main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Wallpapers, banners, and other art by Jedi_Commander_Faofa: On Haitus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
  2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hello & Welcome Jedi_Commander_Faofa!

That flame work you did on the text of "The Final Duel" is beautiful! and I especially love your new banner for your Jedi Wars site - it's really well put together and the color is fantastic. It's also nice to see an image of a Chiss Fighter because I've never seen one before.

----
    "I still love to fool around with Photoshop and make wallpapers and such, but lately, I have been busy (just got a job, and college is starting soon too, along with other things) but hopefully I will update this lots, and I would love to see your opinions of my work."

I hope all goes well with the job and school and you do find the time to update! It's some really nice work. :)

- Suz ^_~

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thank you for the welcome Your_Worshipfulness! (So funny saying that... ;) ) So glad you like my work.

I actually started going to my new job last night, but when I got home, I didn't want to sleep, so I went on a Photoshop high. ;) Here's what I produced:

Dark Lord of the Sith
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/darklord.jpg]

I Don't Fear...
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/idontfearbg.jpg]

Order 66
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/order66v1.jpg]

Comments are welcome!

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh! I reall like that Order 66 one :)

5. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I agree with Thrawn awesome order 66 and I love the dark lord of the sith one, I like all the meshed pictures. Has a cool agressive look to it. Keep it up!
    -Arsnl

6. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    "Thank you for the welcome Your_Worshipfulness! (So funny saying that... )"

Lol, I get a kick out of it too :p

Oh, I have to agree with everyone so far and say that 'Order 66' is my favorite. It's nice and relatively simple, but it gets the message across perfectly - sometimes less is more. Great quotations yet again! They really do help set the tone and you have a knack to pick just the right ones (or depending on how you go about creating these, you know how to help properly convey them).

I like the images you've used for "Dark Lord of the Sith", (it's one of the best pictures of Anakin in my opinion). It's very 'moody' providing that sense of doom of his character, However I sort of found the entire piece a tad bit too dark though, and since it's mainly monochromatic, it makes it all the more difficult to see the detail.

- Suz ^_~

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    You have some wonderful work here, Jedi_Commander_Faofa--and you definitely display a talent for composition! I, too, like the simpler arrangements--and a good tag line, if one is included--and I was really tickled to see the Chiss Clawcraft (one of my favorite EU starfighters! ;) )! I liked the lighting on the X-wing piece, and I'll join everyone else in saying that your Order 66 interpretation is wonderful--we can almost feel the clones getting ready to turn their weapons on the unsuspecting Jedi there just ahead of them... Nice work here!

FF

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks guys! You are making me feel real welcome here. :)

Less is definitely more in some cases. I like the composition stuff though, as you can see on some of my work. I like to see sometimes how much stuff I can put in something while still making it look like one fluid picture. I was working yesterday on some of the 'less is more' stuff, however, I had to do this next piece. ;)

It was requested by a fellow friend and forum member here. Hopefully she likes it, and hopefully you guys here like it too. It took me a while with the backdrop, but I'm hoping it worked, and it goes with the whole 'scene'. Comments and constructive criticism appreciated!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/anewhopebg.jpg]

EDIT: I made two more today.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/padmelost.jpg]
    ^This one was more of an experiment than anything. I hoped it would have turned out better than it did, but maybe you all will like it... Me personally, I'm not sure about it though.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/carbonite.jpg]
    ^This one I am entering into the FanArt Challenge for this month. I think this one turned out good. Text looks like carbonite, background looks like yellow mist, I think I achieved what I went out to do on this one.

Also, I found out from a fellow member that Photobucket resizes pictures bad, so some of the quality will be lost in the wallpapers. Darn.

Does DeviantArt.Com let you upload pics without losing quality?

9. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    In a "A New Hope", my eyes keep getting drawn towards the design you produced in the BG - it's really beautiful. I also like how Pad & Ani are looking up towards their children. Excellent placement.

"Any chance of saving her will be lost" - The gold color is a good color to incorporate with her (the one shining thing in Anakin's life). The image as a whole did strike me as being a bit blurry though, bringing all the attention to the text instead of a joint effect like the other images you've created.

I have agree with you that "There will be another time" turned out exceptionally well. I like how you incorporated the yellow misty gas from the original image and used it as a way to blend it all together. It's a great idea :)

As to your question regarding DeviantArt, I would think that you don't lose quality, but unfortunately I'm not too sure as I myself don't have an account there. Sorry :(

- Suz ^_~

10. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Nice new stuff. I like the Padme one. Keep it up.

-Arsnl

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I made this one today. I was wanting to make an EU one for a while now. Jaina was my favorite female character in the NJO. I took some pics from various novel covers, but for some reason, some of it turned out blurry. I tried the whole Unsharp Mask thing in Photoshop, the program I used, to make them look sharper, but no go. So, I did what I could with it. Wish it wasn't that blurry, but you get the idea. Hope you like it!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/jainabg.jpg]

Comments always wanted!

12. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Very nice addition. I like the flow you have with all of your artwork, although I can't put my finger on it-nice job. you plan to do Jacen solo too?

-Arnsl

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yes, I do plan to do a Jacen one. I'm hoping to do an Anakin one too, although there isn't much pics of him out there.

14. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I have no idea who Jaina Solo is, but is it just me, or does she look like Jennifer Connolly?

Great wallpaper. I like how you have the main portrait of her dominating the center with the smaller images sort of orbiting it.

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Jaina Solo is Han and Leia's daughter in the EU novels.

16. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Very nice! I like the abstract-shape pattern you used in the bg (you turn out some really spiffy designs), and how you've place all the images around he face in the center. Despite the 'blurry' problem you aforementioned, it's still really good.

Also, the image in the upper left hand corner is one I've never seen before, and I always enjoy seeing new images.

- Suz ^_~

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Made this one yesterday after I got home from work.

Dark Side Dwelling
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/darksideduelbg.jpg]

Comments wanted, as always! :)

18. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Very nice, as always, Scott. :)

19. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Oh now that one is really really good, your skills are improving b-4 our eyes. Good job and keep it up, your thread is like that last shot of tequelia, it has a kick to it then, and you can still feel it in the morning. [face_laugh] Nice work.

-Arsnl

20. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Yes, I do plan to do a Jacen one. I'm hoping to do an Anakin one too, although there isn't much pics of him out there.

Ooh, ooh! Loved your pics here, but I'll have to bring a drool bucket for that one![face_love]

=D= Keep up the good work!

Peace~ Ari.

21. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    I have to agree with Darth_ArsnL, you're really improving. In this particular image, you've really blended in the images very well, moreso than your previous work on 'Jaina'. Great shot of Anakin too.

- Suz ^_~

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks guys for the comments. They're always appreciated. It helps me along with my work. I've been a bit busy lately, so I haven't done any new art, but I have experimented with a few things in the time that I have had, and hopefully I will have something up by Tuesday.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I have made three new pics in the past few days.

The first one is the Jacen Solo background I promised. I think this one turned out a lot better than the Jaina one, as far as clearness goes. Hopefully you will all like it.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/jacensolobg.jpg]

The next one is a pretty self-explanatory background I made about the Jedi Purge. I think I blended in the pics pretty good. Plus the text worked out good too. (The Clone Wars font helped. ;) )
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/time4purgebg.jpg]

The last one is the pic I made with the new technique that I was experimenting with in Photoshop. I just loved everyone's drawings here, and I wish I could draw myself (hopefully that will change soon). So, I decided I would find a way with Photoshop to make it look like a drawing. Also, I really like this picture of Padme, and thought it was best to do a technique like this to. Hopefully I pulled it off.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/padmepdraw.jpg]

Comments, as always, are wanted and appreciated.

24. dark_force-user

dark_force-user Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    Thanx,
    the order 66 one was even good enough to make me change my desktop-
    which was the original one for my computer

you know the one-

those friggin' mountians

25. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    If you were looking for pics of certain people- Like jacen or jaina, I thought I saw a couple at this site:

http://www.rabittooth.com/StarWarsWallpaper.htm

hope it helps :)

-Arsnl

and nice Jacen post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.