Waiting to see if anyone cares...

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by otisdodge, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone is welcome whenever they can get here.

LOTR 1 or 3 or something else?
  2. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Just in case any new people are interested but haven't gone back to read the whole thread.

This is a just for fun activity to get the club and friends together.
    This Saturday, August 13 we are having a pool party pot-luck and/or pizza dinner and a "drive-in" movie at my parents house. My dad has a digital projector and my parents have a light-gray brick house that takes the projection pretty well. I haven't measured it for sure, but it is about a 15 foot projection.

We have done this a few times with the club and just as a family and it is a blast! We have watched Star Wars 4 and 1 and 2 and Indiana Jones. Other things that have been on the table for consideration are Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter movies. We could still watch Star Wars 5 and 6 or anything else--although since I am hosting this I will say that we are not considering R or Horror movies--this is a family friendly event.

If you are coming, please PM me and let me know what you can bring and if you can bring money for pizza/what kind/whether or not you are interested in that and any movie suggestions and I will PM you directions if you need.
  3. kellrob Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello All! This is Kelly from SMT Memphis. Robert and I are coming over to ya'lls movie night this Saturday. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Can't wait!

Kelly
  4. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohhh RotK would be great! Especially the extended version! :D
  5. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Master

star 3
    I have all the LOTR extended versions and can bring which ever ones unless someone else wants to bring them. Though I wont be able to be there till 8:15 or so, I can always drop it by early at Jacob's house if needed. Just let me know
  6. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all the LOTR Ext. No worries. If ROTK is what people want, we can do that.

Are you coming, Denise? Good--what kind of pizza do you want?

What about you, Caleb--haven't heard what kind of pizza you want either.

Sorry I haven't PM'd directions to anybody yet. I will tonight.

Still waiting for PMs. I hope to see you all.
  7. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sure I'll be there :D

Ham, mushroom and cheese is my norm of pizza. Yeah lil on the strange side ;) but I'm willing to go halves with somebody if they want. Unless there are others who like it like that :)
  8. ForceConduit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Otisdodge!! Dude you know I'll be there! Probably be with Kynstar and Hyperspace. I'll bring money for the pizza. ROTK extended sounds great.

See you there!![face_dancing] [face_batting]
  9. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Master

star 3
    Ill eat any kind of pizza as long as it isnt anchovies or pineapple. so yeah with the suggestions we have been having im good with anything you guys decide on, maybe we should get 1 of a couple kinds like supreme, meat lovers etc... cant wait till the movie on saturday

caleb
  10. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not picky about my pizza either. If I see something I don't like on it, I can always pick it off.
  11. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    i am coming with the kids. they love cheese. i like ham and mushroom. i like supreme but not meat lover. i am about to make the cake.
  12. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay! Looking forward to tonight! Hope everyone can make it! If you decide to come last minute, PM me for directions. I will try to remember to check the internet every couple of hours.

When you come, just come through the gate at the back of the driveway straight into the backyard.

cya soon!!!
  13. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hope you guys have fun. Sorry but the wife thinks because we sold the house this week we need to move out of it. So I will be moving again this weekend. You never know how much stuff ya got till ya move.
  14. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Whoa! I thought you guys just moved into a new house!
  15. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    They did. They just haven't finished moving out of the old one.

Missed you and them and others last night. But we had our best showing yet. There were actually enough of us that we probably should have had seating on the lawn instead of/or in addition to the deck. Lisa's husband Danny actually sat down by the pool. I hope he wasn't offended that I didn't join him. I was going to go down there but they left early and I didn't get the chance.

THAT IS THE WAY TO WATCH MOVIES!!! I LOVE IT! Thank you everyone who came and participated. It was a great success! I hope everyone got home safely and had a good rest last night. Don't be too grumpy today and make all your friends and/or family resent our little party!!! ;)

I will post pictures of Lisa's Darth Vader cake later. It was awesome. Very detailed. I would have done much broader strokes myself, so I was duly impressed.

I would like to plan another in a month or so, but I need to wait until my Mom is in a better mood. ;)
  16. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was a blast otisdodge! I had fun! :D And the cake was delicious!!
    Thanks to Hyperspace_Police for bringing the speakers! Hope your travel this week goes well!

Can't wait for the next get together! :D
  17. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for letting us all come over, it was fun!! Hope we do it again soon.
  18. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So when should we do the next one? My schedule seems to be getting pretty hectic so maybe one for Sept/Oct. would be good. I am planning on going to the Memphis one in October and TimmyCon, so what about early October-->the first? Or we could think about September 17 or 24. I am not sure I am going to plan on going to Memphis on Sept. 24. October 8 is my anniversary, so that is a no-go. I suppose we could also do Oct 15. I need to talk to my family about dates, but I thought I would open it up for discussion here, too.

Bacon mentioned that they hadn't seen Ghostbusters or Gremlins. I think these are essential elements of our culture, especially for those of us who grew up in the 80's, so I was thinking they would be great for a Halloween theme double feature. By then we should be able to start movies earlier and thereby fit two in.

Others I thought would be fun are Young FRAHNKENSHTEEN ;) and Airplane! Another movie night idea I was toying with was a Rock Concert theme: Blue Man Group, Bon Jovi and U2 come to mind.

I have too many ideas--maybe one isn't enough after all! :D

I also want to remind everyone, or invite if you don't already feel invited to TimmyCon! and the SAGA camp out with the Memphis FanForce. TimmyCon is the last Saturday in October and is our very own mini Toys and Comics convention held in conjunction with the Mid-South Cartoonists Association and Nightmarez haunted house in Bartlett, Tennessee. The SAGA camp out is going to be a Friday through Sunday affair on the property of the grandparents of one of the Memphis members where they will set up the TiMAX screen and watch Star Wars 1-3 on Friday night and 4-6 on Saturday night--probably in November.

19. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Master

star 3

Heh I was born in the 80s does that count?
  20. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    da dahdah dah dah
    who ya gonna call???
  21. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Jacob
    I have Woodbadge training (cub scouts) on September 16-18 So, maybe not that weeekend...The second weekend of Woodbadge is Oct 7-9, which is your anniversary...so that ones not a problem. So, anything other than that is good for me. Are you going to Memphis this month?
    Later[face_pig]
  22. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So what do y'all think about the movies I was thinking of?

Let's tentatively plan on the first of October.
  23. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, as most of the movies you mentioned were mentioned because bacon hasn't seen them, and seeing as I am bacon...Well, maybe turkey bacon...Any of them sound good.
    Later
    [face_pig]
  24. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
  25. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So I am still planning on doing this at 7 on October 1st! Let's get planning!

If there are no objections I think we should do a double feature of Ghostbusters and Gremlins (anybody have Gremlins?).

To BBQ or not to BBQ?

Any other business?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.