main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Waking Up Skywalker (AU L/M)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Nov 13, 2012.

1. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This is hilarious!!! Could you notify me on updates , please?

AzureAngel2 and lukemaraben like this.
  2. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    This is too funny. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm especially looking forward to when Mara comes to realize her true feelings for Luke. That is going to be hilarious I'm sure. Please add me to the PMs.

3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Lol! It's pity there's no photos of drunk Luke and Mara left. [face_laugh]

4. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    [face_laugh] “Skywalker, you are walking a very fine line.” [face_laugh] Isn't he always with Mara?

This is so great! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Love Luke keeping his cool, and his dry humor. "At least we know where to find him." Hilarious!

5. Belle1214

Belle1214 Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2012
    I totally need to be on the notifications list... and you totally need to update this soon.... SO AMAZINGLY FUNNY!

6. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
  7. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
    Tribaldancer Belle1214 immertreu kataja bkwrm752003
    Thanks for the reviews everyone!
    Chapter 5​
    Before Luke could stop her, Mara was chasing after a short bald man heading towards the exit.

When Luke caught up to Mara, Mara already had the man cornered. “Do you know who I am?” She was all but yelling.

Nodding yes and scared out of his wits the man replied. “Karrde’s right hand.”

“That’s right and you and I had a business deal appointment you never showed up too.”

“Look it’s not my fault.” The man pleaded.

“Huh-ahh.”

“Really, lady….”

“Do you understand how these business deals work?” She hissed pointing a long finger at the man’s nose.

The man nodded. “Our meeting slipped my mind…I…I must have…” He continued to babble on.

“Mara…” Luke said gently pulling her away from the man. “People are starting to stare.”

Mara let Luke pull her away, watching as the short man took this opportunity to run out of the building. “Go kiss a Hutt! You, coward.” She called before turning to face Luke.

Shaking his head in amusement, Luke said. “Oh, I don’t know if I’d call him a coward, I’d be a little scared having a short-tempered former assassin threatening me.”

“That’s not your problem, Skywalker. Yours is you don’t know when to be scared.” Mara laughed as she turned and headed for the door.

“I’ve been scared plenty of times…” Luke argued following her.

Mara shook her head. “Scared men, don’t admit they’re scared.”

Luke rolled his eyes and as he fell into step with her he asked, “When do you want to check out this pawn shop?”

“It’s kinda late. Might as well get some dinner and call it a day.”

The pair found a café a block away and sat down in a corner booth.

Luke snickered as he began looking over the menu.

“Care to share what’s so funny?” Mara asked looking up from her menu.

“Nothing.” Luke mumbled shaking his head. “It’s just that we look an awful lot like a couple.” Luke said watching Mara carefully. “On a date.”

“Ohh?” Mara asked. “How many dates have you been on, Skywalker? Leia doesn’t count.” She added smirking.

“Ouch. And Leia and I never went on any dates. We were just friends.” Luke defended.

“Whatever.” She teased.

“I’ve been on a few dates.”

Mara’s interest peeked. “Do tell. Anything serious?”

“No.” Luke replied.

They had just been dates. Nothing more. Luke found that very few girls caught his attention. Not because these girls were not attractive, but that he always seemed to compare them to Mara. It was in the little things really, like her eyes are not as pretty as Mara’s, or she’s not as witty as Mara. The problem was that every date Luke had ever been on since meeting Mara she’d always been in the back of his mind; and as Luke understood the whole relationship deal, girls did not like guys thinking about other girls when dating.

“You?”

Mara let out a laugh. “Hardly. It’s all business.”

They ordered their meal a few minutes later, and after a short wait their food arrived.

“How come?” Mara asked.

After all Luke was very attractive, and Mara could not believe that no one had snatched the Jedi up yet. Knowing Luke, Mara was fairly sure he wanted a family of his own at some point. Surely there had to be a pretty, smart, Jedi girl who would be able to keep Luke out of trouble somewhere.

Luke shrugged. “Shouldn’t we be solving our problem before we discuss my love-life or the lack theirof.”

“You’re no fun.” Mara pouted.

“Remember until we solve this you’re Mrs. Skywalker. Now I’m not complaining but….” Luke let his sentence trail off.

Mara arched an eyebrow. “Are you saying you’d be ok with me as your wife?”

Luke’s eyes widened as though he just realized what he had said. “You’re not the worst choice out there.” He stammered trying to clarify. Had he really just almost admitted that he was not totally opposed to their situation? “I mean if we had to stay….”

How Mara always managed to turn the tables on him so fast Luke would never know.

He was so cute flustered, Mara had to admit. “Just remember, Farmboy, if we don’t fix this you’re explaining this to Leia…” Mara gave Luke an evil smile, “and the New Republic and Borsk Fey’lya?”

Luke paled. “That’s black mail.”

“There’s a thought. What’s for dessert?”

~​
    Mara could not deny, that she had enjoyed dinner immensely and she was well aware it had not been the food. Walking out of the café, Mara barely recalled the day’s stressful turn of events. That was until her eyes noticed a crowd gathering around a giant disturbed and agitated Hutt and a number of very nervous security personnel.

“I wonder what happened?” Luke asked.

“Someone probably tried cheating a Hutt out of money or something.” Mara shrugged.

The two began to skirt the gathering crowd when the Hutt’s booming, deep voice announced, “I do not take kindly to being kissed by short, bald perverts.”

Both Luke and Mara froze and looked at each other.

“Perhaps, as a Jedi you should offer your wisdom?” Mara offered.

Luke nodded. “I’m sure Coruscant security can handle that.” He said glancing at the enraged Hutt and shuddering at the idea of getting involved.

“That’s her!” The short bald man yelled pointing at Mara in a panic as he tried to explain to the nearest officer. “She told me to do it!”

All eyes turned to Mara.

“They’re Jedi!” Someone within the crowd yelled.

“Aww…Kriff!” Mara growled. “Not a Jedi.” She muttered.

An officer walked up to Luke and Mara. “Miss, did you tell this gentlemen to kiss this Hutt?” He asked.

“Why would I tell him to kiss a Hutt?”

The officer shrugged. “Practicing your Jedi voodoo perhaps?”

“Sir, Mara here didn’t use any Jedi voodoo.” Luke answered sounding a bit put out by the man’s terminology.

“Can you prove that?”

“No, he can’t prove that!” Mara snapped. “But I can assure you there was no use of the Force on this man.” Mara waved a hand at the client she had threatened earlier that evening. “This man kissed this Hutt out of shear stupidity.”

The officer didn’t look convinced, but seemed to grasp that pushing the matter would not be wise. “You’re sure there was no Force involved?” He asked once more.

“I’m not a Jedi. Why would I use Jedi tricks?”

“Very well.” The officer said sighing. “We’ll be in touch with any future questions.”

“Fine.” Mara said gritting her teeth. “Although I don’t know why this man just won’t apologize.” She hissed.

Suddenly the client turned to the Hutt, “I’m very sorry for my lack of judgment.”

“Apology accepted.” The Hutt boomed.

The officer who had been writing down Mara’s contact information looked around surprised. “Well, I guess that’s all. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

As soon as the security was done with Mara and Luke, they wasted no time getting an air taxi and heading back to Luke’s apartment.

“You’re sure you didn’t use the Force on that man, Mara?”

Mara glared at Luke. “Course I’m sure!” She hissed.

Luke ran a hand through his dark-blonde hair looking as flustered as the officers had. “Why did he try to kiss that Hutt anyway?”

“Not my problem.”

“It doesn’t strike you as strange though?”

“Luke, me waking up married to you is strange.”

“Yeah, it was probably nothing.” Luke nodded, but something about the whole thing still nagged at him.

~​
    Leia shook her head in frustration as she turned off the comm unit. She had tried for the fourth time trying to contact Luke, but her brother seemed intent on ignoring her calls for whatever reason.

In the other room she could hear that Han had the holo-news on and wondered if he had gotten the kids to bed yet.

Sighing, Leia got up and strolled into the other room just as the reporter was saying, “New Republic Security is saying a new spice is the reason for the current rise in smuggling. This spice is called “The Yes Potion” due to its strange ability to make people susceptible to suggestion.”

“Stang…wish I was still in the business. Those people are making bank!” Han exclaimed.

Leia shook her head amused as she sat down next to her husband.

“Any luck?” Han asked.

“No. I don’t get it.”

“Have you tried contacting him via your little twin bond thingy?”

“The Force isn’t a comm- link, Han.” Leia corrected. “And yes, but he’s blocking me.”

“Well at least you know he’s still alive.” Han said retuning his attention to the holo-screen.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    sorry. double post

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    “Well at least you know he’s still alive.” ... For now...

Great chapter. I wonder if this new spice has anything to do with Mara's new last name [face_thinking]

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] The power of suggestion is great indeed. Fun chapter!

11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Yes potion? Aaah... some light to the mystery. [face_batting] Loving this!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And [face_dancing] over the inner monologues on his and her sides. :D Yuppers, I knew he compared every other woman to Mara; like who wouldn't? I hope if it is a potion it never wears off, of course it can't since they're both smitten LOL They just have to admit it. ;)

13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Good thing Mara didn't tell the dude to go kriff himself. Very nice update.

14. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh, I see, they are ok with being married to each-other))):D

15. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I like Mara's version of blackmail: "We fix this, or you're the one who tells Leia what happened... and all of the New Republic as well."

Sounds like we might have discovered why the client skipped out on Mara. :rolleyes:

Loved the scene with Han and Leia at the end! :D

16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    So there's a new Spice on the streets?

I am curious to know if it's part of why Mara and Luke got married.

There is going to be blood no matter how you look at this. Leia is going to kill Luke for not telling her, Mara is going to kill whoever is responsible for this mess and then some,

17. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Things are getting more and more interesting. I can't wait to see how everything adds up.

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahahaahahaa so true.

Very fun update!!

19. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Haha, I absolutely love this! So they do like being married to each other. Hmm... ;)

Thanks for the update!

20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    This just keep s getting funnier! Love it! [face_laugh]

21. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
  22. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
    WeAreJedi Tribaldancer Belle1214 immertreu kataja bkwrm752003

Here's chapter six, sorry about the long wait. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for all the reveiws!

Chapter 6​

The next morning Luke and Mara left early to go find Zip’s Pawn Shop in the Coruscant lowercity.

“How do we know that this Zip’s Pawn Shop is even a real place?” Mara asked looking at all the shady looking businesses around them.

“We don’t. I couldn’t sense any deception from Trat, when he told us we were here.”

“Maybe, he didn’t know where he was either.”

“I doubt that,” Luke said pointing ahead. “I found Zip’s Pawn Shop”

Sure enough, the building Luke was pointing to had Zip’s Pawn Shop written on the front of the store, in big, blocky letters. They saw a little old woman exiting the shop, and coming their way.

“Pardon an old woman ,please, sonny,” the woman said as she bumped into Luke. “My eyes just aren’t as good as they once were.”

“Not a problem, ma’am,” Luke bent to the ground to retrieve a small package. “ You dropped this.”

Mara noticed the woman’s panicked expression, brief though it was, “Thank you, young man, for pickin’ up an old woman’s package, off the ground.” The woman said before hobbling away.

“That was strange.” Mara said as the woman faded into the distance. “Did you get a weird vibe from her?”

“A little. I wouldn’t be too suspicious, people here usually give off weird vibes.”

“You’ve been here before?” Mara asked, glancing at Luke.

“Several times. You thought that I’d never been down here before?”

“Just doesn’t seem like the place a Jedi Master would go.”

“You have an interesting idea of what Jedi do and don’t do.” Luke commented.

“Maybe it’s more my view of you. The naive good little farmboy who wakes up one day a Jedi….”

“Well, I’m not sure about the first part, but the last bit is kinda true.” Luke said as he and Mara walked into the pawnshop.

A tall thin man with long stringy hair walked out from the back room. “What can I do for you folks?” He asked. “Jewelry? Blasters? Antiques? Spice?”

Mara and Luke exchanged glances.

“Spice?” Mara asked.

“Hey, lady that’s where the money is.”

“Fine. Actually, we were wondering if you’d answer a few questions about a few nights ago?”

The man, who was most likely Zip, Mara decided, scratched his head a moment. “My memory ain’t good any more.”

“We would have bought a wedding ring.” Luke prompted.

“And apparently sold an apartment here.” Mara added bitterly.

Zip licked his lips. “I remember a couple similar to you two, hands all over each other. They looked at rings.”

“Anything else?” Mara pressed.

“You know…there was more. Very agreeable, but rather out of it, they took the first ring offered.”

“Offered how?” Luke asked. He was beginning to see an interestingly disturbing pattern.

“I suggested a ring that was all really.”

“One more question. Did the couple say where they had been before coming here?” Mara asked.

Zip rubbed his chin in thought. “Well, mix in with the smell of ale I’d say a diner somewhere.”

“Thanks.” Luke said.

As they turned to leave Mara muttered. “Great… a diner! What didn’t we do that night?”

Luke shrugged. Jedi could suggest and implant ideas in people’s minds, but it didn’t work on other Jedi. And being drunk alone wouldn’t have been enough to change that.

~​
    They arrived back at Luke’s apartment to find Han inside and sitting casually on the sofa. “Hey, Kid!” He greeted. “And, Mara,” he added upon seeing the former assassin.

“Han.” Luke said giving his friend the best smile he could. “You should have told me you were coming.”

“Kid, you’ve been kind of out of reach lately.”

“I was meaning to get back to Leia…but….”

Han raised his hands in a placating manor. “No, need to explain! I wouldn’t tell Leia either if I’d been dating behind her back.” Han gave a satisfied smirk upon seeing Luke turn red and Mara giving him a look that could kill.

“We’re not dating.” Luke stammered.

Shrugging, Han turned to Mara. “Hey, I was hoping you could tell me how to get a hold of Karrde.”

“He had some business to attend to with Lando,” Mara replied.

“Thanks, Jade. Sorry, to have interrupted.” Han said getting up and sauntering towards the door. “Play nice you two.”

As soon as Han had shown himself out Mara turned towards Luke. “You’re a pathetic liar.”

“I didn’t lie….we aren’t dating.”

“I know, but he’s convinced we are!”

Luke shrugged. “Would it be so bad if we were, Mara?” He asked.

Her mind spinning, Mara stared at him. Should she be flattered, angry, or confused? Quickly, she went to her default. “Good one. I can just see it, you and I going to see a holo together, eating dinner at a fancy restaurant, and riding on flying banthas.”

She wasn’t sure but Mara thought she detected a suppressed sadness from Luke as he nodded. “You’re right… completely impossible.”

~​
    Mara retired to her room early that night.

The whole thing was freaking her out. Staying at Luke’s. Being married to Luke. His reaction to her harsh dismissal of the idea of them together it was just too much. Mara Jade didn’t do relationships, and she didn’t plan on starting.

But as she fell asleep Mara realized that the thought that Luke and she could be something more was very appealing.

~​
    It was strange Luke realized. Being a Jedi Master he was able to sense other’s emotions and was able to read and act upon what he felt. He had sensed good in his father when no one else did. Had redeemed him even. But when it came to his own feelings he found himself at a loss.

Now, with being around Mara so much Luke found himself even more lost then usual. He liked her, yes. She had intrigued him even back on Myrkr and he considered her among his closest friends, and, yes, he could see them do all those things she said – minus the riding a flying bantha. He would respect the fact she didn’t want a closer relationship and hopefully they could continue as they had been after this whole marriage stuff was over.

~​
    “I think we’ve been here before.” Luke commented to Mara the next morning.

Luke and Mara were once again going through Coruscant’s long list of establishments, only this time they were looking through the scores of possible diners.

Mara took another bite of her breakfast as she scanned the Government Sector’s list of diners. “This is worst. We don’t even know what we are looking for. At least last time we had a slight idea of the type of places to start with.”

“The whole thing is giving me a bad feeling.” Luke said tossing another data chip aside only to grab another. “I’m thinking we did more then just have a few drinks.”
    “Jedi hunch?”

Luke shook his head no. “Not really. It’s more there being too many pieces that don’t fit with us just being drunk. Like you selling your apartment for dirt-cheap. Me buying the first ring a pawnshop owner suggests. Your client kissing a Hutt.”

“Jedi mind tricks.”

“They only work on the weak minded. Your client maybe, but you and I? Also there just aren’t that many Jedi in the galaxy. And the Jedi that there are, I’ve trained.”

“That doesn’t help our diner search.”

Luke sighed. “What’s Lando up too lately?”

“What?”

“Han just seemed very interested in what Karrde and Lando were up to.” Luke said suddenly getting up and heading over to the comm unit.

Mara groaned. “Who cares! We have a chapel to find and a marriage to get annulled as quietly as possible.”

“Call it a Jedi hunch, but I think we might be asking the wrong questions.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh yay! An update! Great job. I really hope that they don't get this fixed. This situation is just too much fun!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the udpate and the silent wishing for more by each ;) :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Luke has a point: they are asking the wrong questions..

My money is still on the new Spice.

AzureAngel2 likes this.