main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

wait... why a live action series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by mrfootball, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    the clone wars are great, guys... but a live action series? i'm totally against it. if you have a bad episode, that's a blemish on star wars. as far as i'm concerned, star wars is perfect. tv is taken far more lightly than movies.

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I disagree and this thread is about the 100th of its kind.

3. Jedi_Nivek

Jedi_Nivek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I think the tv is a good idea because our younger veiwers get to understand star wars better!

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I disagree that the cartoon is good.
    Unless you like scenes that flash by and all action no dialogue.
    It is built for people with no attention span at all.

-Seldon

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It is built for people with no attention span at all.

I agree with that but I still love it! Hmmm, what does that say about my attenti...oh look! Something shiny!

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Ya and I hope it doesn't end up like Star Trek T.V. [face_sick]

And if it goes on for like 2 seasons that brings over 10 hours of SW T.V which is almost more than the movies. When I run a saga marathon I include T.V. things like Clone Wars and Droids, but this? Is almost to much. Oh well it will be cool to have a live action T.v. series anyway.

7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    if you have a bad episode, that's a blemish on star wars. as far as i'm concerned, star wars is perfect. tv is taken far more lightly than movies.

Star Wars has survived several blemishes over the years. Holiday Special? The Phantom Menace? New Jedi Order? Attack of the Clones?

It can survive a few bad episodes in a tv show (of which no series goes without with the exception of Battlestar Galactica but that only had 13 episodes anyway)... all it needs is a few good episodes and it'll rock the world (just like Buffy and Stargate)

8. Jedi_McFly

Jedi_McFly Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    I'm with ya, I'm against the live action TV series. IMO it'll end up just being cheesy and not very good. I'm all for the continuation of the Clone Wars though, but keep the animation the same, don't over do it with the 3-D, it's fine how it is.

9. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I'm happy about there being both. YEah LOST, Galactica, Buffy, Angel,FarScape, 24. All these shows are well done so can a SW show.

10. Jedi_Nivek

Jedi_Nivek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I LOVE THAT SHOW LOST!!!!

11. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    As do I.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the quality of more cinematic TV shows nowadays continues to rise and rivals most major films, not to mention allow time for longer character and plot developments.

Shows like Babylon 5, Farscape, 24, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica & Lost continue to raise the bar for quality TV- both in terms of storytelling and production values/special effects.

13. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I find BSG unwatchable (camera work, music, lame story), if WARS can hold quality like earlier TREK shows, 24 or ER it will be a major success!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.