main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Wait.. What's this?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kius, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kius

Kius Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
    TORBB brings news from the front lines!

2. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Likely load testing to see if their servers are up to the challenge of handling large numbers of players.

I wonder if there will be any special ways to apply to be part of the open Beta testing, or if they'll mostly just pick from the pool of people registered on the TOR site. Considering they had well in excess of a million people (IIRC) registering their interest, probably draw from there.

3. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005

From what they have said, they are just going to continue to use their website to randomly select people. Who knows, they might end up putting in a Beta Code key thingy-mahjig in people's profiles where they can enter it if friends in the beta or media outlets give them out (similar to how Rift was giving out tons of keys in the month leading up to release of that game). I don't think this is likely by things they have said in the past but they've been known to refute things and then confirm or change things later on.

I think these September weekends might be the closest thing we get to an "open" beta. But we'll see. There has been a lot of contradicting info about if there will be a legitimate open beta, as most gamers know it.

But most people agree, these September things are most likely stress tests for the sever(s).

One interesting thing about about signing up for Beta now. The computer specifications part has been taken off the site. So now all you do is say "Yes" to the opt-in and give them your contact information, they no longer scan your computer.

I guess that might be because they have the Minimum specs listed now and the portion of game testing where they wanted certain attributes in computers must be over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.