main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wait! ** First Sentence Challenge One Shot **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: Wait
    Author: Kidan
    Timeframe: Post LotF AU
    Notes: An entry for the First Sentence challenge.

[b]Wait[/b]

He held her head tenderly in his hands and everything within him was prepared to kiss her but then as he watched; she turned a sickly shade of green and promptly lost her lunch in his lap. Letting go of her head, he looks down at the mess she had made of his jumpsuit, and hears a slight thump. When he looks back at her, her head is on the table and she is lightly snoring.

Ben leans back in his seat, looking down at the mess coating his lap, when a snicker behind him, causes him to glance over his shoulder. He sees Jacen standing there, a superior smirk on his face.

?Smooth and debonair Ben.?

Ben lifts an eyebrow. ?It would?ve worked, if she hadn?t drank enough to give herself alcohol poisoning.?

?So, she should have merely drank enough to get drunk, but not enough to pass out? Is that why it would have worked??

Ben ignores Jacen?s comment and turns back around to the blonde at his table, and pats her face a couple of times. ?Hey. Hey you. Wake up.?

He is answered solely by her snores. The scuff of a chair attracts his attention, and he sees Jacen sitting at the third chair of the table. Grabbing a few napkins from the table, Ben starts wiping the mess from his lap, as Jacen snickers once again.

?Watch it Jacen, or I?ll hug you.?

?I couldn?t help but notice you called her ?you,? please tell me that you at least know her name.?

?Well??

?You were going to kiss her!?

?It?s not like I hand-waved her or anything.?

?No, you just got her drunk enough to pass out, and now since you don?t know who she is, we?ve got to stay with her until she wakes up. In fact, that seems like suitable punishment. You stay with her. I?m going to dinner.?

With that said Jacen stands up and leaves the cantina. Ben stares out the door where Jacen had disappeared, and then turns once more to the girl sleeping on the table in front of him. He brushes a wisp of the blonde hair from her face, and takes a closer look at her features.

Ben jumps when a gruff voice barks in his ear. ?We?re closing, you and your lady friend need to go elsewhere now.?

He turns to see the bartender staring at him, and Ben frowns for a second as he nods his head. Sighing, he picks the woman up and walks out the door. As soon as he steps out, he can hear the click of a manual lock from behind him. Wondering what to do, he finally makes up his mind, and begins to walk towards the hotel him and Jacen are staying at.

Entering the room, he gently lays the woman, on the bed, and goes to change out of the soiled jumpsuit, and into a pair of loose pants. Returning with a wash clothe, Ben sits beside the woman, and wipes down her face. In this light, Ben would have to guess her age at about mid way between his and Jacen?s. She?s old enough to be taken seriously, yet young enough to still be considered a girl.

A girl with a cute button of a nose.

Ben pushes that thought aside. He is a Jedi, and has no time for such attachments. Looking around for something to do, he frowns as he realizes that the room he is in, really has no entertainment amenities at all. So he decides to lie down beside the blonde and take a nap.

Moments after his head touches the pillow, he is asleep.

What feels like moments later, a scream yanks him from his slumber, and he rolls out of the bed, and falls into a defensive position. Glancing around, he sees the blonde sitting up in the bed, one hand over her mouth the other holding her head, her eyes squeezed shut from the pain of her headache.

Ben sits down on the edge of the bed facing her. ?Hi, I?m Ben. Who are you??

The blonde looks around the room twice. ?I?m Myri. How did I get here??

?I carried you from the cantina where we were drinking.?

She screws her mouth up in thought, her nose wrinkling with the movement, and Ben has to stifle back a laugh. After

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    That was a cool story

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Haha that was great! Loved it that Jacen didn't tell Ben.[face_laugh]

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You do such a good job with Ben. I always love his innocense and playfulness.

?Wait!?

Myri spins back towards Ben. ?You?ve already gotten your kiss.?

?I know, but I want to know if I can see you again.?

She lifts an eyebrow. ?You?re after another kiss??

Ben hesitates, and then nods his head once quickly. ?You know it.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] It doesn't get cuter than that. I'm just saying.

Great job Kidan.

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    G__Anakin
    That was a cool story
    Thanks!!

Alishu06
    Haha that was great! Loved it that Jacen didn't tell Ben.[face_laugh]
    Thanks! and I thought it fun that Jacen didn't tell Ben as well :)

Lola64
    You do such a good job with Ben. I always love his innocense and playfulness.
    Thanks Stalker!Girl!! I enjoy writing Ben that way as well :)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] It doesn't get cuter than that. I'm just saying.
    :D Glad you approved!

Great job Kidan.
    Thanks!!

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Nice job. I like sneaky Jacen, just not evil Jacen.

I love that Jacen didn't tell Ben, and Myri was perfect. She and her sister look to be finally coming into there own.

I guess Ben learned a lesson, and got a date out of it.

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    You got me into Ben/Myri.

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Nice job Kidan!

This was really cute.

9. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Short and cute.

I loved it!

--Jaya--

10. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    padawanlost
    Nice job. I like sneaky Jacen, just not evil Jacen.
    Thanks! As for Jacen, I don't mind Evil!Jacen...i just despise pathetic!Whiney!Jacen from early NJO...

I love that Jacen didn't tell Ben, and Myri was perfect. She and her sister look to be finally coming into there own.
    :D Aye...I had fun with that...

I guess Ben learned a lesson, and got a date out of it.
    [face_thinking] I'm not so sure about a lesson, but definitely a date...

SilSolo
    You got me into Ben/Myri.
    Great! Thanks for reading!

Kissa
    Nice job Kidan!
    Thanks!

This was really cute.
    I thought so as well

jaya_tharen
    Short and cute.
    I loved it!

Thanks!!

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Ahh...young Ben in puppy love!

LOL Moment:

It?s not like I hand-waved her or anything.?

[face_laugh]

12. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Jade_Pilot
    Ahh...young Ben in puppy love!
    aint he cute....:p

LOL Moment: It?s not like I hand-waved her or anything.?
    that has to be my favorite line in this fic as well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.