main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wall-E

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by adoyidej, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Ever since I read about Comic-Con, I've been really excited for Wall-E. Is it just me, or does this sound as much like a good SciFi story as something kids will enjoy? Definitely one of the movies I'm most excited for next year.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm really looking foward to WALL?E. One of the best teaser trailers I've seen all year. Ben Burtt left LucasFilm and is now at Pixar where he is doing the sound design for WALL?E.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah the trailer was great.

And his voice was adorable :p

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I love Pixar, but I see this being near their low end of the boxoffice as well as critical. When I saw this with Ratatouille the crowd reaction was bad.

5. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    I don't know, I don't care that much about box office. But I think the movie sounds pretty ingenius, and most people who were doubting Ratatouille because it was a rat cooking eventually came around. I think people generally trust in Pixar. Ratatouille was actually my favorite movie of theirs to date, but I think Wall-E could definitely top it from the news about the concept.

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Box Office take is by no means a measure of a film's quality. This movie will be great, just like everything else Pixar has done, and that's all that matters to me.

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    The one thing I'm hoping for: that the character doesn't talk. Does anyone know if he does?

8. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I saw 10 minutes of footage from the movie, and Wall-E didn't talk at all. But the way his facial expression and sounds came across like he was talking.

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Does that mean he won't be around to ruin great scenes by cranking the sound effects up to about 20 times the level of the music when Lucas gets around to the next home-video release of the OT?

10. Beskargirl

Beskargirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2007
    I love the Pixar films in general, and I would go see it just to hear his neato voice more:D

11. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    This looks awesome! I don't think it will do very well in theaters -- it will be pitched as a children's movie, and children just don't have the attention span for a movie with almost no dialogue. I really can't wait though, the trailer had me totally sold.

12. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Indy will probably win the summer and more than likely the year. But it wouldn't not suprise me if this came in second.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This looks really funny, and cute.

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Dumbo didn't talk either.

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wall-E may very well be the most adorable thing ever conceived by man. The trailers never fail to bring a smile to my face and make me go "awwww!" I love this to bits. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    He speaks to me.

17. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Another forum says there's little talking, so I'm happy.

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm rather worried that this film isn't going to be all that great. I was at the panel at Comic Con and watched the footage, but while half of me was excited, the other half wasn't all that intrigued. Who knows; it may turn out to be a flop, but it might be brilliant. We'll have to wait and see. :D

19. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    ^In Pixar you must trust.

20. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I can't wait for this film to come out! :D Looks like the Pixar animation will be great, intersting storyline, and not to mention Wall-E is adorable! :D

21. EvilFishy

EvilFishy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    It looks like it will be a good movie with maybe a hint of sadness here and there. The concept also seems interesting enough and new enough to capture audiences. And, in what appears to be a unanimous opinion, Wall-E is adorable.

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm also looking forward to Wall-E. I'm a Pixar lover and love everything that they do.

23. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    This is probablly the only movie I'd consider actually seeing in the theaters.
    Anyone else reminded of Short Circuit's "Number 5"?

24. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Not meaning to be a downer, but this movie fails to capture my interest. Maybe it's because I've seen the trailer in front of every single movie I've seen this summer and am sick to death of it. But while everyone else is exclaiming how adorable the robot is, I just think he's been over-designed for maximum would-be cuteness, which to me isn't cute at all. Or maybe I'm just getting cynical.

25. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Saw it today. All in all, another home run by te folks at Pixar. A visual masterpiece, and just an excellent film overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.