main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia WAITING in Korea and Japan

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Hangeul_jedi, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangeul_jedi

Hangeul_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Here I am, in Korea. I found out I have to wait until July 5th to see AOTC. So, I am angry to say the least. My daughter is in tears. I promised her she could see it in May. Now I was seriously flying to Japan on a weekender so she could see it. GUESS WHAT? It is released in Japan on July 16th! So, I feel betrayed. So do the over 80,000 U.S. Armed Forces personell stationed here. And of course, their families. (100,000+). And, what about the tens of thousands of English teachers? AND, what about those in Japan for that matter. The fact is, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WESTERNERS HAVE TO WAIT. Why? It was released in Thailand and the Phillipenes on May 16th, like the rest of the world pretty much. Why not Korea or Japan? Damn you Lucas! I have spend THOUSANDS of dollars on your lousy merchandise. NEVER AGAIN! Now we have to put up with Spider-Man (which by the way was released at the same time as it was in North America). You TRULY know how to piss off the men and women protecting your freedom to write such stories. Are you racist? Hmm....did the film industry in Korea and Japan anger you so much that you are weilding your God-like powers? I do not know, but now I will ILLEGALLY download bootleg copies from the net at the Web Cafe and NEVER pay to see your movies again!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    You guys have the World Cup and I heard recently that this is the actual reason why AOTC was not allowed to open on May 16th.

Another reason will lies with your (and Japan's) 20th Century Fox or AOTC distributor. Wherther or not AOTC will reach a particular country will depend on wherther the country's AOTC distributor will fight to have it on time. I heard my country's Rep did that, added in with the problem of Pirated VCDs in this region so we got it on May 16th.

So STOP blaming the wrong party.

Enjoy the World Cup. [face_plain]

3. Hangeul_jedi

Hangeul_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Actually, it is not MY country. I am Canadian. Secondly, I hate soccer and do not see the relevance in the World Cup being held here. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Everyone can pay $10 to watch the show and another $6 for snacks. I'm watching it here for about $2 at a web cafe. Bye bye.

4. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Watch it on TV for free... :p

I think that you can just cross the border to any of the neibouring countries to catch AotC. Just a suggestion.
    Good luck.

5. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    A Japanese friend/ business associate of mine did the next best thing; since he was in the Philippines on a business trip the week after AOTC started its run, he watched it in a THX-equipped cinema. He's now in Japan and he's just waiting for the movie to start its run there and then he'll watch it again, but only this time he'll be watching it in a digital cinema - just like how George Lucas originally wanted AOTC to be seen. He told me he was gonna tell me the difference watching AOTC on two very different formats was like. Lucky bastard. :D

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, the important thing is, make do.

If you can't see it so soon in your country and is an Expertiate, fly off to the nearest country showing AOTC. All around Korea and Japan; Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Philippines gotten it on time and they are not that far away.

Use your Brain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.