main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wake Up! The Gatherer is Spamming the JCC...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fluke_Groundwalker, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    ...and nothing is being done about it, except for the JCC mods trying to defend the crazy guy.

Explain yourselves and stop the madness known as Gatherer!

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    3 new threads does not a spammer make.

I am aware of the number of threads he has started today. I would let any, I repeat, any member start 3 threads. I would only start reprimanding at the 4th. That is my personal viewpoint, one that you have never asked me. In fact, you never really asked me anything, only spammed up one of his threads, that I already told you to stay out of.

In future, if you have issues with the JCC, bring it up with a mod. Do not spam up someones thread. Do not start accusing members or the administration of anything before you talk to any of us properly.

3. Ninja_Jedi

Ninja_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't think it's the number of threads, more like the content

4. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I haven't accused the mods of anything, Dags. Stop putting words in my mouth.

5. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Funny, because I can recall you saying we're protecting Gatherer?

And that we have to explain ourselves.

I see an accusation of bias in that.

Ninja, we're allowing people to start more diverse threads. Let them start topics on issues that might have been locked before. Let survival of the fittest reign...if a thread is well received, then great. If not, then let it sink.

If people intend to post simply to say its rubbish or spam, that isnt on. And that is what was happening in that thread.

6. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    So does this mean we can have 3 threads about whatever the hell we want, but not 4? So I can go start a thread about what breakfast I had, and then one about my lunch, and then one about my dinner, and not get in trouble? Awesome, can't wait to tell you guys about what I eat tomorrow!

7. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, so long as the threads arent redundant or against the TOS, then you can start 3 threads.

8. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Good to know .... good to know [face_mischief]

9. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I'm not seeing spam in The Gatherer's threads. The one about missing his colors does seem a bit pointless, but so are a lot of threads in JCC. The other two are normal threads. One discusses the invention of swear words. The other is an apology for the way he posted the day before. Spam? I don't see any. But that's just little me.

10. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I don't think he's spamming at all. I've seen a lot more numerous, useless threads by other people than by him.

11. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Dagzy, Windy locked one of my threads! I thought we were allowed to have 3?

12. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
  13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I'm completely baffled as to why you people think you need to do that. Why is causing problems so amusing?

14. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not sure what got into Gather yesterday, or why he was acting so strange in Lit (among other places), but I don't see a reason to emulate his actions of yesterday.

15. DarthDarkDart

DarthDarkDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2000
    Ninja, this is a serious point I want to see the mods address. Don't undermine it by spamming JCC. [face_plain]

16. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    what else is there for them to do on a Saturday night?

it's not like they have dates or anything.. 8-}

17. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    dagsy, i don't take issue with people having more freedom to start diverse threads and whatnot. what i take issue with is when mods accuse people of posting "destructively" and because they "don't like the thread".

speaking for myself only, i was simply just goofing around in gatherer's thread, yet 2 mods have tried to say that i don't like the thread and was trying to "get rid of it." sorry, but that couldn't be further from the truth. please do not tell me why i'm posting in a thread, and posting HARMLESS jokes, when you don't have any basis for knowing why i am posting.

thank you.

18. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Mitch has been repressed and is a victim of Mod HYPOCRISY. This is an outrage. Atone for your sins.

19. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    So you don't like how I'm acting? Well to bad, because acording to Dagzy I am well within my rights

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    You twisted his words, and you know it.

21. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Actually I didn't, that's the beauty of it.

22. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Posting: "I just farted" in a thread is just having fun? It wasn't meant to belittle the thread, or the thread's creator? I find that hard to believe.

And Ninja_Jedi, I'm quite sure that you posted your threads to push buttons. It's unnecessary.

23. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Guys, the problem with TheGatherer is this is not an isolated incident. He does things like this frequently. His threads are frequent, and bordering, teetering, on pointless.

If this was the first and only time he's made threads akin to this, it would be one thing. But he does this all the time.

24. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    No no no silly goose, I pushed buttons to post the threads, like the post topic one. It's not always about DRAMA, sometimes it's about opening peoples eyes to see what is going on.

25. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Like his "Enema" thread in Census. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.