main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Walmart & Tunick... finito!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Hello serial killer...

I found this one on my search
    [​IMG]

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Just like me... a heavy sleeper.

:p

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

3. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    move to arizona i can get you a job at the YMCA

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Thought you'd like this...

[​IMG]

Juliet316, Yoda_S, LostOnHoth and 2 others like this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Tunes, I'm pretty sure I suggested this before but...have you considered going back to college? Perhaps there ARE opportunities there for you.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, I think it's time to start considering something entirely different Tunick. College is an excellent idea. Alternately look into temp agencies?

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    And have you considered.... *gasp!* ... Losing the neck beard?!

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    He hasn't, and he can't or won't see how much that hurts his chances.

Tunes, if you keep images online with you sporting that...thing, rest assured, people simply won't consider you for an interview. It simply works like that. Employers can and will discriminate for even such a trivial detail as unkempt facial hair, no matter how important it is to you.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I also wouldn't be surprised if his resumé could still use some fine-tuning.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have you considered joining the army?

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Grab your sword and fight the Horde!

Coruscant likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The only good bug is a dead bug!

14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hear Ulfric Stormcloak is looking for anyone to throw the Empire out of Skyrim.

Darth_Invidious and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    So I called the EDD (around 3pm), got a message that "due to Federal cuts, EDD employees are only available on the phone from 8am-12pm." Bummer. However, I re-read the form they sent me & there's two separate forms to fill out: 1 sheet to explain why I missed their REA (re-employment & eligibility assessment) interview, and a form to bring to a possible future interview. Obviously the first form will be sent out tomorrow, and I'll call back anyway to see if I get anywhere (though I doubt it).

Boba_Fett_2001: I was stupid in using my DarthNorthridge e-mail (AOL) account on the resume for a bit of time, but that's long been rectified... but, I was never that stupid to use anything but black font on my resume. :p

I Are The Internets: I haven't, and wouldn't. Don't have the sensibility/drive to ever do so.

Jedi_Dajuan: I will likely be using the services of a temp agency at some point, but I haven't yet (aside from my resume being on file at caljob.com, a state workforce assistant site). As for the college issue, I'm just not sure. Obviously finishing up on getting a degree would/could help out things tremendously, but given the job market out there, people with degrees are having a tough time as well. My financial situation stinks (I've got no real savings to speak of), and entering the world of student loans is a daunting prospect. Also, part of the reason why I had my mental collapse/blackout episode in February/March of '08 was due to the stress of being in (junior) college. I've had a bit of mental block about going back to school ever since then.

Coruscant, Darth_Invidious : It is my plan to immediately shave, trim my hair/beard the second I get a response back from an employer about an interview. As for the photos that are already online, there are some that are clean shaven/feature a heavily trimmed beard. And besides, isn't what's already online there forever?

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    maybe trim it up now and go apply to some places in person. show some initiative, get your hustle on tunes.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Also, don't just throw a stamp on it and toss it in the mail. Take it to the post office and pay the two bucks, or so, to send it certified. That way, you will be sure they received it. If they have a fax number (and I'm 100% sure they do), you should fax a copy, as well. You can't be lax about this stuff. Never rely on snail mail.

Also, lol at calling at 3pm. Get your ass out of bed and take care of business in the morning. :p

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    And I mentioned earlier in this thread that you should probably look at doing volunteer work of some sort. No you're not gonna get paid but it's something you can put on your resumé and will show potential employers that you're still motivated to work even if you're not making money. Heck, you might even like it.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    harpua

Aside from when I've had to deal with other EDD issues in the past (phone & in-person interviews that were conducted early in the morning) & family/other personal events, matters, etc., I usually wake up late, since I go to sleep late (usually around 2-4:30am). :p

I did/apply & inquire about a position with the Salvation Army, but never heard back from them. Of course, I can always try again.

22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Mail it today!

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    One more piece of advice... when you go in for the interview with unemployment, trim your beard and dress like you give a ****. If you go in with the bush face and some Dodgers thing, they're going to assume you're not serious about finding a job. You need to treat unemployment like your employer, because they essentially are... they're paying you.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I don't think Tunes is that unaware.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Have you read this thread? :p

Also, Tunick knows that I adore him and am giving him **** (in an "I'm giving you ****, but take me at least somewhat seriously" way).

DarthTunick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.