;)

10. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Oooo Ooo OO A new vote.. ok!

VOTED!

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm still waiting on a response to my questions... Shara? Anyone official? Care to answer the questions so I can have my vote?

12. Scissorhands

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, after reading throigh some of the threads here, I'll cast my vote on the person who seems to have done the most to explain things and make most people here feel welcome when they first arrive.

So if anyone can answer my question as to how long you have to be here before you can vote, Fallen Angel gets mine.

13. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Both new members and candidates can vote. The only restrictions are the obvious ones - out of state people/banned people/venusians, etc. ;)

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Can the candidate vote for themselves if they can't decide between the other 2?

EDIT: I just voted... :)

15. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    You can vote for anyone - if you think you'd do the best job, vote for yourself. :)

16. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    My vote on your PM

17. Scissorhands

Jul 20, 2002
    What's WA Inc? didn't our state governemnt get into a lot of trouble over that years ago?

18. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    I did an edit to my post..WA Inc is whatever you want it to be. :)

19. Scissorhands

Jul 20, 2002
    Why the edit? my post was just in response to yours "My vote for running WA Inc. ****"

I'm very sorry if you took offence to my innocent gag. Won't do it again, I promise.

20. The_Harbinger

The_Harbinger Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Tough one, but have finally voted....

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    *bump*shuffle*THUD!*

How goes the voting? I think time is running out, so if people who haven't yet voted wish to have their vote counted, please don't forget to vote...

22. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    All right, voting closed. I'll tally them now. :)

23. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    SH sorry for the late reply-I lurk here but not everyday. No offence was taken in your post the INC part was due to the supported by OR thing--kind of makes the whole board together part of WA(FF and OR)= Inc. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.