main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Wallpapers and Forum Signature Art (Updated 22nd December!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by darthwars, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Hello. First of all, please accept my apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread etc, but I have just completed my first set of wallpapers and signature art for my site (www.sithstempleonline.com).

Feel free to use them if you wish. Any feedback (good or otherwise) would be appreciated.

OBI WAN WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

DARTH MAUL WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

HUMAN TORCH (Fantastic 4) WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

ICEMAN WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

Sith's Temple by Sith's Temple

Anakin by Sith's Temple

Anakin (Alternative 4 Panel Signature) by Sith's Temple

Mace Windu by Sith's Temple

Palpatine by Sith's Temple

The Crow by Sith's Temple

The Crow (Alternative) by Sith's Temple

NEW ADDITIONS!!!

DARTH VADER WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

DARTH VADER SPACE WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple

I am a web designer who is delving deeper into graphic design, and I have taken a lot of time getting these done and learning new techniques. I hope you like them. Most of the time was taken with doing all the backgrounds from scratch, and I would be more than happy to post any tutorials on how to acheive the effects if anyone is interested.

EDIT: The Darth Maul, Iceman and Human Torch links have been replaced with the correct image sizes - the original links were to the thumbnail image!!

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Very dynamic work! Particularly the Human Torch. I also really like the Iceman and Sith's Temple.

Excellent stuff.

oldj

3. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Thank you. I am particularly proud of the background for the Obi Wan and Darth Maul Wallpapers. My favourite signature art so far has to be the Sith's Temple and Crow signatures. A lot of time went into them.

I'm glad you like them.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice work, darthwars--I really like your use of color and your compositions are very clean and uncluttered (my favorite kind!). If I had to pick a favorite of these I think it would be The Crow, and the unsectioned one of Anakin--both have a nice "feel" to them, visually. Best of luck with the graphic design work--you seem to have a definite talent for it!

FF

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow! I love these -- they're most excellent! I like your compositions, like FalconFan said, clean and uncluttered. :)

6. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Thank you for all your positive responses!! I have updated most of the links because I stupidly put links to the thumbnail images!! So now you can see them in full resolution.

There will be many more to come, and if anyone has any requests, let me know.

7. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    I have just finished a Darth Vader wallpaper which you can see below.

I am currently working on Palpatine, Yoda and Mace Windu, and they should be up soon.

DARTH VADER WALLPAPER by Sith's Temple
    [image=http://www.sithstempleonline.com/wallpapers/vader_wallpaper.jpg]

Any suggestions for other wallpapers/sig art etc (SW related and non-SW related)are most welcome!!

8. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    I suggest Padme. :D

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work, but for some reason I can't view anything but the first 4 wallpapers on the first post. Does anybody else have this problem?

From the ones I can see, you are doing a great job.

AG88

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Yes, I have this problem too. Don't know why. But always good to know I'm not the only One.

But looks very good. I like them.

11. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Some of the links aren't working at the moment, because I've recently revamped and restructured my site.

I'll have new links available soon, but in the meantime, most of my work can be seen at www.sithstempleonline.com (they are all in the 'Album' section).

Many thanks for all your kind comments.

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Lord Vader looks great and the font fits perfect. Hehe, nice lightsaber.

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That Vader one is pretty cool. Love the font, what is the name of it?

Also, one little comment here. Watch out for overusing filters and fading and the like, that can detract from the work. :)

14. darthwars

darthwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Ok. The links have been updated to show their correct location.

Many thanks for all your kind comments.

I have just finished working on a new wallpaper (it's part of a different composition, but I slightly amended in to give it a Star Wars feel!)You can view it at the link below.

Darth Vader Space Wallpaper

Hope you all like it.

As for the font I used for the Lord Vader image, the 'Lord Vader' text is 'Matura MT Script', and the 'Rise' text is 'MatterOfFact'. I can't remember where I got them, but if you want, I can send them to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.