main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Wake up and smell the Jawa! Good morning Tucson!! (v2.0)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Jun 21, 2005.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    hahaha, I like my coffee like I like my women; sweet, hot, strong, and... never mind, I'm going to get myself in trouble.

Yea, Don't you get your Jawa juice with chunks? I think they are using immitation Bantha in it now though since the cold snap of '04 drove the prices of Bantha through the roof.

2. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Remind me not to let James date my sister.

:)

3. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Well in my univerrs dating is not an option...theres other options but they are so hard to find.

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    <snip> Well in my universe dating is not an option...theres other options but they are so hard to find. <snip>

Huh?

5. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    [face_talk_hand] I don't wannna know :p

OK, having muscle spasms. Bleh!

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    late on the comment!! but JM ugh!! and Hal ugh!! you two were in fine form this past week [face_alien_1]

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I'm going to toot my horn.

I just wrote a one post fanfic. The link is in my sig.

Please read it, please [face_praying] :p

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    very nice. just read it. painful.. but well executed and styled, felt my heart hurt once again.

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Thanks. My writing tends to be angstful. Nothing to do with the writer :p

10. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Speaking of tooting my horn. You guys should go out and buy U of A Football Season Tickets. Don't come for the football, come for the band. I am a member of the Pride of Arizona Marching Band and we are performing, for your halftime entertainment, the music of Led Zeppelin. Some of the songs we are performing are "Good Times, Bad Times" "The Ocean" "Heartbreaker" "Black Dog" "Rock and Roll" "Achilles Last Stand" and who can't do a Zeppelin show without the ever popular "Stairway to Heaven". We have been practicing all week on this show, and the results are amazing. So come support the Pride of Arizona and cheer the U of A to a Bowl Game.

P.S. - Thanks Jada for giving me that great pun to work off of.;)

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not to show how seldom I watch football.. but when are our games? Also.. do you do any concerts.. or is it solely a marching band?

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    WOW! Quite good. Very insightful. I really liked it.

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004

Please tell me you'll be doing a concert sometime. I hate football. But I'd go just to hear the songs of Led Zep. I'm a total Zep head.

Tooting your own horn. :p

Thank hal for the feedback. :D

14. Trampled_Underfoot

Trampled_Underfoot Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    I think you've forgotten a very good Zeppelin song. [face_plain] :p

15. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    The Game Days are:

September 10, 17
    October 15, 22
    November 5, 12

We have one big performance on November 19 at Band Day. I recommend coming at night because the sun isn't out.

We are also performing at the 4th Avenue Music Festival on September 24th, but I doubt we will be performing all of our Zeppelin Music by then. That's about it for our performances.

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Tim, I'll try to make it to one.

Oi I just can't stay awake today!

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we live about a mile or less from the congress/I10 bridge. What a sight to behold this afternoon when the DRY river bed was cresting onto the bike path!! I feel like I'm living in Arkansas again.

For now to the kitchen I go.. canning time.. prickly pear season is upon us and I am a domesticate :eek:

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey all, I just wanted to mention that a new Global Support Administrator for the Fan Force boards was named. You can read and say hi to him here :)

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  20. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    My prayers have been awnsered!! Coffee for everyone!!! [face_coffee]
    Now only if I convince my sensei to allow coffee in the dojo...this article might be the straw that broke the camels back...(insert evil laugh here) [face_devil]

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Antioxidents are good for the body. A strong body makes for a strong warrior. Coffee contains antioxidents. Therefore, in order to be a strong warrior one must drink coffee!

[face_clown]

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. ya'll have a good night's rest.. I am on my way to work.. where I plan on telling everyone I wait on that Monday we are having a huge fund drive for Katrina Victims! Will talk to everyone tomorrow.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm posting this here so that I don't keep bogging up our planning thread for monday.. but this is a very recent story.. just in the last hour.. so sad.. that doctors have only the media to turn to for help..

National News from The Associated Press

Doctors at Two New Orleans Hospitals Plead for Rescue, Saying They Are Nearly Out of Food, Power

09-01-2005 8:17 PM
    By MARILYNN MARCHIONE, AP Medical Writer

Doctors at two desperately crippled hospitals in New Orleans called The Associated Press Thursday morning pleading for rescue, saying they were nearly out of food and power and had been forced to move patients to higher floors to escape looters.

"We have been trying to call the mayor's office, we have been trying to call the governor's office ... we have tried to use any inside pressure we can. We are turning to you. Please help us," said Dr. Norman McSwain, chief of trauma surgery at Charity Hospital, the larger of two public hospitals.

Charity Hospital is across the street from Tulane University Medical Center, a private facility that has almost completed evacuating more than 1,000 patients and family members, he said.

No such public resources are available for Charity, which has about 250 patients, or University Hospital several blocks away, which has about 110 patients. Tulane's heliport is available if patients from the public hospitals could be brought there, McSwain said.

"We need coordinated help from the government," he said.

Late Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Surgeon General's office told the AP that five private helicopters had been secured to start taking patients out of Charity Hospital. Efforts to get more information from Charity or University hospitals late in the day were unsuccessful because phone lines previously reachable were jammed.

Later Thursday, one of the hospital's doctors told CNN that a sniper had opened fire outside Charity as National Guard vehicles prepared to evacuate patients. After waiting all day, hospital officials loaded some people onto boats, but some were returning because transportation anticipated at higher ground wasn't available, according to Dr. Ruth Berggren.

Doctors worked especially hard to evacuate one patient who was gravely ill.

"He was sitting on that boat that came back, leaning over the edge and vomiting, and my heart just breaks for him because I think he just feels terrible," Berggren told CNN.

Elsewhere, helicopters hauled hundreds of patients from other New Orleans-area hospitals Thursday, but more than 1,000 people still awaited rescue.

Helicopter crews evacuated 400 to 600 patients Thursday, but 1,000 or 1,500 others remained, said Richard Zuschlag, president and CEO of Acadian Ambulance Service.

Earlier, McSwain described horrific conditions in his hospital.

"There is no food in Charity Hospital. They're eating fruit bowl punch and that's all they've got to eat. There's minimal water," McSwain said.

"Most of their power is out. Much of the hospital is dark. The ICU (intensive care unit) is on the 12th floor, so the physicians and nurses are having to walk up floors to see the patients."

Dr. Lee Hamm, chairman of medicine at Tulane University, said he took a canoe from there to the two public hospitals, where he also works, to check conditions.

"The physicians and nurses are doing an incredible job, but there are patients laying on stretchers on the floor, the halls were dark, the stairwells are dark. Of course, there's no elevators. There's no communication with the outside world," he said.

"We're afraid that somehow these two hospitals have been left off ... that somehow somebody has either forgotten it or ignored it or something, because there is no evidence anything is being done."

Hamm said there was relief Wednesday as word traveled throughout University Hospital that the National Guard was coming to evacuate them, but the rescue never materialized.

"You can imagine how demoralizing that was," he said.

Throughout New Orleans, the death, destruction and depravity deepened ev

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    pickled beets and coca cola!!! what a snack!!![face_dancing]

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    have a good night... I'm off to work once again!!