main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wal-Mart has Preview but won't sell!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by darkjedi, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkjedi

darkjedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    One of my friends scored this morning when he found 4 cases of preview figures at the Sand Springs/Prattville Wal-Mart. They would not ring up so the cashier call the toy manager. The toy manager said the toys are not suppose to be out until April 26!? She took them back and put them in Lay-away for him.

Oh, and hi! Glad to see you guys here.

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that someone has contacted that Wal-Mart and told that manager that the preview figures go on sale now, and the regular EP II figures are the ones that aren't supposed to go on sale until April 23rd!

3. darkjedi

darkjedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    No. The toy manager would not allow it. She's sticking to the April 23rd date.

4. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    We are talking about the EP II sneak preview figures, right? I know that some stores already have the regular EP II toy line in stock with strict rules about not allowing these toys to go on sale until April 23rd. So, the question is, are they EP II preview figures (Jango, Zam, Clone, or R2 on a green card)or are they EP II regular figures (on a blue card). Let me know, and I can take care of it. Let's just say I know how to pull Wal-Mart's strings.

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    The Tahlequah Wal-mart has slowly been placing the episode 2 toys out. Like the Lego jedi starfighter has been out here since mid-februay and we bought the Jedi Starfighter vehicle for a friend this weekend.

6. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    As of last night (Sunday, March 31st) the Wal-Mart in Tahlequah has the first wave of Episode 2 figures out available for purchase. These aren't the preview figs; these are the real things: Boba Fett, Tuskens, Shaak Ti, Captain Typho, Plo Koon, and a battledroid, and possibly some others. They also had the Crashed Snowspeeder and the TIE Bomber. Last week, they had the Hasbro Jedi Starfighter, but I bought the last one. [face_mischief]

7. Garon_Herola

Garon_Herola Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    They are out early here in Lawton. I know that tomorrow is the release date, but the managers of the stores here would not know the difference anyway.

Garon Herola

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.