main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Wake up and smell the Jawa! Good morning Tucson!! (v2.0)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Omg soo much to do today. Getting the kid shots for school, dealing with getting new car insurance, car stuff, dealing with my landlord, and figuring out something for dinner with my mother and brother comming over.

Though my wife made a funny this morning when I said im so tired and didn't think I would get everything done today...(in her best yoda voice)"Have many errands to run, yes... Do or do not there is no try." I thought I was gonna pee myself I laughed so hard [face_laugh] ...it may have been I wasn't fully awake either. [face_tired]

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    8-} sounded funny to me

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    That's funny James. [face_laugh]

I can't believe that fire that happened mid-town today. That was completely freaky! :eek:

All because someone probably threw a cigarette out the window. :rolleyes:

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the lines slowly blur.. and I sway.. should be in bed I should.. yes indeed.. but the screen draws me in.. draining the life from my body.. sucking the thoughts from my brain.. leaving me a lifeless edamame pod in a chair[face_tired] I-)

5. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    it is way to early for me to have any coherent thoughts [face_tired]

6. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    oh I feel ya. Sooo early...must start the brain...must fight the sleep...

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    several hours later.. I am up just now.. and starting to function.. let's see what the day brings.. a 2:00pm visit to the main library for a Harry Potter gathering for the kids. Other than that.. a slow day.. I work tonight.

8. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    $50 later I have a sinus infections and a prescription for Sithromax [face_monkey]

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hate spending money for Rx [face_devil]

10. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    Ahh the joys of doctors. I got my automated phone call yesterday from borders reminding me I preordered Harry potter and I can pick it up friday at midnight hehe. Im soo excited and I just can't hide it.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    borders and B&N are both having parties on friday night.. and I have to work.. a friend of mine is taking my kids with her to get our copies.

Rx is the noose of my existence.. :rolleyes:

I hate it

12. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    If you potter freakes g4tv.com, and attack of the show on g4, someone leaked the new movie. FYI, 'cuase I'm just that way.

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Linking to bootlegged material is against TOS ;)

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    for anyone interested.. Garth Nix a fantasy author will be at the main library on July 18th from 11am-noon. He wrote the Abhorsen series.. among other things.. he will be giving a talk and signing his books.. I am thrilled to be going.. I have to admit.. he is a children's author.. but his books like (JK Rowling's) tend to be a bit harsh for kids at times... but I enjoy his books as an adult very much.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    was excited for my daughter today.. she wore my brown jedi cloak and my professor McGonagall hat to the HP library party today and won a plastic wand for the costume contest.. it wasn't the prize as much as the happiness she had at winning.

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    That's awesome, cathie! :)

Sore throat hurts :_|

Apparently we have a new word filter.

edit it doesn't work in IGNBQuick Preview

17. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Boy, if this isn't the "perfect" way to wake up and scare the (insert appropriate word) out of you. My dog woke me up this morning at 5[face_tired] yelping at something. I got up and my cat was investigating something near the bathroom door. I turned on the light and got my glasses to see what he was checking and it was a snake! The snake slithered right towards the toilet. Guess I can be lucky I didn't find out by using said toilet. But still scared the (appropriate word) out of me. Was not prepared for that. Anyway, now that I am up that Jawa is smelling pretty good.

18. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yikes!

Snake must have been attracted to the fresh water.

19. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    Awww what kind of snake? did ya call the appropriate people to have it removed?

20. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm an appropreite person...and I can give a great home called the desert wildreness.....

21. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    It was just a little gopher snake. I caught it in a paper bag and let it go at Udall. But still scary.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    glad it was a non poisonus snake though.. I would have totally flipped out.

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    [face_laugh] Now there is a guaranteed way to wake up in the morning!

I used to be a snake wimp but now having been here for 10.5 years I'm not as afraid. I even chased one out of the pool area where I teach. It was a bull or king snake.

But you should have heard me scream the time I opened my car and found a gopher snake in it and didn't know it was a gopher snake. :eek:

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the day I find a snake anywhere near the house.. I am gonna flip out.. they are doing so much construction where I live it is unlikely though it will happen.. then again. .I live on the side of a mountain.. so you never know.

25. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Ewww snakes. I have some buckshot for them lil slithery bastiches.

As for the coffiee....MMmmm Frapachino w/shot of espresso, and a Boston Creme.

That will wake you up in the mornin' boy'o...(and girl'o) :rolleyes: