Ark Waiting to see if anyone cares...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Welcome Cathie
    You are more than welcome. The more the merrier. Are you here visiting family? or something like that
    Feel free to join us in any activity. We love to meet mew folks.
    Later
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Arkansas is my native home and my kids still attend school there.. I am in Arkansas several times a year.. this particular visit is for Halloween and Parent-teacher conference.
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    not sure about Hastings.. where is it exactly? I am using my mom's car.. If the time is right and she does not mind.. then yes.
  4. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hastings is on Main Street in Jacksonville not too far from Arby's and Wendy's. :)

Welcome indeed, if even for a lil while :D
  5. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Looking forward to meeting you :) Cathie

kynstar I'm chasing you around the boards this afternoon...:D

Later
    [face_cowboy]
  6. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Cathie, if anything it looks like you can follow our line of cars to where we're going. CONVOOOOOY!
  7. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5

[Obi's_voice]"Oh dear!"[/Obi's_voice]

[face_laugh] Not a problem at all, m'Lady!
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    convoy.. you should probably be warned I wrecked my car a few weeks ago... I got a ticket for failing to stop in time to avoid an accident.. drove right under a Toyota Tocoma. Quite a feat in fact.:rolleyes: [face_whistling]
  9. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Eeek! That sounded awful! I take it everything turned out ok, right? I mean you are all right? Wow... takes another meaning to the word 'going under' eh? ;)
  10. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yes.. I am fine.. the car still runs.. but looks rather like a smashed moon crater on the whole front end. I got lucky that is for sure.. if I had not slowed down the bed of his truck might have plowed through the windshield and into me. I am going to traffic school some time in the near future.. so it won't be on my traffic record.. and my insurance is feeling very generous and lenient since I have not had a wreck since my early twenties.. and here I am at age old 38 :eek: I guess when I finally decided to do.. I did it darn good!
  11. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow you definitely was lucky then! That's cool that you'll be able to get that so it won't get on your record :)
  12. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    R U still planning on showing ROTS on Tuesday?
    Directions??
    Just curious.
    [face_pig]
  13. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all! Sorry I am not on the net much right now! Revenge of the Sith is still playing in my backyard tommorrow night. I am PMing directions to everyone as we speak. All are welcome, especially out-of-town gests, Cathie.

CU2nite and tomorrow night at SITH AT SIX!!! :D
  14. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Appreciate those who came out. It was a beautiful night. The first projection on my new house was very successful--I daresay the picture was better than on my parents', if a bit smaller... :D

We missed the rest of you.

Should we do one more before it gets REALLY COLD?
  15. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Enjoyed the Sith showing on your new backyard "screen" (Even in the ride down into your backyard was rather scarry....)
    Perhaps soon I can just walk down like a normal person.
    If you showed another flick on the wall, I would come (if I wasn't busy or something....) So, I say go for it...
    But don't know how everyone else feels...
    Later
    [face_pig]
  16. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    My apologies.. things do not ever seem to work out as I want them too when in Arkansas.. my mom needed the car to teach her adult education class on tuesday night.. so I was not able to drive to little rock.. the kids were even more upset than I was.. they were looking forward to meeting more star wars minded folks. I will be back sometime in the next three months.. this time for about two weeks.. so hopefully that will be around the time of a gathering.. and I will make a point to get a rental car to come and hang out with everyone if that is what it takes. Hope everyone had a lot of fun.
  17. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    That's okay, Cathie. Hope to see you next time you are here.

Soooo, who'd be interested in a Harry Potter double feature this weekend to get ready for next week?

Wish the weather would be like today and tomorrow on Friday and Saturday, but we can still bundle up. Shouldn't be as cold as it was last time. Weather.com says a low of 54 on Saturday.

I was thinking HP1+3. And I got a grill, so we can do Brats or something! :D
  18. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sounds great, but I'll be out of town with Kynstar...So, we can't make this one.

Sorry bout that.
    Bacon
  19. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it is not likely to happen if no-one else pipes up.
  20. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, Jacob, can't make it. :( I've gotta major project worth 1/3 of my final grade due Sunday. Like an idiot, I haven't started it yet due to an ever-growing addiction to fan fiction. [face_blush] Anyone know where I can find a FFA (Fan fiction anonymous) meeting?:_|
  21. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    k, this ain't hap'nin'. If we have another Indian Summer, maybe we'll throw something together--otherwise it may be 'til Spring...
  22. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So what movies should we do this year? How often should we do it? I don't anticipate actually having one until late March or April, but I thought I'd bring it up for brainstorming purposes.
  23. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, I could say we coud do anything I haven't seen....But, that opens a giant can of worms....

(althought my pop culture education has improved.)

I'd say how often would depend on you and yours...(since you're hosting...)

[face_pig]
  24. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I ONCE SHOWED A 16MM PRINT OF THE MAKING OF STAR WARS (HOSTED BY MARK HAMILL) ON THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE DURING A PARTY. EIGHT YEARS AS A CINEMA MANAGER...WHAT CAN I SAY...LOL!
  25. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.