main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Walking Dead from Telltale Games

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Tempted to buy the first season for the PS4

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Season 1 Episode 1 is currently free on XBL for 360 so I gave it a try. So much different playing as Lee than Clementine. The quality of the experience makes me ashamed that I avoided these games for so long. I saw that the complete first season is available as a digital download on Xbox One for $25 so I went ahead and bought it. Currently downloading. I'm wondering if there will be a significant visual upgrade between the 360 version and the X1.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Wait....you played Season 2 first?

07jonesj likes this.
  4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Season 2 episode 1 was free on XBL for 360 last week. This week season 1 episode 1 is free. Anyway, just bought the digital download of season 1 for XB1 so I'm replaying the first episode. Biggest difference I've seen between the 360 version and the X1 is the lighting.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's a big damn spoiler if you played episode 7 of the series first. :p

6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Yes...it was.

At any rate, partway through s1 e3 and damn. That freaking blows.

7. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Episode 4 of season 1 has given me so many glitches once I reached Crawford. I guess not even the digital download is immune from KotOR 2 grade glitches.

8. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Just finished season 2. Choked up near the end. So many feelings.

9. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I actually liked season 2 a bit better. Season 1 was good however I think they over did it with the comic book characters involved. Seeing Glen was ok because he was from Macon but I disliked the inclusion of Herschel and Lilly (the story they gave Lilly was awful by the way and I am glad Kirkman retconned it).

I liked the development they gave Clementine in the second game in that they showed how living in the apocalypse all this time really changed her and made her lose a lot of her spirit. I also think TellTale does a much better job with their original characters than characters they borrowed from the comics.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm excited about 2015's season 3.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So I recently went and gave Season Two another go... and found it far more enjoyable this time around. I don't know what it was, whether because of my prior knowledge I picked up on the Cabin survivors much earlier on, but I found myself invested in them this time.

In terms of pacing, I still think it peaks at Episode 3, but I like the in-depth exploration of Kenny (and maybe I'm over the hows of his survival) in the last two episodes.

Teared up at the end too. Turns out opinions can change over time. Looking forward to S3 now, and wondering what it'll even be about.

12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I haven't been so impatient for a game since...jeeze, maybe Mass Effect 2. But I imagine Telltale will be giving GoT priority over TWDs3.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll be waiting until Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones finish before I pick them up. As much as I hate the extra waiting, it'd just be worse if there was a major cliffhanger every two months. :p

So which ending did you get in Season Two?

And what were your opinions of Kenny and Jane?

14. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    If you wait, you usually can get a bundle at a discount. I got seasons 1 and 2 for about $10 off...only to later see that both seasons became available in a single bundle with a hefty discount.

In season 2, I ended up with Jane and let that family into Carver's.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Same with me. As much as I loved Kenny, he was obviously not in his right mind. The guy had been through so much and just couldn't handle it anymore.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I never cared for him until the second game actually. He seemed like less of a douche. But then he went full douche again.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    For me, he's probably my favourite character from the games (can't really count Lee or Clementine because you mold their personality). I made the same decision as you two, but it was hard, especially because I suspected Jane was up to something. I really wanted to tell her to go die on her own for manipulating the situation, but there's no way you'd be able to keep the baby alive on your own. I chose to go with her, but not forgive by letting the timer run out.

It's definitely the saddest death in Telltale's story so far me, moreso then Lee's, because I feel very responsible.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

That was kind of my thinking at the end, too. What Jane did was just messed up. But at the same time, Kenny was only good at making enemies. If Clementine had to raise a baby, she'd stand a better chance of doing it with Jane than with Kenny, imo. Jane's more careful and tactical, and it'd be better to be with her than alone with the infant or with Kenny, imo.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    My concern is that Jane could be just as adept at breaking up groups as Kenny, if her actions toward him are any indication. She shows great distress at killing Vitali early in the finale, proclaiming she's never killed anyone who hadn't wronged her. In that, she is so much like Kenny. When they're right, they're goddamn right, and good luck convincing them otherwise. Not only that, but their actions both stem from the loss of their loved ones, and they're trying to redeem themselves by helping Clementine.

Jane certainly seems to be stronger in the survival category, but I simply don't trust her as much as Kenny.

Oh, and on S3 - if Clementine's going to be the protagonist, I'd love it if they could make a shorter Episode 1 (maybe 60-75 minutes) or, alternatively, release it as a DLC ala 400 Days, that had three completely different stories for the three different endings. They'd have to end up in the same place for the second episode, but it'd be nice to see a big difference based on this choice.

20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Regarding 400 Days, which of those characters appeared in your playthrough of season 2?

I only got Bonnie and that stoner guy with the beard. I was hoping for Vince, since he was the most interesting of the bunch.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It depends on who joins Tavia in the Epilogue. I got Wyatt, Shel, Becca and Bonnie. Vince and Russell chose not to join, so I didn't see them. I hope they feature some of the others in later seasons as they did with Bonnie in S2 because they went out of their way to give us the backstories to all of them, and I like the way they reintroduced Bonnie.

22. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    What did those characters contribute to your Season 2 playthrough?

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Nothing, only Bonnie has a major role. Shel, Becca and Wyatt just had 15-second appearances.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh, okay. I saw Wyatt (the bearded stoner, right?) patrolling Carver's once. But that was about it.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013