main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Wal-Mart's Sith Blitz Plans

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Xyber_Hex, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Wal-Mart's Sith Blitz Plans

Toys are to be set up starting at 9:00 pm on Friday, April 1st and roped off until midnight. (Hopefully this will spare us the mangled cards which were dumped into shopping carts at many stores in years past)

In the top 400 stores there will be parking lot sales for the weekend of the 2nd.

Additional EXCLUSIVES will be in the toy departments on April 2nd (in the "normal" morning hours). No details on what yet.

There will be a Darth Vader Standee for photographs in the store

Greeters on April 2 and 3 will have collectible cards (a different one each day) to give out.

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    So what stores in our area will be doing this? The super Wal-Mart was a total waste when the last movie came out because the manager didn't give a flip about SW but also didn't give a flip about the customers.
    So I hesitate to depend on that location, plus it has always been a big disappointment in general for SW stuff since it opened. Never has much of anything and usually the oldest and out of date figures. Rarely any new things.
    Tyrone is good and my first choice to go to.
    Thanks for the info. anyone got a location or locaions to hit that night? Should we split up in teams?

3. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    I heard the Superwalmart in Valrico will be having a big setup from one of the employees!

4. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    "should we split into teams"

Im thinking (from a collectors standpoint) that a "team strategy" is the best way to go. we all have cell phones, and can communicate what we're missing/needing from each store. we can then all rendevous back at a resturant or wherever and swap what we need and what not.

just a thought, - onward

5. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    just one more thing : like the previous years, my goal will be to aquire one of each figure that is released that night. This can be around 30 figs,so i have my work cut out for me :) I know for E2 i was buying soo much from each store, i accidently bought doubles of crappy figs like jango, and another. cant have that this year :)

onward

6. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    The Holographic Yoda will be an TRU Exclusive and you must be there when they open on 4-2 and spend at least $35 to get one.

The Lava Vader will be a Target Exclusive and I suggest you be there 1st thing in the morning on April 2nd. Both of these exclusives will disappear FAST!!!

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Actually, I am limiting myself on stuff until after C3. Except for the 2 figures that Eric mentioned. I have a Target CC and never received any such coupon. I wonder if I have to ask for it at the store or what. Well, I know that Jace has done a lot of work in this dept. so I am with him and we can use my car. I also plan to be at our Target at 6:30 am Sat. But I wonder if all are doing this in our area or just select stores?

8. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Rebelscum has the playbook handed out to management at walmart going over the specifics of ROTS plans

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90393

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.