main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Walk for Wegeners Oct 8 Ft. Wayne

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Cor-AlGelkar, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Hi

My name is Carol Gilbert. I am a Jedi Council member/Midwest Order Leader for The Jedi Assembly as well as a member of The Rebel Legion and the Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club.

On Saturday Oct.8 in Ft. Wayne, IN, there will be a fundrasing Walk for Wegener's. Wegener's Granulomatosis is the autoimmune disease my husband has been afflicted with. Wegener's is a chronic autoimmune form of vasculitis that affects people of all ages. Wegener's can be considered a rare disease, but we believe it is just rarely diagnosed. WG can be fatal if proper treatment is not received.

I am planning on walking and looking for sponsors. Please PM me if interested.

I am also planning on walking in costume. Anybody want to join me? PM me please.

It looks like I will at least have one 501st member walking as well.

There is no known cause of WG, it is not contagious, and there is no evidence it is hereditary. The disease affects the sinuses, kidneys, lungs and other body organs. About 90 percent of patients start with symptoms of sinusitis that fail to respond to usual therapeutic measures.

The Wegener's Granulomatosis Association (WGA) is the international organization for Wegener's patients, family members and medical professionals. The non-profit group has over 4,000 members in 58 countries and offers support and comfort through education, awareness and research. For more information, please call the WGA at 1-800-277-9474, or visit the group's Web site: www.wgassociation.org.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.